Options

Pearl Jam 2020 postponed posters

Comments

• Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,164
    I'm a little confused why Dan Mumford is so reluctant to ship to the US? I have been receiving tons of mail via the USPS and everything has been fine. I got some vinyl shipped from the UK last week, (Biffy Clyro limited edition Zoetrope), and it came super fast with no issues.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,555
    edited September 2020
    Jed said:
    I'm a little confused why Dan Mumford is so reluctant to ship to the US? I have been receiving tons of mail via the USPS and everything has been fine. I got some vinyl shipped from the UK last week, (Biffy Clyro limited edition Zoetrope), and it came super fast with no issues.

Without creating a political debate as to why there are delays, it’s a verifiable fact that the reliability of the post office has declined.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/08/20/business/postal-service-small-business/index.html
    Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Got tracking number and label printed today for OKC..so maybe get this month..its all good..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    edited September 2020
    Ottawa AP is out for delivery.  That was very fast shipping from Baltimore considering how things have been.  He dropped them off late Wednesday afternoon.

Edit:  Also, USPS did not scan it between being accepted in Baltimore and arriving at my local Post Office this morning, so I definitely wasn't expecting it today.  
    Post edited by ryanphishes on
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Jed said:
    I ordered a print from an artist on July 20th and it last updated July 29th, it showed up beat up and unannounced yesterday.  Tracking still hasnt updated.  I've had vinyl take two weeks to make it here from across town, and other things just go completely missing.  USPS is a bit of a mess right now. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:

USPS did a number on these APs from @bradklausen

Wow...and @bradklausen uses a very sturdy tube. Looks like it gone run over by something. I am sorry. How bad are the posters?
    Exactly, the tube was pretty good. Posters have significant creasing on the right side where the tube got dented. 

I am so sorry. Hopefully Brad can make it right somehow...
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • Options
     PSUS2H said:
    Jed said:
    I ordered a print from an artist on July 20th and it last updated July 29th, it showed up beat up and unannounced yesterday.  Tracking still hasnt updated.  I've had vinyl take two weeks to make it here from across town, and other things just go completely missing.  USPS is a bit of a mess right now. 
    People are definitely having different experiences based on where they live, and where the mail gets routed in their area.
    I'm not sure people realize this since people often complain about the mail anyway, and there has been a general slowdown since the pandemic.

Some areas have been impacted worse though, especially if you do want to get into the political stuff like the deactivated machines and cut hours, etc.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    edited September 2020
    One thing I learned from my local post office this summer is that they are not scanning packages into the system unless I wait on line and ask for a receipt.  They do allow you to bypass the line and just leave prepaid postage shipments on the counter.  But it seems like they are probably skipping the scanning of these packages to save time.  So the tracking only shows that I created a label And nothing else until somewhere down the line an employee scans it. Usually in another state. If I’m sending anything important I wait on the line now and ask for a receipt on the off chance it goes missing.  At least there is a record that I handed it off to them. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    One thing I learned from my local post office this summer is that they are not scanning packages into the system unless I wait on line and ask for a receipt.  They do allow you to bypass the line and just leave prepaid postage shipments on the counter.  But it seems like they are probably skipping the scanning of these packages to save time.  So the tracking only shows that I created a label And nothing else until somewhere down the line an employee scans it. Usually in another state. If I’m sending anything important I wait on the line now and ask for a receipt on the off chance it goes missing.  At least there is a record that I handed it off to them. 
    My Post Office has always let you drop off pre-paid stuff at the counter, but it gets sorted at the end of the day or overnight and sometimes gets scanned and sometimes doesn't, so I've always waited in line just to have that proof I dropped something off if it was expensive and I bought insurance.  
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    on2legs said:
    My Post Office has always let you drop off pre-paid stuff at the counter, but it gets sorted at the end of the day or overnight and sometimes gets scanned and sometimes doesn't, so I've always waited in line just to have that proof I dropped something off if it was expensive and I bought insurance.  
    Yeah.. they used to scan at the end of the day. It was so easy to just drop them and run.  Now they’re not scanning at all.  

