hyde park 2021?if they dont play there where would we all like to see them play?

dannydanny Posts: 2,277
for me i would prefer indoor venue
wembley arena 2 night stay like they did the london 02 i think wembley arena is a lot better and smaller
danny d

Comments

• matt84matt84 Posts: 713
    Leeds Arena and/or the SSE Hydro.
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,277
    leeds was superb and the setlist wow
    danny d
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    If London, Wembley stadium for an outdoor venue. No to Wembley arena as the sound is poor there. O2 again if nothing else. Outside london, leeds if they sort their shambolic ticket collection systems. Manchester, never had any complaints there. Glasgow hydro for somewhere different 
    Kearnsy
  • AponeApone Posts: 587
    I agree Wembley arena is a far better venue than the O2.  Better sound altoghether.  Saw Alice in Chains there last May and was awesome.
    If they come north, Leeds FDA would be great and would prefer this over Manchester.  2014 Leeds was brilliant.
    There is also a good argument to be made for Glasgow and an Irish show (3erana?).
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2; 2024: Manchester, London
  • Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 312
    edited May 2020
    O2 sucks balls. Truly awful. Pain in the arse to get to, even worse trying to leave after the gig (the scrum on the tube is insane) and a horrible soulless venue with poor acoustics. 

The only like for like if they dont do BST is probably another stint at Milton Keynes, which has its own issues but at least it's not the O2 - and not London for that matter. 

Apone said:
    I agree Wembley arena is a far better venue than the O2.  Better sound altoghether.  Saw Alice in Chains there last May and was awesome.
    If they come north, Leeds FDA would be great and would prefer this over Manchester.  2014 Leeds was brilliant.
    There is also a good argument to be made for Glasgow and an Irish show (3erana?).
    Always thought the sound was poor in Wembley arena. Dublins 3 arena is a much bettet layout than leeds. More room on the floor as standing extends well under the tiered seating, seats are not as steep but probably as high. 
    Kearnsy
  • petted101petted101 Posts: 190
    What is the capacity at Milton Keynes? My friend says it was truly awful trying to leave the carpark afterwards.

Leeds was a great show and a good venue. In London I would prefer O2 as, I think, the sound is better then Wembley Arena. 
    petted101 said:
    What is the capacity at Milton Keynes? My friend says it was truly awful trying to leave the carpark afterwards.

Leeds was a great show and a good venue. In London I would prefer O2 as, I think, the sound is better then Wembley Arena. 
    Yeah leaving MK was hellish. It's best to arrange camping or else it's a 3 hour kip in your car before you can leave the car park. 
    edited May 2020
    Kearn5y said:
    Apone said:
    Always thought the sound was poor in Wembley arena. Dublins 3 arena is a much bettet layout than leeds. More room on the floor as standing extends well under the tiered seating, seats are not as steep but probably as high. 
    The Wembley sound quality varies dramatically according to where you're sat/stood. I've had good and bad there. But then the same goes for O2. If you're stood near the front it's great, but towards the back it stinks. If i could get like for like tickets at the 2 I'd probably favour Wembley just because it's easier going to and from for those outside London.
  • Somewhere indoors outside London. Most places outside London are easier to get into/out of.
    Manchester 17.8.09, Manchester 21.6.12, Copenhagen 10.7.12, Manchester 28.7.12 (EV), Phoenix 19.11.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Vienna 25.6.14, Leeds 8.7.14, London 6.6.17 (EV), London 18.6.18, Krakow 3.7.18, London 17.7.18, Dublin 3.7.19 (EV)
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 1,004
    It would be great if an Irish show can be squeezed in somehow 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,099
    Anyone seen a show at Finsbury Park? Could that been alternative. 

For other UK cities, Leeds and Glasgow arenas would be amazing. Probably in dreamland here though.
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder
    20 years since they last played Cardiff.....
    Remember that show very well. Small venue with large floor and very little seating. 
    Kearnsy
  • petted101petted101 Posts: 190
    tino_11 said:
    Anyone seen a show at Finsbury Park? Could that been alternative. 

For other UK cities, Leeds and Glasgow arenas would be amazing. Probably in dreamland here though.
    I saw Queens at Finsbury Park and really enjoyed it. Only problem was the 45 minute beer queues.
    Kearn5y said:
    Remember that show very well. Small venue with large floor and very little seating. 
    Yeah was the CIA. Now called the Motorpoint with pretty much zero seating. Was better with the old set up as the tiered seating areas used to create great acoustics. That gig was one of the highlights of the Binaural Euro tour. Relatively small venue for the size of the band at that time.
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    Glastonbury 
    Glastonbury 

I know this subject seems to divide opinion but I can't see this ever happening.  I believe Pearl Jam are too loyal to their fanbase (in particular the 10 club) to ever commit to a festival where tickets are allocated and sold before headliners announced.
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2; 2024: Manchester, London
    Kearn5y said:
    Apone said:
    The EV show last year at the 3 arena was special I thought.  Great venue.

I'm torn about Glastonbury.  I'd hate to miss out, as I wouldn't be there. But I'd quite enjoy the extra exposure they would get. 
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,049
    leeds
    pdalowsky said:
    leeds
    When you get a show as special as Leeds 2014, a one word answer is all that is needed :)