Seven O'Clock

KV4053KV4053 Posts: 1,503
Is brilliant. Blown away everytime I hear it 
I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.

Comments

• lugnutlugnut Posts: 67
    Yes... Somewhere in my all time PJ top 10. “Hard to Imagine” my solid number 1
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 1,004
    Sitting Bull and Crazy Horse they forged the north and west
    Then you got Sitting Bullshit as our sitting President
    Oh, talking to his mirror, what's he say? What's it say back?
    A tragedy of errors, who'll be the last to have a laugh?

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,835
    It took me a while, but now it’s in my top 3 for this album 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    For me its my instant repeat song
    Kearnsy
  • PJALKPJALK Posts: 83
    I’m really enjoying it too. Melody is stuck in my head.  
  • KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,070
    Getting better with each listen. Such a hopeful song. Good stuff.
  • Hard to stop shouting HANGMAN IN DREAMLAND A-BOUT TO CALL YOUR NAME whenever this comes on.
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    I love how they do the keys in the chorus in a similar way as that middle section of Kashmir.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,836
    D-Rod said:
    It took me a while, but now it’s in my top 3 for this album 
    Same here... wasn’t feeling it at all until multiple plays through the album
  • CrewCrew Posts: 299
    It's at least a minute longer than it needs to be..

(I know I'm in the minority here)
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    There was something about that song from the first listen, which doesn’t happen a lot for me listening to new songs. Love the lyrics, the music, everything 
  • vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427
    Is brilliant.  A melody that grabs you on the first note.  The lyrics.  wow.  
  • mschostokmschostok Posts: 858
    Great song - has really grown on me. Legit could be a Bruce b-side from The Rising, really cool. 
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    Listening to it, again...what a gem!!!!!
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,397
    On the last listen I think I finally "got" this song.  I look forward to hearing it live sometime in 2027.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    Beautiful song.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,347
    A vast quantity of lyrics in the allotted time with a comfortably numb keyed type chorus
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24
  • cowboyzekecowboyzeke Posts: 30
    edited April 2020
    Seven O Clock shall replace Yellow Ledbetter as closer with intro Wasted Reprise moving forward.  It’s golden.
    Post edited by cowboyzeke on
  • brookelilybrookelily Bethel Park, PA Posts: 238
    So held by these thoughts
    They refuse to slip away
    Hangman in dreamland 
    About to call your name.

just tremendous. Tremendous 
    8/16/92
    9/24/96, 9/28/96
    8/25/98, 9/18/98
    9/5/00
    4/26/03
    6/23/06
    10/28/09
    10/11/13, 10/12/13
    10/1/14
    9/2/18, 9/4/18
    9/18/21
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 655
    I love this song.  Possibly my favorite on the album, along with Quick Escape and River Cross.  Definitely hear Comfortably Numb in the middle there.  I worry for Ed, as he tries to remember the pages of lyrics for this song when performing it live.  He may need a teleprompter for this one (or pages of handwritten notes).
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    This song started out as mediocre for me and has turned into my favorite on the entire album.  I get chills when I hear it and think it will be amazing live.  It's crazy how much a song can grow on you in such a short period of time.
  • HendogHendog Posts: 15
    Even my partner who isn't a HUGE Pearl Jam fan (I've accepted and forgiven) can't get enough of this song and gets me to put it one while she's brushing her teeth before bed 😂.
  • Took me awhile to get past when ed sings "realying all encouraging words" cause it made the groove stumble but the more I hear it the more I love it. Just a straight up beautiful song. The lyrics are so great too. 
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,475
    Took me awhile to get past when ed sings "realying all encouraging words" cause it made the groove stumble but the more I hear it the more I love it. Just a straight up beautiful song. The lyrics are so great too. 
    IMO Ed's unorthodox phrasings are what makes this album unique as he does it quite a bit and it can throw you off at first but ultimately pull you in. The album is very wordy and some people have criticized that but I like it as it has a story to tell. 
  • Hendog said:
    Even my partner who isn't a HUGE Pearl Jam fan (I've accepted and forgiven) can't get enough of this song and gets me to put it one while she's brushing her teeth before bed 😂.
    This song ("Moved on from my despondency and left it in the bed" etc) is the shot of inspiration that I've been using to get started with my day in these times.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I'm not feeling it.  I understand it but just not feeling it.  Some songs just take me a while.  
  • unforgivenunforgiven Posts: 378
    edited April 2020
    Hendog said:
    This song ("Moved on from my despondency and left it in the bed" etc) is the shot of inspiration that I've been using to get started with my day in these times.
    Well here is your "message from afar"  a message from down under. We will get through this eventually and everything will be ok, so get up and start your day! 

