McCready says on radio see you in 2021

Just read on Twitter that McCready said in an interview with a radio station that fans will no doubt get to see PJ in 2021.
Thats great, optimistic news, but what does that mean for Ohana and SHN festivals? Both festivals have said they plan on going on as of now. Do they cancel soon? Or go on without PJ as headliner? (I know not likely as Ohana is EVs thing. But maybe SHN goes on without them?)

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 10,524
    Ultimately, they probably won't happen.  It doesn't sound like California is in a rush to allow mass gatherings.  On the flip side it's a number of months away.  If it were me I'd wait it out until closer to the event to see if circumstances change.   No real need to cancel now if you can cancel it 4 months from now.
  • KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,068
    Alot can change between now and September. I wouldn’t bank on it but wouldn’t rule out those festivals just yet
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,317
    I doubt these festivals will happen this year. They will get cancelled like all the festivals happening in 2020.

Huge gatherings, like festivals, won't happen till sometime in 2021, maybe longer. The fact they haven't found a cure yet for COVID-19 & if they did find a cure, it will take many months to release the vaccine across the globe.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    Unfortunately, i'm looking at this as the end of my concert and sports going future. its very sad, but i'm just not wearing body suits, masks or any other BS into a concert.
    I'm also not sitting next to some Evenbro puking all over which as we know is the norm. The SCIENCE not political news, is very bad.

Hey, least all you guys will get better seats, 123xxx is out.

I had a good 108 show run PJ & EV 1994-2018.
  • mcdevittpbmcdevittpb Posts: 220
    RS65573 said:
    Unfortunately, i'm looking at this as the end of my concert and sports going future. its very sad, but i'm just not wearing body suits, masks or any other BS into a concert.
    I'm also not sitting next to some Evenbro puking all over which as we know is the norm. The SCIENCE not political news, is very bad.

I’m with you. Plus I can buy the boots for an entire tour for the same cost as it is to go to a single show. 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,716
    Man, I can't imagine quitting. I can go a couple of years w/o shows. 
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,030
    RS65573 said:

I’m with you. Plus I can buy the boots for an entire tour for the same cost as it is to go to a single show. 
    Let’s say optimistically a vaccine is released next year, you’re never going to a show ever again?
    If there is a vaccine, of course id go again. I just know the science and the odds.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    Man, I can't imagine quitting. I can go a couple of years w/o shows. 
    Same. I may also only stick to outdoor shows with a lawn section so we have plenty of space. Not sure what I'll do with my OKC PJ pit tickets, though.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,907
    I hope, but do not expect, to see shows in Fall 2020.  If things are rolling in Spring 21 that would seem like a good outcome right now.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,613
    RS65573 said:

Plain and simple, there will not be any concerts until it is safe to do so.  We can't even get to the point of a 50 person max. in one area right now.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    edited April 2020
    I will be going to the first show I can when they have new shows and I will have no issues going in the pit. Am I in the minority? When they do put on new shows there will be a reason why they will be able to. To say you are never going to a concert again that tells me you think that Pearl Jam and other groups are ok with putting you at risk. That is a pretty bold statement to make. 
    I'm not ok with PPE at a show or sporting event, is what im saying. So short of a vaccine, yes im out. Of course I didnt say PJ would put me at risk, YOU did.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    RS65573 said:
    I'm not ok with PPE at a show or sporting event, is what im saying. So short of a vaccine, yes im out. Of course I didnt say PJ would put me at risk, YOU did.
    You said you were done with shows forever then went back and said well not really I need a vaccine. You are either saying we are never getting a vaccine that works because you know "science" and Pearl Jam will never play again or you are saying Pearl Jam is going to play without a vaccine and put people at risk so you are opting out of going to shows. 
    I don't think anything i said was unclear, everything you said is unclear. Have a great day.
  • afgpjafgpj Posts: 142
    RS65573 said:

Sorry to hear that.
    Did you happen to have tix to the MSG show?    I'll take them  :|
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779
    Oxford might have a vaccine by September, just read per CBS

Fingers crossed

• RS65573 said:
    I don't think anything i said was unclear, everything you said is unclear. Have a great day.
    You said you were never going to shows again and then you said your not ok with PPE at shows. Do you think all shows for the rest of your life are gonna require PPE because of COVID-19? 
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 897
    edited April 2020
    When did Pearl Jam fans become a bunch of drama queens?  We are going to get through this and concerts and sporting events will return to normal in time.  If gyms are opening up in many states in mid May, large gatherings will be in the near distant future as well.  
    Post edited by vedpunk on
  • ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    If they found a vaccine/cure today, it would take a long time to produce the hundreds of millions of doses for the US alone.
    I miss concerts as much as anyone, but I asked for a refund for some Phish tickets last week.  They haven't even cancelled or postponed their tour yet.

2021 is actually optimistic since concerts will be the last thing to come back, and there's sadly a chance they won't find a vaccine at all.
    I read they've never found a vaccine for any previous coronavirus.

