Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

1335336337338339341»

Comments

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin LouisPosts: 20,058
    Biden
    i see trump is still doing his job as hater in chief.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via ChicagoPosts: 6,529
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    Would you vote for Biden if it's never proven to be true?

Not proven to be false. Just never proven to be true.
    I'm not voting for Biden either way 
    What would it take to get you to vote for Biden?
    Pick Jared Polis as VP? The Democrats this cycle, Biden included, haven't really focused on issues that I look to them for - less militarism, criminal justice reform, drug policy. There's been much more of a focus on stuff I disagree with - government run health care to varying degrees, student loan forgiveness, etc. A lot of stuff that I think is bad economic policy.
    Thx for thoughtful answer.

What would it take to get you to vote for Trump?
    I can't think of anything that could get me to vote for Trump
    Seems like voting voting Biden is the logical option for you then.  Voting D obviously gets the country closer to where you want it to be.  It may not be the perfect option, but it's a compromise. And that's what our government is built on. 

What would it take for you not to 'sit this one out'?

I don't understand why any citizen would do that.
    I only picked sitting out because there was no Libertarian option. If Amash runs and gets the nomination, easy one for me. If it's Jim Gray, I'd vote for him but not be terribly passionate. The rest of the field is no bueno and I'm back to sitting out.

Biden doesn't bring anything to the table for me, like I said. My support would be about Polis, which is not a thing that's going to happen. I could have similarly explained all the ways Republicans have drifted away from the things I relied on them for, but I'm pretty sure no one around here is interested in that.
    🙄

The US government is a two-party system.  Our checks and balances lie in the three branches of government. We are not a multi-party system. Voting libertarian represents a fundamental misunderstanding of how our government functions. 
    I should have listened to @JW269453
    Seriously, this kind of shortsightedness has cost 2 supreme court justice seats, and countless federal judge appointments.
    These are lifetime appointments that will take a generation to fix.  
    Because people with your Veruca Salt mentality would rather cut their nose off to spite their face.  
    Lifetime appointments that will side in favor of more militarism, no criminal justice reform, no drug policy reform.  You get nothing.
    Fundamental lack of understanding of how our government functions.  Enjoy your shit sandwich.  
    shit sandwich
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    CM189191 said:
    myoung321 said:
    Biden or Trump...honesty, whats the difference?..  Yeah I'm in that kinda mood today! hahaha 

Will either help and fight for workers? NO...

Will either push for an improved healthcare system that covers all Americans? NO......

Will both continue bailouts for Corporations? Yes....

Will either enact policies and taxes that will help rise up and give security to the lower and middle class? NO...

Will either fight to reverse their own parties policies of the last 50 years to fix the problems caused by letting corporations dictate law through a corrupt system?  NO......

Will either break up the big monopolies that have been allowed to form once again? No.....(How many times must we learn this lesson?)

So then what's the difference between the two?  A big D or R next to their names?  GO TEAM!!!! 

One is the village idiot and the other is a plagiarizing life long politician with a clear record of not helping anyone but the donor class and his own career ...  not just Biden.. Since pandemic both Hillary Clinton and Pelosi both have yelled "OPEN THE OBAMACARE EXCHANGES!
    (That worse than "Let them eat cake" its more like....  "Let them buy cake" )

I know I'll get yelled at... But it's TRUMP... but But but..I know.. I hate him too....  

Bottom line... A real leader is either going to fight for the people, some even willing to give their lives in that pursuit. or they're aren't and are part of the broke system. ... right now in American history I don't see anyone fighting for the people..  

So yeah I'll vote Biden.. then go home and wash my hands a bunch of times to try to wash the dirty feeling away...

WE NEED A 3rd PARTY!!!!!!!  

....sigh....

The US isn't set up to be a multiparty system.  The checks and balances are in the 3 branches of government.  There will never ever ever be a viable 3rd party option, or 3 party system of government here. 

The last election cost us 2 Supreme Court seats and countless lifetime appointments to federal judges.  This will now take an entire generation to undo.  

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 25,723
    Biden
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    myoung321 said:
    Biden or Trump...honesty, whats the difference?..  Yeah I'm in that kinda mood today! hahaha 

Will either push for an improved healthcare system that covers all Americans? NO......

Will either enact policies and taxes that will help rise up and give security to the lower and middle class? NO...

Will either fight to reverse their own parties policies of the last 50 years to fix the problems caused by letting corporations dictate law through a corrupt system?  NO......

Will either break up the big monopolies that have been allowed to form once again? No.....(How many times must we learn this lesson?)

So then what's the difference between the two?  A big D or R next to their names?  GO TEAM!!!! 

One is the village idiot and the other is a plagiarizing life long politician with a clear record of not helping anyone but the donor class and his own career ...  not just Biden.. Since pandemic both Hillary Clinton and Pelosi both have yelled "OPEN THE OBAMACARE EXCHANGES!

I know I'll get yelled at... But it's TRUMP... but But but..I know.. I hate him too....  

