Options

Pearl Jam 2020 postponed posters

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,445
    The policy probably prevents an avalanche of exchange requests for microscopic flaws. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    The policy probably prevents an avalanche of exchange requests for microscopic flaws. 
    Yep...goddamn paper products are notoriously unreliable....
  • Options
    I always thought the policy is because prints could come back from the show with minor condition issues, either in handling or in transit to ten club, not because you could get a screwed up tube and be told too bad.

They could just use Priority Mail instead of UPS Innovations>USPS.  Then the tubes would be insured, and if it came with a ding, you could at least get your money back and maybe keep a print.  It's a business expense for them if it gets damaged, right?  They shouldn't care if you get a "free" damaged print because it got dented in transit in a thin tube with a one inch diameter, with the print rolled in the thinnest craft paper.

Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    I love my Toronto Print that came a couple days ago.  The colours are stunning.
    Barrie, Ontario 08-05-1992 x Toronto, Ontario 08-18-1993
    Barrie, Ontario 08-22-1998 x Toronto, Ontario 10-05-2000
    Toronto, Ontario 09-19-2005 x Toronto, Ontario 05-10-2006
    Toronto, Ontario 08-13-2008 (Ed Solo) x Toronto, Ontario 08-21-2009
    Toronto, Ontario 09-11-2011 x Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Buffalo, NY 10-12-2013 x Ottawa, Ontario 05-08-2016
    Ottawa, Ontario 09-03-2022
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 650
    Love it as well the pic online does not do it any justice.  Its beautiful.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,910
    jefft said:
    Love it as well the pic online does not do it any justice.  Its beautiful.

Indeed it is.
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,211
    edited September 2020
    I always thought the policy is because prints could come back from the show with minor condition issues, either in handling or in transit to ten club, not because you could get a screwed up tube and be told too bad.

They could just use Priority Mail instead of UPS Innovations>USPS.  Then the tubes would be insured, and if it came with a ding, you could at least get your money back and maybe keep a print.  It's a business expense for them if it gets damaged, right?  They shouldn't care if you get a "free" damaged print because it got dented in transit in a thin tube with a one inch diameter, with the print rolled in the thinnest craft paper.

Agree. “As is” means the condition it was in at the time of the sale, to cover minor issues like a soft corner. If it then becomes severely damaged in transit, it’s no longer “as is.” They should make that right. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • Options
    NYC Mumford SE arrived in the UK today - no customs fees (thanks 10C!) - looks and smells AMAZING. Can't believe this one isn't sold out yet, it's stunning.
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,080
    NYC Mumford SE arrived in the UK today - no customs fees (thanks 10C!) - looks and smells AMAZING. Can't believe this one isn't sold out yet, it's stunning.
    I received the Mumford, Erickson and Ames in England today as well. Mumford is the best of the three in my view 
  • Options
    CrewCrew Posts: 299
    Did anyone actually get a tracking number from Mumford AP's ?

All that extra time & effort ensuring items don't get lost/delayed, and then no tracking information is provided.  Sigh.
  • Options
    Crew said:

All that extra time & effort ensuring items don't get lost/delayed, and then no tracking information is provided.  Sigh.
    Mine just turned up on Friday. It was sent tracked (by Royal Mail signed for) but Mumford never provided a tracking number 
  • Options
    Crew said:

I honestly can't remember an artist sale that was handled worse. Delay shipment by 5 weeks to avoid shipping delays and then send out orders without providing anyone with tracking.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Hoping to see some movement on the OKC print soon!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    drfox said:
    Crew said:

Mine just turned up on Friday. It was sent tracked (by Royal Mail signed for) but Mumford never provided a tracking number 
    UK?

