Options

Kamala Harris - VP Pick

Comments

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    let me know when Biden publicly supports a gang of his supporters trying to hang VP Harris.
    Why can’t we judge anything without comparing it to the last administration? 
    Some people just have Trump on the mind all the time. 

brianlux said:
    If what the article here say is true and she is being constrained from within the Biden administration, I would find that curios.  What are they afraid of?  Or is it just CNN's take and not true?

"Many in the vice president's circle fume that she's not being adequately prepared or positioned, and instead is being sidelined. The vice president herself has told several confidants she feels constrained in what she's able to do politically. And those around her remain wary of even hinting at future political ambitions, with Biden's team highly attuned to signs of disloyalty, particularly from the vice president."
    Well I think her unpopularity might be the reason Biden might be “confining her” politically. His own ratings are dipping, and he’s smart enough to know more Harris isn’t the cure for that. Not sure what the cure is though. 
    Then maybe he should have picked a better VP instead of just picking her because of her gender and race?
    Hey it had to be a woman! Then George Floyd was killed so it had to be a woman of color! But if I was Joe, I would’ve gone with one that had some popularity with the electorate (Harris was so unpopular she dropped out before Iowa), one that didn’t suggest I’m a racist (“busing” debate fiasco), and didn’t say she believed the woman that was making a baseless sexual assault allegation against me. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,023
    nicknyr15 said:
    let me know when Biden publicly supports a gang of his supporters trying to hang VP Harris.

brianlux said:
    If what the article here say is true and she is being constrained from within the Biden administration, I would find that curios.  What are they afraid of?  Or is it just CNN's take and not true?

"Many in the vice president's circle fume that she's not being adequately prepared or positioned, and instead is being sidelined. The vice president herself has told several confidants she feels constrained in what she's able to do politically. And those around her remain wary of even hinting at future political ambitions, with Biden's team highly attuned to signs of disloyalty, particularly from the vice president."
    Well I think her unpopularity might be the reason Biden might be “confining her” politically. His own ratings are dipping, and he’s smart enough to know more Harris isn’t the cure for that. Not sure what the cure is though. 
    More cowbell?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,331
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    You may have heard that the former president is not behaving like any former president we have ever had and is most likely going to run again. At the very minimum he still has a stranglehold over an entire political party. So it is entirely acceptable to continue to talk about Trump and draw comparisons every chance that pops up. As polling has shown Americans have the memory of a door knob. They must be reminded of his awfulness all the time, for all I care.
    I disagree. To be dismissive of that entire article simply because Biden hasn’t come out and said his supporters should hang Harris doesn’t make sense to me. Any negative news about Biden gets met with this same “what about trump” and it’s just weird to me. 
    I am not saying you should dismiss the article. I think it's a bit overblown, to be honest.

But drawing the comparison to the previous guy who is actively trying to destroy the current guy and wants to be the next guy is absolutely fair game. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

brianlux said:

Then maybe he should have picked a better VP instead of just picking her because of her gender and race? He should stand by his pick and put her in a better position to succeed imo. 
    Such an insensitive slap in the face. Gee, here's a thought, maybe he thought she was the best person for the job?

Ugh. 2021 and we're still dealing with shit like this? Be better folks. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    edited November 2021
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

brianlux said:

Then maybe he should have picked a better VP instead of just picking her because of her gender and race? He should stand by his pick and put her in a better position to succeed imo. 

Wow.....just Gender & Race?

Over 30 years of experience in public service:

Deputy district attorney in Alameda County (1990-1998)
    Assistant district attorney of San Francisco (1998-2000)
    Family and Children's Services Division representing child abuse and neglect cases (2000-2004)
    District Attorney of San Francisco (2004–2011)
    Attorney General of California (2011–2017)
    U.S. Senate (2017–2021)

She's more than qualified.

