0 - The End -

Eliminated
    7. Gonna See My Friend
    8. Speed of Sound 
    9. The Fixer
    10. Supersonic
    11. Johnny Guitar

• JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    We could also do covers. There are enough that they do regularly like Crazy Mary, Comfortably numb, Love reign over me and so on
    Eliminating The End?! How could you  :o 
  • CPR7CPR7 Posts: 366
    JPPJ84 said:
    Eliminating The End?! How could you  :o 
    Haha had to put it out of it's misery. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,526
    5 Got Some -
    7 - Just Breathe -
    9 - Amongst the Waves 
    16 Unthought Known +
    13 -Force of Nature 

Eliminated
    6. The End
    7. Gonna See My Friend
    8. Speed of Sound 
    9. The Fixer
    10. Supersonic
    11. Johnny Guitar
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited April 2020
    PJNB said:
    The End brought my wife and I to tears the other night thinking about her brother who passed away recently, leaving behind a wife and two teenage children. Powerful song... if you could imagine being that person... who only wanted to grow old and took all the blame for the sickness in their bones. 😔

No artists lyrics have ever resonated with me like Ed’s. And it didn’t resonate in 2009... lost a couple of people in life and the song takes on all new meaning... beautiful.

I heard The End, in Prague, 2 years ago and was amazed how powerful it was. I do not  love the studio version but hearing it live was so emotional. Sorry to hear about your brother in law. That is way too young for someone to go especially with children at that age. 

Numerous songs have done the same as you mentioned above to me as well over time. Having kids, losing loved ones, these things make us look at the world differently and as a result I think we look at songs and lyrics differently too. We have 3 children now so Smile means a lot to us. 3 crooked hearts reminds me of them every time I hear that lyric. DOTC my 4 year old runs in the room when he hears that song playing and sings the whole thing while dancing around. When I hear that song live thats what I am going to be thinking about with a lot of smiling and emotions. 
    I was at that show as well. Played The End right after Man of the Hour, which was played at my Dad’s funeral a few years ago and it was the first time I had seen it live. 
    I was in tears in GA for two whole songs. One guy I met and told him I was hoping for MOTH and when The End started he goes “They are trying to kill you man!”

Prague is in my top 3 shows.... just amazing

Love these stories.

By the way, where does your signature quote come from? Sounds like something Ed would say during a show.
    Thanks, I love reading them too. It gives me the courage to share. 

Glad you asked about the quote, no one ever has! That was said by Taylor Hawkins after he sang a few Van Halen covers as “McCready and Friends” started off the headlining show for Peak to Sky in Big Sky, MT last summer. 
    Just loved the quote.... was such a blast of a concert... was right in the rail in front of Josh K. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    The End brought my wife and I to tears the other night thinking about her brother who passed away recently, leaving behind a wife and two teenage children. Powerful song... if you could imagine being that person... who only wanted to grow old and took all the blame for the sickness in their bones. 😔

No artists lyrics have ever resonated with me like Ed’s. And it didn’t resonate in 2009... lost a couple of people in life and the song takes on all new meaning... beautiful.

I heard The End, in Prague, 2 years ago and was amazed how powerful it was. I do not  love the studio version but hearing it live was so emotional. Sorry to hear about your brother in law. That is way too young for someone to go especially with children at that age. 

Numerous songs have done the same as you mentioned above to me as well over time. Having kids, losing loved ones, these things make us look at the world differently and as a result I think we look at songs and lyrics differently too. We have 3 children now so Smile means a lot to us. 3 crooked hearts reminds me of them every time I hear that lyric. DOTC my 4 year old runs in the room when he hears that song playing and sings the whole thing while dancing around. When I hear that song live thats what I am going to be thinking about with a lot of smiling and emotions. 
    I was at that show as well. Played The End right after Man of the Hour, which was played at my Dad’s funeral a few years ago and it was the first time I had seen it live. 
    I was in tears in GA for two whole songs. One guy I met and told him I was hoping for MOTH and when The End started he goes “They are trying to kill you man!”

