Options

Pearl Jam 2020 postponed posters

Comments

• Options
    CrewCrew Posts: 299
    demetrios said:
    Crew said:
    Anyone know what's up with the Mumford AP's?  

The email almost 2 weeks ago said they'd wait to see what the USPS situation was, but I would think the most expeditious option would be to just let 'em loose and they'll arrive when they arrive.  

Only thing waiting more will guarantee, is that they're going to be arriving even later, no matter when they get here.

Thanks!  I don't use Twitter, so I never would've seen that.   
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,732
    demetrios said:
    Crew said:

The email almost 2 weeks ago said they'd wait to see what the USPS situation was, but I would think the most expeditious option would be to just let 'em loose and they'll arrive when they arrive.  

Only thing waiting more will guarantee, is that they're going to be arriving even later, no matter when they get here.

Royal Mail to Ireland doesn't need USPS + its half the cost that we were charged
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,699
    Kearn5y said:
    demetrios said:
    Crew said:

Royal Mail to Ireland doesn't need USPS + its half the cost that we were charged

Royal Mail to Canada doesn't need USPS either.  
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,732
    demetrios said:
    Kearn5y said:
    demetrios said:
    Crew said:

Royal Mail to Canada doesn't need USPS either.  
    Can someone reply to him and point this out.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,555
    edited September 2020
    It seems like Mumford has answered his own question.  There is isn’t a cheaper option to the US and the Post Office crisis isn’t likely to end anytime soon.  So he needs to either just ship USPS or use the more expensive option. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,391
    I have had probably over 500 posters ship to me. I've probably shipped 100 myself. I've had 2 issues ever, both covered by insurance.
  • Options
    SHZA said:

USPS did a number on these APs from @bradklausen

Wow...and @bradklausen uses a very sturdy tube. Looks like it gone run over by something. I am sorry. How bad are the posters?
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Crew said:

Here's a suggestion - mail the prints people bought weeks ago that are just sitting there. Most of them would have been delivered by now. Don't run your business based on fear something might happen, and if you do, delay your sale altogether. Taking people's money and then dragging your feet on shipping them because you're worried over headlines that USPS is collapsing because of Trump and the election isn't the best way to do business. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,495
    SHZA said:

USPS did a number on these APs from @bradklausen

Wow...and @bradklausen uses a very sturdy tube. Looks like it gone run over by something. I am sorry. How bad are the posters?
    Exactly, the tube was pretty good. Posters have significant creasing on the right side where the tube got dented. 
  • Options
     MickeyMouse said:
    demetrios said:
    Crew said:

Here's a suggestion - mail the prints people bought weeks ago that are just sitting there. Most of them would have been delivered by now. Don't run your business based on fear something might happen, and if you do, delay your sale altogether. Taking people's money and then dragging your feet on shipping them because you're worried over headlines that USPS is collapsing because of Trump and the election isn't the best way to do business. 
    He ships lots of prints to the US, not just these Pearl Jam posters, and he has been tracking them the past few months and has seen the delays himself.  He's not overreacting to headlines or news.  He's not trying to keep anyone's money.  He's trying to make sure orders arrive safely, not just timely.  I wish my order shipped too, and I emailed him, told him that USPS had improved in my area but that I'd chip in extra if he needed to use a different service. 

He was really nice in his reply.   You guys could try emailing him nicely about shipping to Ireland or Canada or wherever.  I have a feeling he'd be pretty cool about it considering he's asking for suggestions on twitter.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,555
    edited September 2020
     MickeyMouse said:
    demetrios said:
    Crew said:

He ships lots of prints to the US, not just these Pearl Jam posters, and he has been tracking them the past few months and has seen the delays himself.  He's not overreacting to headlines or news.  He's not trying to keep anyone's money.  He's trying to make sure orders arrive safely, not just timely.  I wish my order shipped too, and I emailed him, told him that USPS had improved in my area but that I'd chip in extra if he needed to use a different service. 

He was really nice in his reply.   You guys could try emailing him nicely about shipping to Ireland or Canada or wherever.  I have a feeling he'd be pretty cool about it considering he's asking for suggestions on twitter.
    But if he was tracking this issue for months then why make USPS a shipping option?  Then he should of just used UPS and called it day. 
    Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    I have received every other AP without issue. 6 of 7 actually the RACE is coming today. All came USPS. I'm in New Jersey if that matters.
  • Options
    @MickeyMouse totally fair point, and I'm not sure.  I think the fact that he's asking for advice on twitter means he doesn't know the best option.  
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    demetrios said:
    She arrived! :)

Wow, awesome! 
    Dallas TX 10/17/00
    Oklahoma City 4/3/03
    Dallas TX 6/9/03
    Memphis TN 6/20/09 (Eddie)
    Kansas City MO 4/3/10
    Little Rock AR 8/28/10 (Eddie, WM3 rally)
    St Louis MO 7/1/11 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/18/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/19/12 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/13
    Oklahoma City 11/16/13
    Tulsa OK 10/8/14
    St Louis MO 9/18/22
    Oklahoma City 9/20/22
    Ft Worth TX 9/13/23
    Ft Worth TX 9/15/23

