Each band members top 3 contributions

I was thinking about the level of greatness that each band member has had in their songwriting efforts for Pearl Jam. It’s almost Beatlesesque. 
What do you think are each members top 3 contributions to the band?

Ed - Release, Rearviewmirror, Off He Goes
honorable mention Severed Hand
Stone - Daughter, Black, Do the Evolution
honorable mention Alive
Mike - Given to Fly, Present Tense, Faithfull
honorable mention Brain of J
Jeff - Jeremy, Rats, Low Light
honorable mention Smile
Matt - In the Moonlight, Take the Long Way, You Are
honorable mention The Fixer

looking to hear of the earth

Comments

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,162
    You make some good suggestions there. Without thinking too much about, Jeff’s two main contributions musically to Gigaton, Quick Escape and Alright are stellar! 

You could add In Hiding for Stone. What a track that is. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Jeff- Why Go, Nothing as it Seems, Quick Escape
    Stone- Alive, Daughter, In Hiding
    Mike- Present Tense, Brain of J, Faithfull
    Ed- Porch, Long Road, Immortality
    Matt- Unemployable, Evacuation, You Are

man that was tough! Especially Jeff.  Really makes you realize how many great songs they have that are so collaborative.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,905
    I know they attribute certain songs to each other but might that be for royalty purposes and really the songs are all collaborations?
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • I think the band has been pretty good about letting us now who the main songwriter(s) have been on songs. 
  • Jeff- Why Go, Nothing as it Seems, Quick Escape
    Stone- Alive, Daughter, In Hiding
    Mike- Present Tense, Brain of J, Faithfull
    Ed- Porch, Long Road, Immortality
    Matt- Unemployable, Evacuation, You Are

man that was tough! Especially Jeff.  Really makes you realize how many great songs they have that are so collaborative.
    Yeah Stone and Mike were the hardest for me
  • I think the band has been pretty good about letting us now who the main songwriter(s) have been on songs. 
    Yeah some of them are tricky though... like Black for example, is it really a top 3 for Stone without Ed’s part?
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
    Yeah some of them are tricky though... like Black for example, is it really a top 3 for Stone without Ed’s part?
    Yeah I think that intro riff and the timing of it is all sublime
  • pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Posts: 576
    Mike-  inside job 
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I don't have time to delve into this now, but have to call out Jeff, NAIS.  NAIS is phenomenal.  If anyone disagrees, I suggest you turn it on, close your eyes and just recognize the brilliance of it.