We are in this together as a human race and even right down here in Australia you have people thinking about YOU and your country hoping you guys can find the way through this with the least amount of grief! 
    Post edited by unforgiven on
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 655
    Thank you for the thoughts and well wishes, from Australia.  I wish we in the U.S. could have managed this virus better, as Australia seems to be doing.  I love that line "down under, an oasis where there are dreams still being born."  Feels like hope.  I visited Australia for the first time not too long ago, Sep '19.  It's a special place, and I want to get back soon.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • unforgivenunforgiven Posts: 378
    ddeschler said:
    Thank you for the thoughts and well wishes, from Australia.  I wish we in the U.S. could have managed this virus better, as Australia seems to be doing.  I love that line "down under, an oasis where there are dreams still being born."  Feels like hope.  I visited Australia for the first time not too long ago, Sep '19.  It's a special place, and I want to get back soon.
    I love that line too, Australia has dealt with this situation very well atm. We do have some advantages which has helped as well, we are an island nation and our population is very spread out. We really only have 6 major cities and they are all about 12 hours drive apart. Our government has hit this very hard with strong economic supports to allow us to go into partial shutdown, we doubled our unemployment payments, the government is paying $1500au a fortnight for each employee that a business keeps employed for the next 6 months, our banks will allow anyone affected to defer loans that they have, I have been able to defer my mortgage for the next 6 months. The biggest advantage we have had is that the majority of our population has followed advice on social distancing and hygiene.  That has allowed us to keep the cases to a manageable level, we have 6507 total cases, with 3747 of those recovered and 63 deaths. We had 29 new cases in the last 24 hrs!

Over the next four weeks the country is going to improve its contact tracing capabilities, its testing regime and the hospital preparedness to deal with clusters, we will shutdown areas that have a cluster and aggressively chase up contacts of infected people to break the infection chain and then slowly ease restrictions.

Our major winter sport is looking to return on May 28th without crowds, but that will be a big positive for the mental health of everyone stuck at home.

Sorry to go off topic, I am wishing everyone over there the best atm!
  • KV4053KV4053 Posts: 1,503
    ddeschler said:
    I love that line too, Australia has dealt with this situation very well atm. We do have some advantages which has helped as well, we are an island nation and our population is very spread out. We really only have 6 major cities and they are all about 12 hours drive apart. Our government has hit this very hard with strong economic supports to allow us to go into partial shutdown, we doubled our unemployment payments, the government is paying $1500au a fortnight for each employee that a business keeps employed for the next 6 months, our banks will allow anyone affected to defer loans that they have, I have been able to defer my mortgage for the next 6 months. The biggest advantage we have had is that the majority of our population has followed advice on social distancing and hygiene.  That has allowed us to keep the cases to a manageable level, we have 6507 total cases, with 3747 of those recovered and 63 deaths. We had 29 new cases in the last 24 hrs!

Over the next four weeks the country is going to improve its contact tracing capabilities, its testing regime and the hospital preparedness to deal with clusters, we will shutdown areas that have a cluster and aggressively chase up contacts of infected people to break the infection chain and then slowly ease restrictions.

Our major winter sport is looking to return on May 28th without crowds, but that will be a big positive for the mental health of everyone stuck at home.

Sorry to go off topic, I am wishing everyone over there the best atm!
    Thank you for sharing. It's nice to hear positive news.
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.