Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    Biden
    Ok so if some of the cultist Republicans decide to protest the EC can they overturn the results? What can the Democrats do about it that day? 
    Folks, I would just stop worrying about this. Don't even think about about January 6th. It's over .It's done. January 20th at noon, Biden is president. That's it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Biden
    Ok so if some of the cultist Republicans decide to protest the EC can they overturn the results? What can the Democrats do about it that day? 
    Folks, I would just stop worrying about this. Don't even think about about January 6th. It's over .It's done. January 20th at noon, Biden is president. That's it. 
    i'm not worried. it's a matter of curiosity. is there anything in the constitution that allows for enough objections by those in congress to prompt some sort of state recount; that's the part I do remember about what these folks are saying; because republicans have more votes in the house, they would choose the president if congress can't choose. or something like that. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,592
    Biden
    I didn't read the whole thing, but the answer to the question is a resounding NO!  
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    I didn't read the whole thing, but the answer to the question is a resounding NO!  
    like i said in the other thread, there is a provision that allows for it, but it is extremely, extremely unlikely. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    like i said in the other thread, there is a provision that allows for it, but it is extremely, extremely unlikely. 
    What provision?  There are several things that would have to happen to give the VP a tie breaking vote for a disputed election.  One of them is that the House would have to have the same vote.  That's not happening. 
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    What provision?  There are several things that would have to happen to give the VP a tie breaking vote for a disputed election.  One of them is that the House would have to have the same vote.  That's not happening. 
    i know it's not. my question wasn't whether it was likely, just if it's possible, which it is, however minute. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    i know it's not. my question wasn't whether it was likely, just if it's possible, which it is, however minute. 
    Yes, the Constitution allows for Congress to settle a disputed election.  it happened in 1824 when Andrew Jackson lost to JQA in what is known as "the corrupt bargain".  But the premise of the statement that the the election is "up to Mike Pence now" is absolutely false. 
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yes, the Constitution allows for Congress to settle a disputed election.  it happened in 1824 when Andrew Jackson lost to JQA in what is known as "the corrupt bargain".  But the premise of the statement that the the election is "up to Mike Pence now" is absolutely false. 
    yes, my question was obviously stated poorly, in that i couldn't remember the details of how it worked. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    yes, my question was obviously stated poorly, in that i couldn't remember the details of how it worked. 
    I don't recall your question, but the headline of the article is what  reacted to.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,807
    edited December 2020
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I don't recall your question, but the headline of the article is what  reacted to.

On that link, I disagree with the confidence that a Senator will not object to the certification. Tommy "I can't name all three branches" Tuberville has indicated that he might. After that, though, it's difficult for even me to imagine that BOTH houses would vote to uphold the objection, particularly since the House is majority Dem.  Given Moscow Mitch's recent statement, I'm at the point at which I don't even think the Senate will go with Trump (Though it's possible with the base making so clear that you're either with Trump or you're done; notice how much Loeffler is pushing Trump these days). As this link indicates, the righties on Twitter, etc. are wishful-thinking themselves into the ideas that 1) Pence can basically refuse to let Biden win and 2) the state house votes are delegations, as opposed to individuals (because the former is under the "nobody gets 270" scenario and we've officially cleared that hurdle).

My guess is that Mitch weighed the negative impact to the GOP of not backing Trump to the bitter end vs. making the legacy of trying to bring about authoritarianism and decided that since it's extremely unlikely this is flipping, it's better to try to water down the "coup" memories with some "reasonableness."

If the GOP still had the House?  This would be a serious threat.

Post edited by OnWis97 on
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

On that link, I disagree with the confidence that a Senator will not object to the certification. Tommy "I can't name all three branches" Tuberville has indicated that he might. After that, though, it's difficult for even me to imagine that BOTH houses would vote to uphold the objection, particularly since the House is majority Dem.  Given Moscow Mitch's recent statement, I'm at the point at which I don't even think the Senate will go with Trump (Though it's possible with the base making so clear that you're either with Trump or you're done; notice how much Loeffler is pushing Trump these days). As this link indicates, the righties on Twitter, etc. are wishful-thinking themselves into the ideas that 1) Pence can basically refuse to let Biden win and 2) the state house votes are delegations, as opposed to individuals (because the former is under the "nobody gets 270" scenario and we've officially cleared that hurdle).

My guess is that Mitch weighed the negative impact to the GOP of not backing Trump to the bitter end vs. making the legacy of trying to bring about authoritarianism and decided that since it's extremely unlikely this is flipping, it's better to try to water down the "coup" memories with some "reasonableness."

If the GOP still had the House?  This would be a serious threat.

Agreed, if the GOP held the House, I'd be more concerned.  And I would not be surprised if Tuberville or  someone like that objected, but that would be a dead end in the Senate for him week one, brining down the wrath of Mitch regarding the committees.  I think that vote would benefit Democrats in the long run, putting people on record and creating division in the caucus.  I kind of hope it happens, to be honest.  But it's a dead end in the House, which makes it a dead end. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,293
    Biden
    https://news.yahoo.com/mike-pence-confirm-biden-then-140043658.html

‘I suspect the timing is anything but coincidental,’ said one ally of the vice president.......

article about pence basically certifying biden as president on jan 6 then promptly going on an overseas trip......