Plus, there are the antivaxers who will never get a vaccine if found and put people like me and Mike (both of us with Crohns) at risk forever.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,907
    CROJAM95 said:

Fingers crossed

That vaccine entered human trials last week.  If it works, then they have said September availability- but - only 1M doses at that time.  That’s a few billion short of a global solution, though we would see mass production of vaccines ramp up like never before the minute it proves to work - if it works.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,760
    If they found a vaccine/cure today, it would take a long time to produce the hundreds of millions of doses for the US alone.
    I miss concerts as much as anyone, but I asked for a refund for some Phish tickets last week.  They haven't even cancelled or postponed their tour yet.

2021 is actually optimistic since concerts will be the last thing to come back, and there's sadly a chance they won't find a vaccine at all.

Plus, there are the antivaxers who will never get a vaccine if found and put people like me and Mike (both of us with Crohns) at risk forever.
    Why would you and mike be at risk if you had the vaccine?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    This band, as much as any other, won't play shows until they are assured it's safe and responsible to do so.  I'll be fine attending once they are touring again.  
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779
    kst said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Fingers crossed

That vaccine entered human trials last week.  If it works, then they have said September availability- but - only 1M doses at that time.  That’s a few billion short of a global solution, though we would see mass production of vaccines ramp up like never before the minute it proves to work - if it works.  
    Oh I get it.....Its gonna be some task

but you gotta break through 1st, the article was promising
  • ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    ComeToTX said:

Good point.  We just don't know.  We don't know if you can get it twice.  If you can get it twice, it makes an effective vaccine less likely.  Plus, we all just toss the word vaccine around like it means you get one shot and you can never get it.  If so, the flu shot clearly is not a vaccine.  I got some sort of shot to prevent hepatitis years ago, and it was in two doses, several months apart.

I watched a lot of news before all of this.  I've always been very into politics.  I don't know why.  I can't watch the news anymore.  It's too depressing, but I do get the newspaper and read a few articles and a few things on my phone, just no cable news.

Enjoy Gigaton!
    Check out Phish's Sigma Oasis that they dropped as a surprise and they're weekly webcasts on Tuesdays, Dinner and a Movie.

Stay safe and well!

Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    vedpunk said:
    When did Pearl Jam fans become a bunch of drama queens?  We are going to get through this and concerts and sporting events will return to normal in time.  If gyms are opening up in many states in mid May, large gatherings will be in the near distant future as well.  

Mmm in regards to shows happening in 2020? Nah man that is just plain science. There is a huge difference between gyms opening ( at some point at like 50% capacity so like 30 people in there ) vs 20,000 people in a stadium.

I would love to be wrong but I don't see anything happening in regards to PJ shows until 2021 and even then I think there will be a good amount of people who will have PTSD from this. Especially the hard hit areas. I cannot imagine the people of NYC are ready to all cram into MSG together anytime soon ( again not talking about you the poster ) just the general American public.

• ComeToTX said:

Good point.  We just don't know.  We don't know if you can get it twice.  If you can get it twice, it makes an effective vaccine less likely.  Plus, we all just toss the word vaccine around like it means you get one shot and you can never get it.  If so, the flu shot clearly is not a vaccine.  I got some sort of shot to prevent hepatitis years ago, and it was in two doses, several months apart.

I watched a lot of news before all of this.  I've always been very into politics.  I don't know why.  I can't watch the news anymore.  It's too depressing, but I do get the newspaper and read a few articles and a few things on my phone, just no cable news.

Enjoy Gigaton!
    Check out Phish's Sigma Oasis that they dropped as a surprise and they're weekly webcasts on Tuesdays, Dinner and a Movie.

Stay safe and well!

Loved Sigma Oasis and the dinner and a movie Tuesday nights!

Waiting for PJ to drop a weekly live stream...
    9-21-96 Toronto
    8-22-98 Barrie
    10-5-00 Toronto
    6-28-03 Toronto
    9-12-05 London, 9-13-05 Hamilton, 9-19-05 Toronto
    5-9-06 Toronto, 5-10-06 Toronto
    6-24-08 MSG, 6-25-08 MSG, 8-12-08 EV, 8-13-08 EV
    8-21-09 Toronto
    5-09-10 Cleveland, 5-10-10 Buffalo
    9-3-11 Pj20, 9-4-11 Pj20, 9-11-11 Toronto, 9-12-11 Toronto, 9-15-11 Hamilton
    7-16-13 London
    10-16-14 Detroit
    5-1-16 MSG, 5-2-16 MSG, 5-10-16 Toronto, 5-11-16 Toronto, 8-5-16 Fenway, 8-7-16 Fenway 
    9-4-18 Fenway 
    9-3-22 Ottawa, 9-6-22 Hamilton, 9-8-22 Toronto 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,524
    RS65573 said:

Umm.. what if a year or two from now the virus has been completely erradicated and there's no threat?   While I'm not super eager to go if the virus is circulating without a vaccine/cure, if there is no virus, I see no reason to not go to shows.

I see this more of a 1 to 2 year speedbump, rather than it's going to be an issue for all time?
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,317
    This band, as much as any other, won't play shows until they are assured it's safe and responsible to do so.  I'll be fine attending once they are touring again.  

Me too. I guessing by late 2021 everything will be back to normal. Still have Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec City & Hamilton Pearl Jam tickets on reserved. It's gonna be a long wait but will be worth it to see them play live again.