• Options
    @MickeyMouse totally fair point, and I'm not sure.  I think the fact that he's asking for advice on twitter means he doesn't know the best option.  
    And that's the problem - there is no best option. I like Dan, he's a nice guy, I've met him before. But he needs to realize that he isn't gonna find some secret shipping service for the same price as USPS. There are limited options and it doesn't take a 2 week investigation to figure out. You can:

1. Ship them all via USPS and just deal with the delays like thousands of other small businesses. Some will arrive on time, some won't.
    2. Ship them through a private carrier like UPS, FedEx or DHL for twice the cost. Either eat the additional fees, or voluntarily pass them on to the customer if they want their print shipped that way.

Either way, you gotta do something because it looks really bad just sitting on them and hoping to find a solution that isn't there. All you're doing is frustrating customers. I personally don't care what he chooses, I just want him to make a choice. Personally, I'd rather people be frustrated by USPS delays than delays I'm imposing myself by waiting.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    EF11EF11 Posts: 99
    One of my regular 10C edition of the Baltimore posters just arrived today. Seemed to have shipped after my New York ones, and the second Baltimore one I ordered is still out there somewhere, but whatever. I'll take it!
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,495
    And that's the problem - there is no best option. I like Dan, he's a nice guy, I've met him before. But he needs to realize that he isn't gonna find some secret shipping service for the same price as USPS. There are limited options and it doesn't take a 2 week investigation to figure out. You can:

1. Ship them all via USPS and just deal with the delays like thousands of other small businesses. Some will arrive on time, some won't.
    2. Ship them through a private carrier like UPS, FedEx or DHL for twice the cost. Either eat the additional fees, or voluntarily pass them on to the customer if they want their print shipped that way.

Either way, you gotta do something because it looks really bad just sitting on them and hoping to find a solution that isn't there. All you're doing is frustrating customers. I personally don't care what he chooses, I just want him to make a choice. Personally, I'd rather people be frustrated by USPS delays than delays I'm imposing myself by waiting.
    Nailed it. I told him to go with option #2. He didn't like that because people don't want to pay extra. Personally I'd gladly pay an extra $10-$15 to not have to deal with the inevitable delays and potential damage that USPS entails. 
  • Options
    SHZA said:

Nailed it. I told him to go with option #2. He didn't like that because people don't want to pay extra. Personally I'd gladly pay an extra $10-$15 to not have to deal with the inevitable delays and potential damage that USPS entails. 
    I told him I'm fine with either.  I also told him I'm fine paying an extra $10-15.  A lot of people suggested DHL today on twitter.  I'm not sure how it works coming from the UK, but when someone uses DHL in the US, it usually gets handed off to USPS for final delivery which always takes extra time plus an extra hand off and more handling.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    SHZA said:

I told him I'm fine with either.  I also told him I'm fine paying an extra $10-15.  A lot of people suggested DHL today on twitter.  I'm not sure how it works coming from the UK, but when someone uses DHL in the US, it usually gets handed off to USPS for final delivery which always takes extra time plus an extra hand off and more handling.
    Yes. USPS will almost always do the final mile anyway.
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,160
    demetrios said:
    Crew said:

I emailed Mumford last Monday when he sent his initial email asking him if he could email out the UK and non-US orders (I’m in England). He said he definitely would do, but have not received a shipping notification yet. Maybe he’s planning to now send everything in one go.
  • Options
    BigrfishBigrfish Edmonton, AB Canada Posts: 260
    Anyone else shitfaced....Lol
  • Options
    BigrfishBigrfish Edmonton, AB Canada Posts: 260
    Apparently not... Shipping notifications for To, Apollo and Okc here. Tracking is messed up from what I see.
  • Options
    Groda03Groda03 Posts: 140
    Bigrfish said:
    Yes.  
  • Options
    Groda03 said:
    Bigrfish said:
    Yes.  
    Hahaha. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,066
    Bigrfish said:
    getting there. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Bigrfish said:
    getting there. 
    I love all of you.  I love these posters.  I love this band.  I am definitely aware of how stupid all of this is but I really don't care.  God bless.  
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,391

Yes. USPS is usually 20% wonky and they just have been 30% wonky for a while. I'm still getting all my mail and packages. Turn off cable news and just ship the things.
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,938
    My @bradklausen PHX AP finally got out of USPS purgatory yesterday and arrived.  Nice sturdy tube and no issues, poster was in mint condition.  Looks even better in person.
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | 2024-05-16 Las Vegas | 2024-05-18 Las Vegas |
  • Options
    My Denver AP came yesterday and had a nice FRAGILE sticker on it which actually made a big difference to my mailman, who the prior day dropped the artillery package and i watched it bounce. My regular mailman is great, hes off this week of course.
  • Options
    KS80184KS80184 Posts: 388