So what's your issue with Kamala's gender and race?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,923
    edited November 2021
    ummm arent most vp's constrained politically? having to toe the line to back a president?
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,835
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

brianlux said:

Family and Children's Services Division representing child abuse and neglect cases (2000-2004)
    U.S. Senate (2017–2021)

I have no issue at all. It means nothing to me. Means more to him, obviously. I’m not saying she’s not qualified to be considered for the job at all. Did I say that? Do you think she was the best choice? 
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,749
    edited November 2021
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

brianlux said:

U.S. Senate (2017–2021)

He doesn’t have an issue with her race and gender. He’s saying that’s why Joe picked her. Maybe if Joe didn’t announce months in advance that his VP pick would be a woman, and then weeks in advance that it would be a woman of color, and he just went ahead and picked her, it wouldn’t seem like race and gender is the main reason he picked her.

Nice list of qualifications…but she was still unbelievably unpopular with the democratic electorate, which raises questions as to why he would pick her for VP. Klobchar and Warren have similar qualifications, and actually got votes in the democratic primary, but somehow Joe thought the unpopular candidate, that suggested he’s a racist and said she believed the woman that said Joe was a rapist, would be a better pick than them, or any other viable candidates. 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,835
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

brianlux said:

Such an insensitive slap in the face. Gee, here's a thought, maybe he thought she was the best person for the job?

The fact that I even have to explain that comment is just insane to me honestly. But yea.. I’ll be better. Thank you for your advice. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

brianlux said:

The fact that I even have to explain that comment is just insane to me honestly. But yea.. I’ll be better. Thank you for your advice. 
    Not more insane than you making that comment in the first place in this day and age.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

brianlux said:

Then maybe he should have picked a better VP instead of just picking her because of her gender and race?
    Hey it had to be a woman! Then George Floyd was killed so it had to be a woman of color! But if I was Joe, I would’ve gone with one that had some popularity with the electorate (Harris was so unpopular she dropped out before Iowa), one that didn’t suggest I’m a racist (“busing” debate fiasco), and didn’t say she believed the woman that was making a baseless sexual assault allegation against me. 
    But guys most votes of any ticket ever. Had nothing to do with Trump and everything to do about the popularity among the Dem electorate of the VP pick.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Lol. I find it odd how people are somehow upset about Joe's running mate selection a year after he won in decisive fashion. What brought this about now? Do you think she will hurt his chances in 2024 when, odds are, Trump will run again (like a lot of you assumed would happen but didn't last year)?

Very strange...
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Lol. I find it odd how people are somehow upset about Joe's running mate selection a year after he won in decisive fashion. What brought this about now? Do you think she will hurt his chances in 2024 when, odds are, Trump will run again (like a lot of you assumed would happen but didn't last year)?

Very strange...
    I think if the POTUS and VP don't have amazing poll numbers and do all they can to improve it, we have a very real possibility of a second trump term in Jan 2025.  That is my concern.  Hopefully the infrastructure bill greatly improves things for everyday Americans and Kamala can score some big political wins that turn her approval ratings toward the positive.  I think both Joe and Kamala need some good PR especially before the midterms.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    I thought it was common knowledge Biden was going to pick a black female as a running mate. As LBman10 said, Biden even said himself he was going to pick a female and then added someone of color. Obviously that’s not the only reason she was picked, but if Kamala was a white dude, does anyone think she’d be VP? If you’re being honest you’d say “no.”
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,387
    mace1229 said:
    I thought it was common knowledge Biden was going to pick a black female as a running mate. As LBman10 said, Biden even said himself he was going to pick a female and then added someone of color. Obviously that’s not the only reason she was picked, but if Kamala was a white dude, does anyone think she’d be VP? If you’re being honest you’d say “no.”
    If Kamala was a white dude, she'd be president.
  • Options
    Hobbes said:
    mace1229 said:
    No. You really believe that despite being one of the lowest in the primaries, if she was a white dude she would have beat Biden? I can only imagine what the other, more successful, female candidates would have accomplished had they been men.
  • Options
    lol this conversation has turned into Critical Race Theory exemplified
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    Hobbes said:
    mace1229 said:
    I don't really think so. First, the only person able to beat America's Cult Leader was someone tied to Obama. And second, she just never really captured her own party. If she were a white guy she'd have probably finished within a few points of where she finished anyway, which means, not even sniffing the nomination.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    static111 said:

Very strange...
    I think if the POTUS and VP don't have amazing poll numbers and do all they can to improve it, we have a very real possibility of a second trump term in Jan 2025.  That is my concern.  Hopefully the infrastructure bill greatly improves things for everyday Americans and Kamala can score some big political wins that turn her approval ratings toward the positive.  I think both Joe and Kamala need some good PR especially before the midterms.
    Since when has anyone, ever, been concerned with the vice president's approval numbers? lol....

