Options

Strangelove Skateboards x Pearl Jam decks

Comments

• Options
    DKedzieDKedzie Posts: 94
    I'd still prefer the Silver Ten Club Edition over the Gold one. I like the colors better.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    ChrisdM said:
    ry75guy said:
    ChrisdM said:
    Is the printing on these different than the ones dropped by Strangelove? Are the others not silver?
    "Silver Ten Club Edition
    Screen-printed at Screaming Squeegees"
    The Strangelove versions are screened with gold. The rocket and silver elements on the spacesuit are gold for Strangelove. The flame and dark brownish nebula behind the koala are bright orange for Strangelove, too. Both versions look cool, but I have to admit I like the silver more. 
    Cool. Thanks for the info.
    I hope these tenclub ones get signed and numbered, though there is no mention of it.
    10c Silver Decks are NOT S/N. Only the Gold Artist decks are S/N.
    Thanks for the update. :)
  • Options
    DKedzie said:
    I'd still prefer the Silver Ten Club Edition over the Gold one. I like the colors better.

Can't wait to see the silver in person. Wonder if anyone here scored both. From 10club & Sean's sale.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Was @seancliver predicting the future with this graphic? Escaping a #coronavirus infected burning earth? Limited special edition board we had the pleasure of printing for @pearljam and @strangelove.skateboards Originally produced for a @pearljam pop up store that was to be in NYC but due to the #covid_19 virus 🦠 That all changed. Keep an 👁 on @strangelove.skateboards for a limited gold 🚀 version or the Ten Club for the silver 🚀 proceeds from both sales will go to help @montanapoolservice continue his mission building skateparks throughout rural Montana.

Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    Am I the only one who's frustrated 10C doesn't give us ANY kind of heads up these were going live? Same as the viewer. Now to get one we have to pay a flipper? That is really anti-PJ. Just sort of wish an e-mail would go out to club members man. At least then if we miss it we can't say we didn't know. Ugh, and I collect skate decks too, doubly frustrating.
    Lollapalooza 7/92, Berkeley 10/93, Mtn View 10/94, San Jose 11/95, Mtn View 10/96, Oakland 10/97, Inglewood 7/98, Mtn View 10/99, Mtn View 10/00, Mtn View 10/01, Mtn View 6/03, Mtn View 10/03, George 9/05, SF 7/06, Mtn View 10/06, LA 10/09, San Diego 10/09, Mtn View 10/10, Vancouver 9/11, Oakland 10/13, Mtn View 10/14, Seattle 8/18
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,231
    Am I the only one who's frustrated 10C doesn't give us ANY kind of heads up these were going live? Same as the viewer. Now to get one we have to pay a flipper? That is really anti-PJ. Just sort of wish an e-mail would go out to club members man. At least then if we miss it we can't say we didn't know. Ugh, and I collect skate decks too, doubly frustrating.
    Most people had a pretty good idea.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    KW6232KW6232 Posts: 349
    edited June 2020
    Someone already has a silver ten club edition on the bay. 
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:
    Most people had a pretty good idea.
    Why did I know someone was going to say that? Not sure who most people are, but I've been a huge PJ fan since 92 and a club member for almost twenty years and I didn't know. Perhaps more time on the forum would help, but I wouldn't mind an e-mail. It would be nice as a longtime member. PS - Since money from the sale of this is going towards building skate parks in Montana thanks to JAment, why not just do a timed-edition sale of a day or so and send out an e-mail about it? Wouldn't that bring in the most amount of money? 
    Lollapalooza 7/92, Berkeley 10/93, Mtn View 10/94, San Jose 11/95, Mtn View 10/96, Oakland 10/97, Inglewood 7/98, Mtn View 10/99, Mtn View 10/00, Mtn View 10/01, Mtn View 6/03, Mtn View 10/03, George 9/05, SF 7/06, Mtn View 10/06, LA 10/09, San Diego 10/09, Mtn View 10/10, Vancouver 9/11, Oakland 10/13, Mtn View 10/14, Seattle 8/18
  • Options
    randynesterrandynester Posts: 171
    I’m over the whole thing
  • Options
    KW6232 said:
    Someone already has a silver ten club edition on the bay. 

If 10club only had one order shipped to Los Angeles, they should totally cancel their purchase.