Bottom line... A real leader is either going to fight for the people, some even willing to give their lives in that pursuit. or they're aren't and are part of the broke system. ... right now in American history I don't see anyone fighting for the people..  

So yeah I'll vote Biden.. then go home and wash my hands a bunch of times to try to wash the dirty feeling away...

....sigh....

The US isn't set up to be a multiparty system.  The checks and balances are in the 3 branches of government.  There will never ever ever be a viable 3rd party option, or 3 party system of government here. 

The last election cost us 2 Supreme Court seats and countless lifetime appointments to federal judges.  This will now take an entire generation to undo.  

Absolutely correct.  The only solutions are winning local elections to protect states in teh short term and federal elections to create a federal 'choice' law, federal marriage law, etc.  The supremacy clause is well established (for now) so hopefully there isn't a way that a state could circumvent the fed. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 37,641
    Biden
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    myoung321 said:

....sigh....

"There will never ever ever be a viable 3rd party option..." 
    If there has been in the past- Millard Fillmore was elected president and was a member of the Whig party- how can we know there will "never ever" be a third party? 

"I believe in the mystery, and I don't want to take it any further than that. Maybe what I mean by that is love."
    -John Densmore

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 25,723
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    myoung321 said:

....sigh....

If there has been in the past- Millard Fillmore was elected president and was a member of the Whig party- how can we know there will "never ever" be a third party? 

The Whigs were one of the two major parties.  There was no R party.  It was D and Whig, along with Free Soil party (which received 0 EC votes).  If you want to see what a 2+ party system looks like, look at the election of 1824.  That led to the "corrupt bargain". 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon WinnipegPosts: 32,330
    Biden
    come to canada! we have a six party system! and one of them only represents one province! nothing gets done, and that's how we like it! LOL
    I think I'll move to Australia

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MNPosts: 4,319
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    myoung321 said:

....sigh....

The Whigs were one of the two major parties.  There was no R party.  It was D and Whig, along with Free Soil party (which received 0 EC votes).  If you want to see what a 2+ party system looks like, look at the election of 1824.  That led to the "corrupt bargain". 
    Yep. The two-party system stinks but the electoral college would probably render a third (or more) significant party even worse...at the presidential level, at least. Sure, seven competitive parties sounds great, but we'd never see an electoral college majority.
    1995 Milwaukee
    1998 Alpine, Alpine
    2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston
    2004 Boston, Boston
    2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)
    2011 Alpine, Alpine
    2013 Wrigley
    2014 St. Paul
    2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley
    2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley
    2021 Asbury Park
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 4,849
    edited June 27
    come to canada! we have a six party system! and one of them only represents one province! nothing gets done, and that's how we like it! LOL

I don’t think they’d let many PJ fans in, as most of us are well over 45. Heck, I’m between Ed and Mike, so no way a wealthy country like Canada is letting me in. Wish I knew that when I was younger, I could have moved to maybe Ottawa, or perhaps Perth. I really like the warmer climate, but the chance to live in Metropolis Noir speaks to me ;) 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 37,641
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    myoung321 said:

....sigh....

Well OK, then.  I'm a little more educated today, thanks! :smile:
    "I believe in the mystery, and I don't want to take it any further than that. Maybe what I mean by that is love."
    -John Densmore

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon WinnipegPosts: 32,330
    Biden

I don’t think they’d let many PJ fans in, as most of us are well over 45. Heck, I’m between Ed and Mike, so no way a wealthy country like Canada is letting me in. Wish I knew that when I was younger, I could have moved to maybe Ottawa, or perhaps Perth. I really like the warmer climate, but the chance to live in Metropolis Noir speaks to me ;) 
    Winnipeg is really nice no time of year! and it's flat AF! you can see saskatchewan from yer house! 
    I think I'll move to Australia

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MNPosts: 4,319
    Biden

I looked into it in 2016 when I was (slightly) short of 45. It would have been really difficult for someone my age with education but no particularly special skills (my wife, a social worker would have maybe had a slightly better shot). I honestly don't know if we'd have done it if moving to Toronto was roughly as easy as moving to Nashville but it was disheartening to know that it wasn't really an option.
    1995 Milwaukee
    1998 Alpine, Alpine
    2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston
    2004 Boston, Boston
    2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)
    2011 Alpine, Alpine
    2013 Wrigley
    2014 St. Paul
    2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley
    2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley
    2021 Asbury Park
    CM189191 said:

....sigh....

CM189191 said:
    Seriously, this kind of shortsightedness has cost 2 supreme court justice seats, and countless federal judge appointments.
    These are lifetime appointments that will take a generation to fix.  
    Because people with your Veruca Salt mentality would rather cut their nose off to spite their face.  
    Lifetime appointments that will side in favor of more militarism, no criminal justice reform, no drug policy reform.  You get nothing.
    Fundamental lack of understanding of how our government functions.  Enjoy your shit sandwich.  
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 25,715
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14