Sorry man. That just doesn't make sense. Biden's numbers are low, hence his vp's are low.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    mace1229 said:
    I love how people just casually add her race to it. Lol. What the fuck man? Yes he said he was picking a woman. There were a ton of qualified women running with him in the primaries. Perhaps, JUST PERHAPS, Joe thought she was the best person for the job, politics aside. I mean, the guy has a little experience with the position after all. 

Check her approval numbers amongst African Americans before making comments like this. Like others have said her overall approval numbers were low but they were also low amongst that group. This silly little fact flies in the face of your argument that she got the nod simply because of her race.

Jesus Christ guys. Thank GOD she doesn't wear tan suits. Can't imagine how much worse this nonsense would be.  

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    static111 said:

Very strange...
    Since when has anyone, ever, been concerned with the vice president's approval numbers? lol....

Sorry man. That just doesn't make sense. Biden's numbers are low, hence his vp's are low.
    When the Prez will be 82 going into his second term.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

Very strange...

Biden won't seek a second term
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

Very strange...

Exactly which sets up his VP to potentially be the face of the party.  Anyone remember Dan Quayle?  At this point I don't see Kamala being what the top of the ticket needs to defeat Trump or any trump adjacents.  She isn't good with crowds and doesn't have any big wins right now.  It would be great to see her really push through the voting rights bill or get some sort of progress made with the border and immigration.  Believe me I would like to see her succeed.  The fact remains that were VP to go against any moderately popular R with her current profile we would basically be guaranteeing an R prez.  I'm not sure what she can do if she is being hamstrung by the POTUS.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    I'm thinking Gavin Newsom in 2024
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    I'm thinking Gavin Newsom in 2024
    For real?  As wary as I am currently of having Kamala at the top of the ticket I would much prefer her to Newsom.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

Very strange...

So the VP will just be handed the nomination then? Not going to happen. Plus that will just feed into all the republican talking points about how she's really running the show and all that nonsense. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    static111 said:
    CM189191 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

Very strange...

Exactly which sets up his VP to potentially be the face of the party.  Anyone remember Dan Quayle?  At this point I don't see Kamala being what the top of the ticket needs to defeat Trump or any trump adjacents.  She isn't good with crowds and doesn't have any big wins right now.  It would be great to see her really push through the voting rights bill or get some sort of progress made with the border and immigration.  Believe me I would like to see her succeed.  The fact remains that were VP to go against any moderately popular R with her current profile we would basically be guaranteeing an R prez.  I'm not sure what she can do if she is being hamstrung by the POTUS.
    Now we are comparing Dan Quayle to Kamala Harris? Really? I don't remember anyone saying he got picked to be the face of the party in four years later....when GWB ran again anyway. 

Stop worrying about Kamala Harris. She is not the reason for Biden's lower approval numbers. Just like she wasn't the reason why he was over 50% heading into August. Afghanistan, the Delta variant, and congress' slow action on infrastructure and BBB are why he's where he's at. That's it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    if everyone keeps fucking around michelle obama is going to come back and run.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    if everyone keeps fucking around michelle obama is going to come back and run.
    I would be all for that
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    CM189191 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

Very strange...

Now we are comparing Dan Quayle to Kamala Harris? Really? I don't remember anyone saying he got picked to be the face of the party in four years later....when GWB ran again anyway. 

Stop worrying about Kamala Harris. She is not the reason for Biden's lower approval numbers. Just like she wasn't the reason why he was over 50% heading into August. Afghanistan, the Delta variant, and congress' slow action on infrastructure and BBB are why he's where he's at. That's it. 
    I'm not worried about Kamala, i'm worried about lackluster Dems losing in the mid terms and ushering in Trump 2.0.  
    Scio me nihil scire