• Options
    ry75guyry75guy Posts: 213
    demetrios said:
    DKedzie said:

Can't wait to see the silver in person. Wonder if anyone here scored both. From 10club & Sean's sale.
    I have the Gold and was about to pull the trigger on the silver when I decided that I didn’t need both. Happy to have the gold. Happy that it’s signed and numbered. But the silver is pretty nice looking.
    Tinley Park, IL 08-02-1992
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-22-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-18-2018
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
    St. Louis, MO 09-18-2022
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    Arrived today in West Seattle
  • Options
    big dipper ice creambig dipper ice cream malt-hop epicenter Posts: 2,546
    Look good!

2024..........ANCHORAGE-FAIRBANKS-VANCOUVER-SEATTLE-PORTLAND-BOISE-SLC-MISSOULA

• Options
    Sweet!
  • Options
    ry75guyry75guy Posts: 213

Nice! I didn’t realize until I saw your photo that there are variants in background colors. It looks like the nebula behind the rocket and the flame exhaust can be brown, green, black or orange. 

So the real question is will someone try to get all 4 of the silver and 4 of the gold? 😮
    Tinley Park, IL 08-02-1992
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-22-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-18-2018
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
    St. Louis, MO 09-18-2022
  • Options
    VOLAREVOLARE Posts: 314
    Someday I will be on here at the right time and score a skateboard. Hahaha. Poof, gone! Oh well, maybe next time! There is always next time! You guys are fast, that’s for sure.
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    6-16-93 University Theatre, UM
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    6-20-98 Washington-Grizzly Stadium
    5-28-03 Adams Field House
    8-29-05 Adams Field House
    7-22-06 Gorge Amphitheater
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-30-12 Adams Field House
    10-31-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    11-01-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,795
    I like it...Any info on the count of the ten club ed. South of 1000? 500? They sold out fast.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    ry75guy said:

Nice! I didn’t realize until I saw your photo that there are variants in background colors. It looks like the nebula behind the rocket and the flame exhaust can be brown, green, black or orange. 

So the real question is will someone try to get all 4 of the silver and 4 of the gold? 😮
    collecting all 4 would be a task.

Good luck to anyone w deep enough pockets to attempt it.
  • Options
    ry75guy said:

collecting all 4 would be a task.

Good luck to anyone w deep enough pockets to attempt it.

Indeed! One is good enough for me. 
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
    If I win,I'll be looking to trade. I'm not much of a skater.
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    joseph33 said:
    If I win,I'll be looking to trade. I'm not much of a skater.
    Neither are 99% of the people who bought the boards.
  • Options
    Last skateboard I own & road had a handle on it and that was a long time ago. 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    demetrios said:
    The last skateboard I had got sold to buy a ticket to see a concert when I was in high school back in the 80's. I think it was Iron Maiden, but I am not sure.
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    The last skateboard I had got sold to buy a ticket to see a concert when I was in high school back in the 80's. I think it was Iron Maiden, but I am not sure.

Nice! 
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,795
    I got a skateboard from salvation army. Haven't trashed myself......yet. Never had the guts to jump in a skate park. I'd have to wrap myself in major padding to attempt that. 
  • Options
    timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CA Posts: 294
    Mine was originally supposed to be delivered yesterday, then the date got switched to today and the tracking showed it delivered even though it wasn't. I know there are occasionally issues where they scan early and it shows up the next day, so figured I'd wait until tomorrow before filing a claim. Just in case, I checked outside one more time tonight and a package was outside the gate. It actually was delivered to the wrong address and the person brought it over. Glad I checked because I'm fairly certain it wouldn't have still been out there in the morning, especially if someone came across the box who knew who Santos L. Halper is...but gives you hope that there are still more good people than bad out there!
  • Options
    JBC7913JBC7913 Posts: 381
    timdwilli said:
    Mine was originally supposed to be delivered yesterday, then the date got switched to today and the tracking showed it delivered even though it wasn't. I know there are occasionally issues where they scan early and it shows up the next day, so figured I'd wait until tomorrow before filing a claim. Just in case, I checked outside one more time tonight and a package was outside the gate. It actually was delivered to the wrong address and the person brought it over. Glad I checked because I'm fairly certain it wouldn't have still been out there in the morning, especially if someone came across the box who knew who Santos L. Halper is...but gives you hope that there are still more good people than bad out there!
    There are tons of GOOD people out there, despite what media are trying to portray! Enjoy your board, whether as art or as tool for transport or fun!!
  • Options
    KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,037
    Mine was handed off to USPS by UPS two days ago and there have been no updates to tracking since.  uh oh.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,525
    demetrios said:
    You mean a scooter?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    100 Pacer said:
    demetrios said:
    You mean a scooter?
    box crate scooter  Kids on Orange-Crate scooters tear up a street
This discussion has been closed.