Ya it was quite the one two combo for sure. Could you imagine they came out with Comeback next? 
    Yeah... that would have been amazing and gut-wrenching all at the same time. 
  • 4 Got Some -
    7 - Just Breathe 
    9 - Amongst the Waves 
    17 - Unthought Known +
    12 - Force of Nature -

Eliminated
    6. The End
    7. Gonna See My Friend
    8. Speed of Sound 
    9. The Fixer
    10. Supersonic
    11. Johnny Guitar
    5-28-06
    6-20-08
    10-27-09
    10-28-09
    5-21-10
    4-28-16
  • PapPap Posts: 28,775
    5 Got Some (+)
    6 - Just Breathe (-)
    8 - Amongst the Waves (-)
    17 - Unthought Known
    12 - Force of Nature

Eliminated
    6. The End
    7. Gonna See My Friend
    8. Speed of Sound 
    9. The Fixer
    10. Supersonic
    11. Johnny Guitar
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,154
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

Ya it was quite the one two combo for sure. Could you imagine they came out with Comeback next? 
    Or what about skipping The End and Comeback.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,416
    6 - Got Some (+)
    5 - Just Breathe (-)
    8 - Amongst the Waves 
    17 - Unthought Known
    11- Force of Nature (-)

Eliminated
    6. The End
    7. Gonna See My Friend
    8. Speed of Sound 
    9. The Fixer
    10. Supersonic
    11. Johnny Guitar
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

Or what about skipping The End and Comeback.
    Cool?
  • JV267526JV267526 Posts: 199
    5 - Got Some (-)
    6 - Just Breathe (+)
    8 - Amongst the Waves 
    17 - Unthought Known
    10- Force of Nature (-)

Eliminated
    6. The End
    7. Gonna See My Friend
    8. Speed of Sound 
    9. The Fixer
    10. Supersonic
    11. Johnny Guitar
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,397

6- Got Some +
    5 Just Breathe -
    8 - Amongst the Waves 
    17 - Unthought Known
    9 Force of Nature (-)

Eliminated
    6. The End
    7. Gonna See My Friend
    8. Speed of Sound 
    9. The Fixer
    10. Supersonic
    11. Johnny Guitar

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    5 Got Some -
    4 Just Breathe -
    8 - Amongst the Waves 
    17 - Unthought Known
    10 Force of Nature +

Eliminated
    6. The End
    7. Gonna See My Friend
    8. Speed of Sound 
    9. The Fixer
    10. Supersonic
    11. Johnny Guitar
    mcgruff10 said:

6- Got Some +
    5 Just Breathe -
    8 - Amongst the Waves 
    17 - Unthought Known
    9 Force of Nature (-)

Eliminated
    6. The End
    7. Gonna See My Friend
    8. Speed of Sound 
    9. The Fixer
    10. Supersonic
    11. Johnny Guitar

Down voting your favourite song? I am shocked! 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,574
    5 Got Some 
    4 Just Breathe 
    7 - Amongst the Waves -
    16 - Unthought Known -
    11 Force of Nature +

Eliminated
    6. The End
    7. Gonna See My Friend
    8. Speed of Sound 
    9. The Fixer
    10. Supersonic
    11. Johnny Guitar
    It's a hopeless situation...
    edited April 2020
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:

6- Got Some +
    5 Just Breathe -
    8 - Amongst the Waves 
    17 - Unthought Known
    9 Force of Nature (-)

Eliminated
    6. The End
    7. Gonna See My Friend
    8. Speed of Sound 
    9. The Fixer
    10. Supersonic
    11. Johnny Guitar

Remember when you played It the last time you hosted poker night?!  That was hot.  
    4 Got Some -
    3 Just Breathe -
    7 - Amongst the Waves 
    16 - Unthought Known
    12 Force of Nature +

Eliminated
    6. The End
    7. Gonna See My Friend
    8. Speed of Sound 
    9. The Fixer
    10. Supersonic
    11. Johnny Guitar
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:

6- Got Some +
    5 Just Breathe -
    8 - Amongst the Waves 
    17 - Unthought Known
    9 Force of Nature (-)

