2»

Comments

• Options
    SK20613SK20613 Apex, NC Posts: 103
    Hard to turn out the benny ;)
  • Options
    bobear05bobear05 St. Louis Posts: 742
    Crew said:
    Love the work, and love the diversity of the collection.  

Hope that Benny is spun often!   =)
    Pretty often!
    all and all it's no ones fault
  • Options
    Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,125
    Wow, this is great!! Good job! Question - How are you storing your Beatles box set on its side? Did you remove the fold open top?
  • Options
    Wow, this is great!! Good job! Question - How are you storing your Beatles box set on its side? Did you remove the fold open top?
    it's just the sleeve that slides over the box itself
  • Options
    bobear05 said:
    Hmm. I wonder if you have a different box than I do? Mine has a flip open lid. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    I made my own flip bins that sit on the traditional cubes.  Used thin compressed sanded wood that allowed me to stain to match the base and the actual stereo cabinet.  I much prefer the flipping action. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,434
    mrussel1 said:
    I made my own flip bins that sit on the traditional cubes.  Used thin compressed sanded wood that allowed me to stain to match the base and the actual stereo cabinet.  I much prefer the flipping action. 

Those looks great... you did an awesome job on them!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,795
    Looks so accessible. It just screams pick me!! I have to figure a better way to arrange my records.
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,924
    mrussel1 said:
    Awesome!  I want to do something like this one day, especially for when guests come over and want to pick out something to listen to. 
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    mrussel1 said:
    Awesome!  I want to do something like this one day, especially for when guests come over and want to pick out something to listen to. 
    There's something very satisfying about flipping through the records.  Im almost out of space and I don't want another set of cubes so I think I'm going to build this free standing one.  Although I wouldn't use basic plywood.  You would have to use wood veneers to make it look good and that's a few

https://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/record-bin-from-single-4-x-8-sheet-of-plywood-plans.337891/

• Options
    bobear05 said:
    My box is black and just says the Beatles on the front. It has a flip open lid also. The sleeve that slides down over the box shows the titles of the albums
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Yeah! That looks awesome!!
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    bobear05 said:
    bobear05 said:
    My box is black and just says the Beatles on the front. It has a flip open lid also. The sleeve that slides down over the box shows the titles of the albums
    Ooooh, I see. Mine doesn’t have the outer sleeve. It just says The Beatles on each side. 
    Post edited by Jimmydean55 on