4 -  Gonna See My Friend
    13 – Got Some +
    8 - Just Breathe 
    11-  Amongst the Waves 
    14 - Unthought Known 
    1- Speed of Sound -
    15 - Force of Nature 
    1 - The End -
    I'm surprised you aren't a fan of speed of sound.  A very underrated song imo.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • rummyrummy Posts: 4,436
    rummy said:
    Just curious: Is the 30-minute wait time being observed?
    Oh sorry , I thought it was 6hours/6 posters rule. 

Okey okey
    We were considering adding in that change but whatever. Just trying to reduce some chaos. No worries.

Maybe we can insist upon it during the finals.
  • RE658041RE658041 Posts: 406
    2 -  Gonna See My Friend  
    12 – Got Some -
    7  - Just Breathe 
    10-  Amongst the Waves +
    15 - Unthought Known 
    0 - Speed of Sound -
    15 - Force of Nature 
     2 - The End 

Eliminated

9. The Fixer
    10. Supersonic
    11. Johnny Guitar

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,154
    mcgruff10 said:
    4 -  Gonna See My Friend
    13 – Got Some +
    8 - Just Breathe 
    11-  Amongst the Waves 
    14 - Unthought Known 
    1- Speed of Sound -
    15 - Force of Nature 
    1 - The End -
    I'm surprised you aren't a fan of speed of sound.  A very underrated song imo.
    I love the demo that was released ahead of the album.

Can't stand the drums added to the studio version. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JV267526JV267526 Posts: 199
    1 -  Gonna See My Friend  -
    11 – Got Some -
    8  - Just Breathe +
    10-  Amongst the Waves 
    15 - Unthought Known 
    15 - Force of Nature 
     2 - The End 

Eliminated

8. Speed of Sound 
    9. The Fixer
    10. Supersonic
    11. Johnny Guitar
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    edited April 2020
    The End brought my wife and I to tears the other night thinking about her brother who passed away recently, leaving behind a wife and two teenage children. Powerful song... if you could imagine being that person... who only wanted to grow old and took all the blame for the sickness in their bones. 😔

No artists lyrics have ever resonated with me like Ed’s. And it didn’t resonate in 2009... lost a couple of people in life and the song takes on all new meaning... beautiful.

I heard The End, in Prague, 2 years ago and was amazed how powerful it was. I do not  love the studio version but hearing it live was so emotional. Sorry to hear about your brother in law. That is way too young for someone to go especially with children at that age. 

Numerous songs have done the same as you mentioned above to me as well over time. Having kids, losing loved ones, these things make us look at the world differently and as a result I think we look at songs and lyrics differently too. We have 3 children now so Smile means a lot to us. 3 crooked hearts reminds me of them every time I hear that lyric. DOTC my 4 year old runs in the room when he hears that song playing and sings the whole thing while dancing around. When I hear that song live thats what I am going to be thinking about with a lot of smiling and emotions. 
  • 0 -  Gonna See My Friend  -
    10 – Got Some -
    8  - Just Breathe 
    10-  Amongst the Waves 
    15 - Unthought Known 
    15 - Force of Nature 
    3 - The End +

Eliminated

8. Speed of Sound 
    9. The Fixer
    10. Supersonic
    11. Johnny Guitar
    5-28-06
    6-20-08
    10-27-09
    10-28-09
    5-21-10
    4-28-16
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,099
    8 – Gonna See My Friend 
    11 – Got Some 
    4 The Fixer 
    9 – Just Breathe
    12 – Amongst the Waves 
    13 Unthought Known
    7 – Supersonic -
    8 – Speed of Sound +
    12 – Force of Nature
    8 – The End -

Eliminated

11. Johnny Guitar
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder
    tino_11 said:
    8 – Gonna See My Friend 
    11 – Got Some 
    4 The Fixer 
    9 – Just Breathe
    12 – Amongst the Waves 
    13 Unthought Known
    7 – Supersonic -
    8 – Speed of Sound +
    12 – Force of Nature
    8 – The End -

Eliminated

11. Johnny Guitar
    We are on page 4!

@tino_11
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,397
    Moving forward: Christmas singles...do we have enough songs for a soundtrack round?  State, breath, hti, moth
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,416

11 – Got Some +
    7 - Just Breathe -
    10-  Amongst the Waves 
    15 - Unthought Known 
    14 - Force of Nature -
    3 - The End 

Eliminated
    7. Gonna See My Friend
    8. Speed of Sound 
    9. The Fixer
    10. Supersonic
    11. Johnny Guitar
  • 10 – Got Some -
    7 - Just Breathe 
    10-  Amongst the Waves 
    15 - Unthought Known 
    13 - Force of Nature -
    4 - The End +

Eliminated
    7. Gonna See My Friend
    8. Speed of Sound 
    9. The Fixer
    10. Supersonic
    11. Johnny Guitar
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side.
    I am right by your side.
  • rummyrummy Posts: 4,436
    edited April 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    Moving forward: Christmas singles...do we have enough songs for a soundtrack round?  State, breath, hti, moth
    Oh there’s more than enough material. 
    My plan is to do three rounds for all of the non-album tracks. Doing by era, however, as opposed to grouping b-sides, soundtrack songs, Xmas singles, etc.
    Post edited by rummy on
    edited April 2020
    nvm, ill wait so its actually 30 min.

