Options

2020 US Tour Merch?

MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 323
With the production lead time there must be a stockpile of Merch for the US shows.  Unless insurance requires that they be destroyed for coverage, PJ should sell these as oddities and perhaps donate some of the proceeds to COVID support.  I would buy stuff for the cancelled MSG show.  I have stuff from the cancelled London show in 2018 I was there for.

Comments

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,051
    would be awesome if at least the artists were allowed to sell their allocated artist signed/#'d editions as i'm sure those were printed up and ready to go. let them get something to keep them working, eating and living to pay bills etc
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,973
    would be awesome if at least the artists were allowed to sell their allocated artist signed/#'d editions as i'm sure those were printed up and ready to go. let them get something to keep them working, eating and living to pay bills etc
    I think that's a good idea. Could always let the same artists do new designs for the arranged shows. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    For the cancelled London show In 2018, they used the same poster from the original show and changed the date and color.  Would expect basically the same for the reschedules here but would still be a valuable memory of this crazy period in world and Pearl Jam history.
  • Options
    ST66483ST66483 Posts: 696
    I’ve seen some bands doing this with proceeds going to out of work crew members.  Supporting crew, artists and/or research would be great.
  • Options
    ST66483 said:
    I’ve seen some bands doing this with proceeds going to out of work crew members.  Supporting crew, artists and/or research would be great.
    that's a fantastic idea
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,514
    MKSNYC said:
    With the production lead time there must be a stockpile of Merch for the US shows.  Unless insurance requires that they be destroyed for coverage, PJ should sell these as oddities and perhaps donate some of the proceeds to COVID support.  I would buy stuff for the cancelled MSG show.  I have stuff from the cancelled London show in 2018 I was there for.
    I am confused by this statement.
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,003
    MKSNYC said:
    The night 2 London show in 2018 was rescheduled, they still sold some of the merch before the cancellation was announced. I’m assuming that is what they’re referring too
  • Options
    Hawk123 said:
    MKSNYC said:
    The night 2 London show in 2018 was rescheduled, they still sold some of the merch before the cancellation was announced. I’m assuming that is what they’re referring too
    Yup
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,951
    I think they go to third world countries in africa.
    What Happens To Super Bowl Losers Shirts - Business Insider
    What Happens to the Losing Teams T-Shirts  Merchandise  QLP

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773

For sports, yes.

I have two postcard shirts from Eddie's canceled solo tour from when he hurt his back.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,847
    I guess it will be sold as mystery boxes. There would be tons for sale. They would be a complete mystery not knowing designs or anything. A fun gamble lots of fans would grab one.
  • Options
    KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,039
    It’s most likely to be used for the re-scheduled dates. They aren’t going to waste the money and resources making new merch. Mystery boxes are what, $100? So they would lose money stuffing all the 2020 tour merch into mystery boxes. 
  • Options
    ^^true. It would be tons of stuff
  • Options
    But who would buy merch with the wrong dates on?
  • Options
    An awesome emek or something yes. Not a shirt unless mixed in a mb.
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,481
    Jimmy Eat World is selling tour merch and giving proceeds to their crew.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,951

For sports, yes.

I have two postcard shirts from Eddie's canceled solo tour from when he hurt his back.
    i was trying to be funny. Maybe i should have used the winky or tongue emoji

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    tino_11 said:
    EV Star Wars poster and others with the wrong dates are collectibles
  • Options
    KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,039
    tino_11 said:
    Who cares what the dates say?
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    KM73780 said:
    tino_11 said:
    Who cares what the dates say?
    They could be blunt about it, cross the old dates out and print the new ones next to it. I think it’d be funny 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    I like getting a poster and shirt from shows I've been to.  I'd definitely be interested in seeing what the 3 shows I would have been at had to offer. 
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,700
    tino_11 said:
    Me if it was a nice shirt 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Sorry, to clarify, I meant in the context of carrying over merch for the rearranged tour. 

In 2021 would they really be selling shirts and posters with 2020 dates on them at shows? Instead of producing new merch with 2021 dates? I highly doubt it. If they sold them now, then I could see people being interested. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    If the shirts in the Shop are $42 I am not interested in a $50 t shirt for a show that never happened.
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,059
    I also think a mystery box would be the best way to blow out anything that has "2020" on it. Better than the huge mess that poster drops typically become. Maybe one North American box and then a European box 
  • Options
    Is it possible that nothing had been printed yet, T-shirt’s and posters? And the date will just get changed before sending to the printer. I don’t know how early the print the merch.
  • Options
    KS80184KS80184 Posts: 386
    Is it possible that nothing had been printed yet, T-shirt’s and posters? And the date will just get changed before sending to the printer. I don’t know how early the print the merch.

@bradklausen might know?
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,081
    They announced the postponement 9 days before the first show. Would be cutting it close with anything that hadn't been printed for NA yet. Wouldn't shock me if they saw the handwriting on the wall and held up the Euro stuff, but who knows. I have no clue what timelines for a big tour merch order look like. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,822
    pjl44 said:
    They announced the postponement 9 days before the first show. Would be cutting it close with anything that hadn't been printed for NA yet. Wouldn't shock me if they saw the handwriting on the wall and held up the Euro stuff, but who knows. I have no clue what timelines for a big tour merch order look like. 
    Wonder if Canada got printed and US was in the process or soon to be.