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Biden
    i feel like the republicans are hoping for a hail mary for trump like many of us were hoping for one for hillary. and so many of them are hoping so badly they really believe it's going to happen. i see people all over twitter saying confidently "biden is NOT going to be inaugurated". maybe they're just trying to convince themselves. i don't know. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Biden
    i feel like the republicans are hoping for a hail mary for trump like many of us were hoping for one for hillary. and so many of them are hoping so badly they really believe it's going to happen. i see people all over twitter saying confidently "biden is NOT going to be inaugurated". maybe they're just trying to convince themselves. i don't know. 
    They're delusional.  They are the ones that predicted Trump would win based on boat rallies and yard signs. 
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    They're delusional.  They are the ones that predicted Trump would win based on boat rallies and yard signs. 
    Haha exactly. I mean I was wishing the results weren't what they were four years ago, but I didn't believe the result was incorrect. We just knew we had to work harder. Non-Hard-R-Solely-Trump voters will fade away unless Kid Rock decides to run.
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    Saw my first Blue MAGA moment at work. One of the contractors foremen that is a big Dem/Biden supporter came into the qc/safety office with a trump toilet brush.  He made some jokes about trump and shit.  One of the safety guys showed him a trump keychain and said hey the office isn’t the place for politics.  At lunch anti trump toilet brush guy came back in the office and threatened to cut the other guys throat and said he killed better men in nam.  Anyways they threw the anti trump guy off the site for good for making a death threat...someone better heal the soul of the nation soon.
    WTF! He killed better men in Nam?  How old are these people?  What a crazy situation. 
    Lol guy was a blue dog dem. Definitely a boomer.  The accosted trump supporter was like a 26 year old site safety guy.  It was crazy
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,188
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    And wayside rest and travel station bathroom stall graffiti. I'm going to have to keep seeing that fuckers name scratched on bathroom stall doors and toilet paper roll dispensers for years. So many stupid people out there.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    Saw my first Blue MAGA moment at work. One of the contractors foremen that is a big Dem/Biden supporter came into the qc/safety office with a trump toilet brush.  He made some jokes about trump and shit.  One of the safety guys showed him a trump keychain and said hey the office isn’t the place for politics.  At lunch anti trump toilet brush guy came back in the office and threatened to cut the other guys throat and said he killed better men in nam.  Anyways they threw the anti trump guy off the site for good for making a death threat...someone better heal the soul of the nation soon.
    WTF! He killed better men in Nam?  How old are these people?  What a crazy situation. 
    Lol guy was a blue dog dem. Definitely a boomer.  The accosted trump supporter was like a 26 year old site safety guy.  It was crazy
    Dude went all Walter Sobchak on his ass.
    Biden
    Hobbes said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    https://youtu.be/19mnzmf4rMQ
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/1339942641488842754?s=21
    Damn it feels like we’re never going to get him out onto the streets, this lame duck period is way too long! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/1339942641488842754?s=21
    Damn it feels like we’re never going to get him out onto the streets, this lame duck period is way too long! 
    What are they hiding?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    Haha exactly. I mean I was wishing the results weren't what they were four years ago, but I didn't believe the result was incorrect. We just knew we had to work harder. Non-Hard-R-Solely-Trump voters will fade away unless Kid Rock decides to run.
    i remember holding out hope that the EC would do something nefarious and vote clinton. and then all the hope we got from the mueller investigation. and the impeachment. the first 3 years of his presidency, many of us held out hope "ok, this one is it, he CAN'T survive this one". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    i remember holding out hope that the EC would do something nefarious and vote clinton. and then all the hope we got from the mueller investigation. and the impeachment. the first 3 years of his presidency, many of us held out hope "ok, this one is it, he CAN'T survive this one". 
    Haha, right. I always thought I was an "informed voter" up until 4 years ago. What I've realized since then is 1) if "rules" or "laws" really mattered then science would dominate the day 2) "rules" and "laws" are horseshit, and since human civilization is the greatest threat to anything, to fight for whatever it is you believe in because it can totally be made to be the rule if you get enough people (even if they're idiots) behind it 3) Empathy should be what dictates government.
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    it's been fucking relentless.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    Hobbes said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    🤣
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    https://twitter.com/realscapper/status/1340186852943388674?s=21
    Now he’s calling for his cult to take to the streets of DC on in January, I hope folks opposing him stay away as to not clash with the Covidiot’s 
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Biden
    https://twitter.com/realscapper/status/1340186852943388674?s=21
    Now he’s calling for his cult to take to the streets of DC on in January, I hope folks opposing him stay away as to not clash with the Covidiot’s 
    good luck with getting arrested is what I say.  DC cops don't play.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Sleepy Woke Joe Basement Biden’s second official act, at 12:02 p.m. on 1/20/2021 should be to pardon every member of ANTIIIIIIIIFA, and any other radical leftist BLM or George Floyd or CHOP protestor/occupier. Blanket Immunity. Except for the Proud Boy, white supremacists. They should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Maybe in secret? At GITMO.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    https://twitter.com/stop_trump20/status/1343194458414788608?s=21
    Republicans getting desperate looking for votes everywhere lol