ID BE JUST LIKE LEO
    IN SAINT TROPEZ
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited April 2020
    nvm
    PJNB said:
    tino_11 said:
    8 – Gonna See My Friend 
    11 – Got Some 
    4 The Fixer 
    9 – Just Breathe
    12 – Amongst the Waves 
    13 Unthought Known
    7 – Supersonic -
    8 – Speed of Sound +
    12 – Force of Nature
    8 – The End -

Eliminated

11. Johnny Guitar
    We are on page 4!

@tino_11
    Whoops, sorry! Haha
    edited April 2020
    10 – Got Some 
    8 - Just Breathe +
    10-  Amongst the Waves 
    15 - Unthought Known 
    12 - Force of Nature -
    3 - The End -

Eliminated
    7. Gonna See My Friend
    8. Speed of Sound 
    9. The Fixer
    10. Supersonic
    11. Johnny Guitar

tino_11 said:
    PJNB said:
    tino_11 said:
    8 – Gonna See My Friend 
    11 – Got Some 
    4 The Fixer 
    9 – Just Breathe
    12 – Amongst the Waves 
    13 Unthought Known
    7 – Supersonic -
    8 – Speed of Sound +
    12 – Force of Nature
    8 – The End -

Eliminated

11. Johnny Guitar
    We are on page 4!

@tino_11
    Whoops, sorry! Haha

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited April 2020
    PJNB said:
    The End brought my wife and I to tears the other night thinking about her brother who passed away recently, leaving behind a wife and two teenage children. Powerful song... if you could imagine being that person... who only wanted to grow old and took all the blame for the sickness in their bones. 😔

No artists lyrics have ever resonated with me like Ed’s. And it didn’t resonate in 2009... lost a couple of people in life and the song takes on all new meaning... beautiful.

I heard The End, in Prague, 2 years ago and was amazed how powerful it was. I do not  love the studio version but hearing it live was so emotional. Sorry to hear about your brother in law. That is way too young for someone to go especially with children at that age. 

Numerous songs have done the same as you mentioned above to me as well over time. Having kids, losing loved ones, these things make us look at the world differently and as a result I think we look at songs and lyrics differently too. We have 3 children now so Smile means a lot to us. 3 crooked hearts reminds me of them every time I hear that lyric. DOTC my 4 year old runs in the room when he hears that song playing and sings the whole thing while dancing around. When I hear that song live thats what I am going to be thinking about with a lot of smiling and emotions. 
    I was at that show as well. Played The End right after Man of the Hour, which was played at my Dad’s funeral a few years ago and it was the first time I had seen it live. 
    I was in tears in GA for two whole songs. One guy I met and told him I was hoping for MOTH and when The End started he goes “They are trying to kill you man!”

Prague is in my top 3 shows.... just amazing

That Prague show was great!

I officially prefer Backspacer to Avacado. I think I hate myself!
    PJNB said:

I was at that show as well. Played The End right after Man of the Hour, which was played at my Dad’s funeral a few years ago and it was the first time I had seen it live. 
    I was in tears in GA for two whole songs. One guy I met and told him I was hoping for MOTH and when The End started he goes “They are trying to kill you man!”

Ya it was quite the one two combo for sure. Could you imagine they came out with Comeback next? 
  • PJNB said:

Love these stories.

By the way, where does your signature quote come from? Sounds like something Ed would say during a show.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side.
    I am right by your side.
  • Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 971
    edited April 2020
    9 – Got Some -
    8 - Just Breathe 
    11 - Amongst the Waves +
    15 - Unthought Known 
    11 -Force of Nature -
    3 - The End 

Eliminated
    7. Gonna See My Friend
    8. Speed of Sound 
    9. The Fixer
    10. Supersonic
    11. Johnny Guitar
    Post edited by Sobelberg8 on
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
    edited April 2020
    9 – Got Some
    8 - Just Breathe 
    10 - Amongst the Waves -
    15 - Unthought Known 
    12  -Force of Nature +
    2 - The End -

Eliminated
    7. Gonna See My Friend
    8. Speed of Sound 
    9. The Fixer
    10. Supersonic
    11. Johnny Guitar
  • rylanrylan Posts: 230
    9 – Got Some
    8 - Just Breathe 
    10 - Amongst the Waves -
    15 - Unthought Known 
    12 -Force of Nature +
    2 - The End -

Eliminated
    7. Gonna See My Friend
    8. Speed of Sound 
    9. The Fixer
    10. Supersonic