Options

I don't give a shit what you're thankful for.

hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
Just say what it is (if anything).

Earlier I did more than my body could handle and paid for it with some good old-fashioned howling pain.  Had one of those ugly, dramatic cries while wallowing in self-pity, then - yet again - realized this is just how it is now.  How I am now.  So continue kicking my own ass and adjust as needed.  No way am I going to let a fucking illness or anything else take away from those precious pockets of time that life always has to offer.

Man, even in tears, perspective never fails to give me a much-needed slap in the face.

We're alive, have what we need, haven't gotten on each others' nerves too much (it's all been bonding, in a way), loving on Georgie, finding appreciation and release in so much.  Just chugging along and trying not to lose sight of the beauty this world still has to offer.

So with the hardships and sacrifices, I find myself looking around and thinking, "We're doing okay.  I'm doing okay."

Then again, I may just be quite high and pointlessly pontificating ;)

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623
    What a wonderful (and Chadwickian) post, Hedo.

Rock the fuck on and keep those moments coming.

I'm thankful for you.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,768
    ummm the thread title seems a tad incomplete. maybe a few more periods are needed? it reads rather cold.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    hedonist said:

Earlier I did more than my body could handle and paid for it with some good old-fashioned howling pain.  Had one of those ugly, dramatic cries while wallowing in self-pity, then - yet again - realized this is just how it is now.  How I am now.  So continue kicking my own ass and adjust as needed.  No way am I going to let a fucking illness or anything else take away from those precious pockets of time that life always has to offer.

Man, even in tears, perspective never fails to give me a much-needed slap in the face.

We're alive, have what we need, haven't gotten on each others' nerves too much (it's all been bonding, in a way), loving on Georgie, finding appreciation and release in so much.  Just chugging along and trying not to lose sight of the beauty this world still has to offer.

So with the hardships and sacrifices, I find myself looking around and thinking, "We're doing okay.  I'm doing okay."

I am thankful for my tasty splat flat chocolate chip banana bread, dammit! 

I get where you are going though. Sometimes you have to self contain in a pocket, block the outside and just take in what is going on in your own world. I would guess that it isn't that you truly don't give a shit, it's just that you need to give that shit for yourself at that point. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Hooray for the no-more-buttless bread, Amy! One of these days, a piece for me in person :)

mickey, I figure the message is in...the message ;) The title simply reflected my state of mind at the time. 

F Me, love you, brother!
  • Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    I’m not sure what I’ve stumbled upon here... but I’ll take a piece of the banana bread please.
  • Options
    Renfield said:
    I’m not sure what I’ve stumbled upon here... but I’ll take a piece of the banana bread please.
    I even made you some tea. :smiley:

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    deadendp said:
    Renfield said:

Why is everyone making banana bread all of the sudden?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    Renfield said:

Why is everyone making banana bread all of the sudden?
    I had a few overripe bananas that needed to be used.  My husband said that he would choke them down, but . . . banana bread it is!  I made apple bread earlier in the week.  I only made that because it is my daughter's favorite for breakfast.  I generally bake something anyhow, so if you know me well enough, you know that it isn't a surprise coming out of my kitchen. 

This week I am due to make another batch of granola.  :smiley: 
  • Options
    I also saw where some people ordered bananas through grocery delivery.  Some services order bananas by singles and some order by bunches.  There were some people who missed the order specification and ended up with a hella big load o' bananas.  My guess is that may be part of the banana bread baking craze, too.  

And . . . for some it is a comfort food. :smile: 
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    I could give a shit about what you're not thankful......for.......or something.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    Malroth said:
    Could...or couldn’t, Mal?

I think banana bread is something I could do!
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    Renfield said:

Why thank you. It looks delicious 😋 
  • Options
    Renfield said:
    deadendp said:
    Renfield said:

Why thank you. It looks delicious 😋 
    It's a fresh piece.  I promise I didn't eat part of it.  This piece was a victim of the Great Banana Bread collapse and rebake. 
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    hedonist said:
    Malroth said:
    Could...or couldn’t, Mal?

I think banana bread is something I could do!

I could too
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    Renfield said:
    It's a fresh piece.  I promise I didn't eat part of it.  This piece was a victim of the Great Banana Bread collapse :lol::lol:
    and rebake. 
    Hysterical. And I trust you.
    I love BB, one of my top sweet treats. I don’t bake, don’t even have a proper pan for baking. I haven’t had any sweets in 6 weeks since I’m under Stay At Home. 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,944
    Banana cake here also. And the  reason.  Over ripe bananas. 
    After . Keep all the  skins in a bottle of water for a week or so and its a great  plant food. Beware it smells like puke. Plants that are ready to start fruiting
    love it. Free home plant feed. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    hedonist said:

This most definitely qualifies for the Official Henry Rollins Hack or Pack Club.  I'm digging it! 

You might end up with a new (and most honorable)  nick name:  Hackin' Hedo!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    What is the Hack Or Pack Club? I haven't kept up with Henry Rollins the last few years, but was lucky enough to catch him live a few times somewhere between 2008 - 10 kind of timeframe. I guess I'm thankful for the pace of life slowing down recently and having time with my partner.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I'm thankful for every damn person in my life.
    I'm thankful that the land is coming out of it's winter slumber.

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    What is the Hack Or Pack Club? I haven't kept up with Henry Rollins the last few years, but was lucky enough to catch him live a few times somewhere between 2008 - 10 kind of timeframe. I guess I'm thankful for the pace of life slowing down recently and having time with my partner.

I made up the "Club" part, but the "hack or pack" part is something Rollins used a few times in one of his books.  He has often been very forthcoming about his issues with having depression and even what at times sounds like despair.  He came to a point where he knew he had to either hack (deal with life) or pack (giving up, giving in, or possibly even suicide?)  and told himself he was determined to hack.  That sense of determination was and still is very influential for me.  In my worst moments of anxiety, worry or depression, I think about that and convinced myself it is better to hack than it is to pack.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    edited May 2020
    Demolition Man 2 is happening!!! Demolition Man 2 is happening!!!

I am one with the three seashells.  The three seashells are one with me.
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    Demolition Man 2 is happening!!! Demolition Man 2 is happening!!!

I am one with the three seashells.  The three seashells are one with me.
    =)
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    So if Sly is franchising the Demolition Man universe, first and foremost ... excellent fucking news for Wesley Snipes (wait, did he die in the first one?  i'm sure there will be a reasonable explanation) ... but does this give Stallone the lead in Hollywood for franchises?

Rocky
    Rambo
    Expendables
    Demolition Man

I feel like I could be missing more ... Tango and Cash briefly intersected in time with John Rambo's reality

Hugo Weaving has Matrix and LOTR and Transformers.  Ford has Indiana Jones, Star Wars, and part of the Jack Ryan franchise