Crew said:

I honestly can't remember an artist sale that was handled worse. Delay shipment by 5 weeks to avoid shipping delays and then send out orders without providing anyone with tracking.
    I can appreciate the reasoning behind it, but it's hard not to agree here.  Can't remember any AP taking this long, especially without more direct communication/feedback (I don't do Twitter, so I shouldn't have to expect to get updates on my orders there.)
  • Options
    Re: the comment above regarding posters held back for mystery boxes, when m Balto disappeared, I emailed TC and they said they didn't have any replacement stock. So, take that with a grain of salt

As for the policy regarding complete destruction of a flawed poster....why? And also, how does one prove that one destroyed it? Seems easy to fake? (not encouraging this behavior, just saying, it's an odd policy)
  • Options
    Re: the comment above regarding posters held back for mystery boxes, when m Balto disappeared, I emailed TC and they said they didn't have any replacement stock. So, take that with a grain of salt

As for the policy regarding complete destruction of a flawed poster....why? And also, how does one prove that one destroyed it? Seems easy to fake? (not encouraging this behavior, just saying, it's an odd policy)
    They make you destroy it in lieu of paying postage to mail it back.  And they have you send a photo of it torn up to prove you destroyed it. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options

If they were actually numbered, and they were replacing it, it would make sense to destroy it to maintain the integrity of the edition.

When they aren't replacing it, it makes zero sense.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    edited September 2020

I think that's pretty standard policy, actually. 

Proof (photos of number and signature, etc) that it can't be repaired and sold as part of the original edition.  
  • Options
    CPR7CPR7 Stade de France, July 10, 2016 Posts: 364
    Also if the poster was damaged during transport fair game. Nothing 10C can do about that. The poster I received was flawed during the printing process. There should have been some sort of QA before shipping out a defective poster. 

Whatever it is what it is. Hopefully I can hide it in a frame but I would rather keep it then to destroy it and not have one at all. 
  • Options
    Crew said:
    drfox said:
    Crew said:

UK?

Crew said:

I can appreciate the reasoning behind it, but it's hard not to agree here.  Can't remember any AP taking this long, especially without more direct communication/feedback (I don't do Twitter, so I shouldn't have to expect to get updates on my orders there.)
    Yes in UK. 
  • Options

If they were actually numbered, and they were replacing it, it would make sense to destroy it to maintain the integrity of the edition.

Because they know a damaged print still has value.  Some people might still frame it or try to sell it and pocket the refund.  Granted for most new posters the value of a damaged print isn’t much but that’s the reason they have you destroy it. 

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,586
    mfc2006 said:
    Mine is already in TX.  Just waiting for USPS to get it from UPS.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options

• Options
    Crew said:

Dan doesn't include a tracking number via email. Last few orders I've never received one. Pretty much gotta email him for it. 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    ComeToTX said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Mine is already in TX.  Just waiting for USPS to get it from UPS.
    No idea where mine is. It hasn’t been updated in weeks. It may just randomly show up.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,441
    demetrios said:

Wow! The pair look GREAT side by side! I'm not sure which color I prefer now but it's a moot point anyway. I'm very happy with my $35. SE.
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

This.
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.

• Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    Curious how many PJ posters you have @demetrios. Did you get all the 2020s?
  • Options
    RK50065 said:
    Curious how many PJ posters you have @demetrios. Did you get all the 2020s?

Not all of 2020. Doubt I will hunt down the 2 variant Ames Bros' Baltimore editions any time soon. 
  • Options
    ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    edited September 2020
    on2legs said:

Because they know a damaged print still has value.  Some people might still frame it or try to sell it and pocket the refund.  Granted for most new posters the value of a damaged print isn’t much but that’s the reason they have you destroy it. 
    It's damaged and a write off for them.  If it still has some value, you should be offered a partial refund like any artist would do.
    The ten club can't take zero responsibility for delivering a product, especially when they don't use the best tubes or insure them. 
    If they make you destroy it because they think you might get a damaged print for free, when they likely get to write it off as a tax loss is pretty petty.  If it was signed and numbered, you'd destroy it for a replacement.  That's the only reason to destroy a print.

Edit:  I have APs that came crushed that I guess I could put in a frame or do something with, but the artist replaced them.  I kept the damaged ones.  They're screen prints.  i thought it might be cool to cut out the Pearl Jam font one day and make a card out of it or something but haven't yet.  
    Post edited by ryanphishes on
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020