Why doesn't the band....

CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,937
re-release stuff like Benny, Live on 2/10 Legs, and Greatest Hits on vinyl. They have made every album accessible to those of us new to vinyl. I know people have said why the band doesn't, but I'm curious cause I never paid attention. I mean wouldn't there be as much of a market for say Live on Two Legs as there is/was for albums like Riot Act and Binaural (those are for die hard fans - no one casually owns them).

Be well.
98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    It's a question I've been asking for a long time. I hope they do this someday.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • CrewCrew Posts: 299
    So many fans would gladly spin all the Benny's that are rotting away on shelves somewhere, never to be opened.  What a waste.
  • I would buy all three of those. I would also open and spin em.
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,403
    I would have followed up why doesnt the band... get the winter/spring dates out there for later this year or 2021. But I guess re-releasing old merchandise is a GREAT look when squatting on hundreds of thousands of dollars of fans money so sure lets do that. 
  • edoconedocon Posts: 326
    I would have followed up why doesnt the band... get the winter/spring dates out there for later this year or 2021. But I guess re-releasing old merchandise is a GREAT look when squatting on hundreds of thousands of dollars of fans money so sure lets do that. 
    How is PJ supposed to schedule arena dates when we have no idea when mass gatherings will be allowed again? I'd imagine that resuming NBA and NHL seasons would get priority in a lot of these venues. So until all that's worked out, we won't be seeing confirmed dates.
  • ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,012
    Same reason why Tom Petty doesn't re-release Wildflowers on vinyl.

9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,361
    Won’t be long before the postponed dates turn into cancelled dates. Too much uncertainty. 
    edocon said:
    How is PJ supposed to schedule arena dates when we have no idea when mass gatherings will be allowed again? I'd imagine that resuming NBA and NHL seasons would get priority in a lot of these venues. So until all that's worked out, we won't be seeing confirmed dates.
    How did other bands already figure it out?  Just 2 shows locally, Five Finger Death Punch went from  4/4 to 10/23.  Foo Fighters went 4/12 to 12/5.    Buckcherry rescheduled to 10/13.  ARENAS know what they are looking at already.  Get the fucking dates out there. Fuck the rules, Mass gatherings are constitutionally protected.  WE must begin to fight back. 
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    I have not missed a PJ MSG show in my life. Ive been to over 100 PJ shows. Until this is gone, like GONE, you guys have fun, I think your nuts. I live in NJ, so this shit is close to home.
  • jimjam that is a terrible idea.  fight back? I am not even sure what that means?  how do you fight back against a virus?  there is no treatment, no vaccine, not enough ppe to prevent the virus from spreading.  go back to early and you start a second wave of deaths.  and it isn't just a risk to yourself.  it poses a risk to others.  say you are infected but asymptomatic.  you can spread the virus to people with compromised immune systems or maybe they just get sicker and die.  so you could go to a concert.  killing yourself for a concert is bad enough.  killing others for a concert is morally and ethically reprehensible.
    you are a member of a society.  you have an ethical obligation to not cause the death of people by casual interaction.  
    they are discovering that this virus not only effects the respiratory system but seems to effect blood clotting as well.  you have a constitutional rights but they don't include killing other people through selfishness and ignorance.

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    Reissuing the albums is something that be done now.....
    PJ (or any band for that matter) may not play until 2021. That's the reality of the situation.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    Crew said:
    So many fans would gladly spin all the Benny's that are rotting away on shelves somewhere, never to be opened.  What a waste.
    I'll never understand the concept of keeping vinyl sealed. And there are so many multiple copies of sealed PJ vinyl sitting on shelves out there. And not just Benaroya Hall... everything they've ever released.
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    ski-bum said:
    Same reason why Tom Petty doesn't re-release Wildflowers on vinyl.

He did you just had to buy the vinyl box set to get it...it came out a couple years ago and had everything from wildflowers through hypnotic eye.  Well worth the $pendy dollars.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    edited April 2020
    mfc2006 said:
    PJ (or any band for that matter) may not play until 2021. That's the reality of the situation.
    Then cancel the fucking tour and get our money back to us and re-draw/announce new venues next year.  It's bad form to squat on hundreds of thousands dollars earning interest in their banks.  These guys turned into corporate fucking pigs.  Its reached boiling point today. Sanity is gone. 
    1992 PJ is pissed off at 2020 PJ.
    Post edited by jimjam1982 on
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    mfc2006 said:
    Then cancel the fucking tour and get our money back to us and re-draw/announce new venues next year.  It's bad form to squat on hundreds of thousands dollars earning interest in their banks.  These guys turned into corporate fucking pigs.  Its reached boiling point today. Sanity is gone. 
    Sorry, if $250 is that big a deal you shouldn’t have spent it anyway.   You can ask for a refund I believe anyway so you have the power to cancel the US showS for yourself.
    mfc2006 said:
    Sorry, if $250 is that big a deal you shouldn’t have spent it anyway.   You can ask for a refund I believe anyway so you have the power to cancel the US showS for yourself.
    I mean 7 shows.  Over $1,400 but you know.  Preach.  TM won't refund until its canceled.  Plus Europe is a whole other issue.  Waiting on cancelations.
  • SeaSea Posts: 3,010
    Please be nice and treat each other with respect...that includes the band. It's all in the Posting Guidelines.
    Thank you
    Posting Guidelines

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here.

This discussion has been closed.