Comments

• Options
    3 more cool things:
    1. The grass is growing 
    2. I think I've actually managed to find some inner peace 
    3. After 21 years together (today) we're gonna get married...soon
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,674
    I like the poster @brianlux but this thread is called 3 cool things, not one thing, so you kinda need to add 2 more cool things to you post please? I'm sure you can think of something... I might post again too.
    I'm thinking of cancelling my haircut @glowgirl as it's much longer now and they usually always cut too much off. One of my hairdressers is really cashing in and not even offering wet cuts (so it costs double).

Will do, Dreamgirl!  See edit above!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Here's something very cool that will be going on in a little less than three hours.  Steve Wynn's Friday afternoon Medicine Show (which frequently features his wife, Linda Pitmon, on percussion and backing vocals)  is always a highlight of my week!

Edit:  ^^^That's one cool thing. 

Here's the other two:
    2.  Dreamgirl's "Name 3 cool things" thread is way cool!
    3.  Dreamgirl is waa-ay cool!
     Lol :D@brianlux
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    GlowGirl said:
    I somehow managed to graduate (in June) from Massage Therapy & Functional Bodywork school (3rd career change/20 years) despite the Covid.

I dodged a bullet from buying a POS massage table today.

I got my hair cut and highlighted today for the first time since November and I'm feeling special!! :smiley:  :s
    Congrats on your graduation. That is exciting :clap: . I am getting my hair cut at the end of the month. Can't wait. Hopefully, things will still be good here, and the salons will still be open.

I hope so @GlowGirl (I forgot how nice a fresh cut and style feels) and I love the name change by the way ;) Thank you!! I thought for sure my small, private school was going bankrupt at one point in April due to this madness but they survived and so did I. I am taking my licensing exam on Monday so I am cramming as much info as I can into my brain as possible amd totally buggin' right now!!! 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,822
    It looks like some people around here are starting to feel stressed out and depressed. I get that. I thought it would be nice to bump this thread up again so we can focus on some positive things. Three cool things that have happened to me today are (1) I got the Baltimore Poster; (2), I went for a really nice walk around my neighborhood; and, (3) On my walk I noticed that there were a lot of people enjoying eating at the outdoor restaurant setups. It felt almost like the lively neighborhood I am used to.
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    I’m actually having a good day. Lots to be grateful for. 1) Met up with a good friend. 2) My kids actually did their schoolwork. 3) Most of all, I’m grateful for not getting a ticket after getting pulled over, especially since my license plate says “watch out for the idiot behind me”. :relieved:
  • Options
    West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited September 2020
    1. Beer
    2. Netflix
    3. Tomorrow is Friday and it's been a long 3 day week. I've probably aged about 10 years in the past 7 months 
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    1. My wife and I submitted an offer to build a house in a great area and the offer was accepted.
    2. We put our current house on the market at 5 pm Friday and within about 36 hours are under contract to sell.
    3. Had a nice, relaxing day at the beach with some close friends. Ate too much and drank too much, but it was a badly needed break.
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    It looks like some people around here are starting to feel stressed out and depressed. I get that. I thought it would be nice to bump this thread up again so we can focus on some positive things. Three cool things that have happened to me today are (1) I got the Baltimore Poster; (2), I went for a really nice walk around my neighborhood; and, (3) On my walk I noticed that there were a lot of people enjoying eating at the outdoor restaurant setups. It felt almost like the lively neighborhood I am used to.

Good idea,  Glowgirl.  Yeah, with the extreme heat, the fires and bad air, the virus, a visit to the dentist coming up this week, and the distinct possibility of being without power Tuesday and Wednesday, focusing on the positive is a great idea right about now.  So my three good things happening are:

1.  I humbly apologized to a group member in FB today about something I said that angered her.  I think what I said was not at all wrong, but sometimes being right isn't the point.  Sometimes making peace is far more righteous.  So I humbly apologized, she graciously accepted, and a little bit of peace was restored to the world.  I couldn't be happier!

2.  I talked to my big sister on the phone today.  I love my sister- she is awesome.

3.  Who knows about tomorrow- but today we have power and I have a couple of cold Pacifico beers in the fridge and a couple oldie but goodie videos to watch this evening- Columbo and Rawhide. 

Right now, this moment, life is good.  :smile: 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    1. My wife and I submitted an offer to build a house in a great area and the offer was accepted.
    2. We put our current house on the market at 5 pm Friday and within about 36 hours are under contract to sell.
    3. Had a nice, relaxing day at the beach with some close friends. Ate too much and drank too much, but it was a badly needed break.

Congratulations! 

• Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    brianlux said:

Congratulations! 
    Thank you! We're excited about it. A little overwhelmed, but excited.