Thanks for a really Great album !

I’m listening over and over again and really falling in love with this Album. Good job guys. It’s really good. 

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,397
    Totally agree! The josh Evans interview on Sirius  is really in depth and interesting.  Give a listen to if you get a chance. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Absolutely, great album! 
  • jefftjefft Posts: 657
    It's amazing from start to finish.
  • Couldn't agree more. I regret saying anything nick picky or negative the first week it came out. The more I listen the more I'm blown away! Hopefully no one quotes this to disagree but I honestly think this might be their best record. Musically it's my favorite. Thanks PJ!
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,502
    I agree. At first  i was not sure. But i am like that  with all new music. 
    Now i listen 5 times a day at least. Still only buckle up i skip. 
    Great lyrics on this album that  relate to me. 
    And a mention to jeff on some great bass parts. And matt , one hell of an all round  musician.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    Remember when people were shitting all over that dude that opened up a separate  thread to say he wasn’t feeling the new album? Good times. 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,786
    Here here
    I miss igotid88
  • ICDragonsICDragons Posts: 39
    edited April 2020
    I concur. A real joy to listen to start to finish. 

And I love Buckle Up. 
    It’s my new Help Help
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,475
    I too am guilty of some doubts before I heard it when it was being compared to Yield which is my holy grail. Well, damn if it ain't the second coming! 
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,871
    It’s the tits. I love it.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    agreed
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • DR252979DR252979 Posts: 40
    Agreed! This has been the bright spot of lockdown! Thank U!!!
    3-20-1994 Ann Arbor, MI 8-23-1998 Auburn Hills, MI 10-7-2000 Auburn Hills; MI 5-22-2006 Auburn Hills, MI 5-9-2010 Cleveland, OH; EV 6-28-2011 Detroit, MI 10-16-2014 Detroit, MI, EV 9-23-2017 Louisville KY
  • southernmanfansouthernmanfan Posts: 1,019
    Could not agree more. Great album. Most needed in this time. 

Thank you Pearl Jam. 
    rustedsigns
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    I have yet to comment because I needed to give it more than 1 listen.

Now that I have, I think this is their best album since Yield.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,940
    Agreed...incredible album. As others have similarly mentioned above, I'm grateful to PJ for creating and releasing this. Definitely worth the wait. Thank you, Pearl Jam :rock_on:

Impressive how they adroitly balanced making it relevant but not over the top political. As a result it's gonna age well.

With so much time b/t albums it could have easily sounded overwrought and too intentional. Props to Josh Evans and all involved who made Gigaton, front to back, sound fresh, fluid and connected.

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,162
    It’s the tits. I love it.
    Probably the best review I’ve read! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • McVEDDER72McVEDDER72 Posts: 11
    edited April 2020
    Yes I was like some at first , was not feeling it and that’s why I posted it’s a great album. I was thinking maybe they rushed it or something to make us happy. Obviously this has been in the making for a long time.   The Tits love that comment ! 
    Post edited by McVEDDER72 on
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    edited April 2020
    Absolutely agree. I've been listening to the digital version since it came out really enjoying it. FINALLY got to get my vinyl version this past weekend (shipped to an address I couldn't get to immediately thanks to the lockdown) and it has been a whole other level of amazing.
    Post edited by DeLukin on
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Was on the fence if this was the best album since Yield (over Riot Act and Binaural) and yes, it is. Whoever said, driving forceful, with purpose, rambling in a good way, wish they extended that outro for a good minute or so, DOTC, best single since NAIS and a nice departure. Alright, can’t believe more people aren’t feeling this song. My fav on the album. In a few years people will be singing it like present tense. All for now
  • KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,068
    Was on the fence if this was the best album since Yield (over Riot Act and Binaural) and yes, it is. Whoever said, driving forceful, with purpose, rambling in a good way, wish they extended that outro for a good minute or so, DOTC, best single since NAIS and a nice departure. Alright, can’t believe more people aren’t feeling this song. My fav on the album. In a few years people will be singing it like present tense. All for now
    I tend to agree that Alright has huge potential, would make a great opener.
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,475
    Agree with all of this especially about Alright having great potential, especially live if they extend it out. All of the slower songs are so atmospheric. I'm sure someone has already mentioned that Gigaton feels like Yield and No Code had a child and I really hear that. 
  • A+
  • Was on the fence if this was the best album since Yield (over Riot Act and Binaural) and yes, it is. Whoever said, driving forceful, with purpose, rambling in a good way, wish they extended that outro for a good minute or so, DOTC, best single since NAIS and a nice departure. Alright, can’t believe more people aren’t feeling this song. My fav on the album. In a few years people will be singing it like present tense. All for now
    Alright, although a good tune, is not in the same conversation as Present Tense. 
    Ft. Laud 96, WPB I and II 98, WPB I and II 2000, San Sebastian, Spain 2000, WPB 03, Tampa 03, MSG I and II 03, Kissimmee 04, Atlantic City I and II 05, Mansfield I 08, Toronto 09, Noblesville 10, Alpine Valley I and II 11, Wrigley 13, Baltimore 13, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Wrigley 2 2016