• Options
    CrewCrew Posts: 299
    on2legs said:
    Jed said:

Without creating a political debate as to why there are delays, it’s a verifiable fact that the reliability of the post office has declined.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/08/20/business/postal-service-small-business/index.html
    Absolutely recognize that USPS has been unreliable as of late, but waiting it out won't really solve anything.  It just makes the posters guaranteed to be late, instead of just *potentially* delayed.  It's been over 3 weeks.  They're already pretty late, even if they shipped today. 

Had they been in transit for 3 weeks, we'd be upset with USPS' ineptitude.. rather than Dan's indecision.  We wouldn't even be talking about them, except for excitement that they were arriving.  Ship 'em, and put the onus all on USPS.  Work out the few that might have issues, and the rest will (eventually) likely arrive intact.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    Still waiting on some records from late July....

• Options
    Crew said:
    on2legs said:
    Jed said:

Absolutely recognize that USPS has been unreliable as of late, but waiting it out won't really solve anything.  It just makes the posters guaranteed to be late, instead of just *potentially* delayed.  It's been over 3 weeks.  They're already pretty late, even if they shipped today. 

Had they been in transit for 3 weeks, we'd be upset with USPS' ineptitude.. rather than Dan's indecision.  We wouldn't even be talking about them, except for excitement that they were arriving.  Ship 'em, and put the onus all on USPS.  Work out the few that might have issues, and the rest will (eventually) likely arrive intact.
    I’m not saying Mumford should wait.  He should definitely mail them out.  My post was was in response to the person who said they didn’t understand why Mumford isn’t mailing them out just because  he personally hasn’t had any post office issues. 

• Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,266
    Anyone know when Toronto APs are supposed to ship?
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,699
    Horse2345 said:
    Anyone know when Toronto APs are supposed to ship?
    Haven't heard anything yet from Justin. 
  • Options
    Just curious:

Anyone else still waiting on Ten Club to ship the Mumford?  My shipping label was printed on 8/20, then nothing.

I know they have a warehouse with thousands of posters and tubes.  Seeing that neither of my New York prints have left their warehouse yet while other people have gotten Baltimore and St. Louis doesn't really worry me.  It just makes you realize that every sorting center, whether it is USPS, or FedEx or UPS, is overwhelmed and experiencing delays.

I'm excited to get the Mumford though, and the PJ vote sticker.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,391
    My 10 club Mumford has not moved either, just printed.
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,005
    Just curious:

Anyone else still waiting on Ten Club to ship the Mumford?  My shipping label was printed on 8/20, then nothing.

I know they have a warehouse with thousands of posters and tubes.  Seeing that neither of my New York prints have left their warehouse yet while other people have gotten Baltimore and St. Louis doesn't really worry me.  It just makes you realize that every sorting center, whether it is USPS, or FedEx or UPS, is overwhelmed and experiencing delays.

My 10C MSG finally started moving last night. Got my shipping email on 8/27. Baltimore and mask bundle still pending. 
  • Options
    Cool.  That's what I hoped.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,391
    on2legs said:
    Yeah, my local branch has started doing this, too. Guy explained how I could just leave it there next time and I thought "there is no chance I'm walking out of here without a receipt." I do the same at UPS and FedEx.
  • Options
    Received an email from TC today saying my Balt. shipped.
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,012
    Just curious:

10c Mumford is one of the ones that has moved, NYC Williams and Ottawa haven’t
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,495

Landed today. No number

• Options
    SHZA said:

Landed today. No number

Very cool! Post a pic with the glow-in-the-dark activated when you can...Thanks!
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,699
    SHZA said:

Landed today. No number

• Options
    This one is way better in person 
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,535
    SHZA said:

Landed today. No number

I guess you could always write your own number. 1/1 would be a good one...
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,495
    SHZA said:

Landed today. No number

Very cool! Post a pic with the glow-in-the-dark activated when you can...Thanks!

I tried! Pretty much impossible to photograph but it's a pretty cool GLO if the room is pitch dark

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    Baltimore SE arrived today. Thanks Santos.  
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,191
    SHZA said:

Landed today. No number

Did you get all three versions of this poster?