Eliminated
    6. The End
    7. Gonna See My Friend
    8. Speed of Sound 
    9. The Fixer
    10. Supersonic
    11. Johnny Guitar

Remember when you played It the last time you hosted poker night?!  That was hot.  
    Secrets like that are not supposed to be whispered in a public forum....
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,835
    3 Got Some -
    3 Just Breathe 
    6- Amongst the Waves -
    16 - Unthought Known
    13 Force of Nature +

Eliminated
    6. The End
    7. Gonna See My Friend
    8. Speed of Sound 
    9. The Fixer
    10. Supersonic
    11. Johnny Guitar
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • 2 Got Some -
    3 Just Breathe 
    7 Amongst the Waves +
    16 - Unthought Known
    12 Force of Nature -

Eliminated
    6. The End
    7. Gonna See My Friend
    8. Speed of Sound 
    9. The Fixer
    10. Supersonic
    11. Johnny Guitar
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side.
    I am right by your side.
  • PJNB said:

Love these stories.

By the way, where does your signature quote come from? Sounds like something Ed would say during a show.
    Thanks, I love reading them too. It gives me the courage to share. 

Glad you asked about the quote, no one ever has! That was said by Taylor Hawkins after he sang a few Van Halen covers as “McCready and Friends” started off the headlining show for Peak to Sky in Big Sky, MT last summer. 
    Just loved the quote.... was such a blast of a concert... was right in the rail in front of Josh K. 
    Very cool! I wanted to attend so badly, but alas, too many concerts, too little time ($). That is until now... 
    Sounds like it was as badass as it looked!
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side.
    I am right by your side.
  • RE658041RE658041 Posts: 406
    1 Got Some -
    3 Just Breathe 
    8 Amongst the Waves +
    16 - Unthought Known
    11 Force of Nature -

Eliminated
    6. The End
    7. Gonna See My Friend
    8. Speed of Sound 
    9. The Fixer
    10. Supersonic
    11. Johnny Guitar
    edited April 2020
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:

6- Got Some +
    5 Just Breathe -
    8 - Amongst the Waves 
    17 - Unthought Known
    9 Force of Nature (-)

Eliminated
    6. The End
    7. Gonna See My Friend
    8. Speed of Sound 
    9. The Fixer
    10. Supersonic
    11. Johnny Guitar

Secrets like that are not supposed to be whispered in a public forum....
    It was bad ass the way you segue wayed nto the Macarena. 
  • CPR7CPR7 Posts: 366
    0 Got Some -
    3 Just Breathe 
    8 Amongst the Waves 
    15 - Unthought Known -
    12 Force of Nature +

Eliminated
    6. The End
    7. Gonna See My Friend
    8. Speed of Sound 
    9. The Fixer
    10. Supersonic
    11. Johnny Guitar

edited April 2020
    3 Just Breathe 
    7 Amongst the Waves -
    16 - Unthought Known +
    11 Force of Nature -

Eliminated
    5. Got Some
    6. The End
    7. Gonna See My Friend
    8. Speed of Sound 
    9. The Fixer
    10. Supersonic
    11. Johnny Guitar
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,416
    2 Just Breathe -
    8 Amongst the Waves +
    16 - Unthought Known 
    10 Force of Nature -

Eliminated
    5. Got Some
    6. The End
    7. Gonna See My Friend
    8. Speed of Sound 
    9. The Fixer
    10. Supersonic
    11. Johnny Guitar
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    edited April 2020
    1 Just Breathe -
    8 Amongst the Waves 
    15 - Unthought Known -
    11 Force of Nature +

Eliminated
    5. Got Some
    6. The End
    7. Gonna See My Friend
    8. Speed of Sound 
    9. The Fixer
    10. Supersonic
    11. Johnny Guitar
    edited April 2020
    0 Just Breathe - Sorry Mcgruff! Hey Macarena!
    7 Amongst the Waves -
    15 - Unthought Known 
    12 Force of Nature +

Eliminated
    5. Got Some
    6. The End
    7. Gonna See My Friend
    8. Speed of Sound 
    9. The Fixer
    10. Supersonic
    11. Johnny Guitar
    Post edited by PJNB on