Please stop promoting New Merch! during a pandemic... bad taste.

davidosdavidos Posts: 480
edited March 2020 in The Porch
People are dying, losing their jobs, getting sick, scared, etc.... maybe layoff the New Merch! promos on social media? I know it's an easy way to make a buck but other bands (Dead & Co. & Phish) are hosting free concerts (videos) and some sending positive messages (Brian May/Queen).

More McCready from the crapper and less shameless promo for Tiny Concert stickers! and new t-shirts pls!
Post edited by davidos on

Comments

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,355
    People will bitch about anything...

Exhibit A - look up 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • davidosdavidos Posts: 480
    edited March 2020

Exhibit A - look up 
    It should say... "People will buy anything"... 
    Post edited by davidos on
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,154
    edited March 2020
    This is how you do it:

https://youtu.be/PuUtqMN4790

(But selling merch at the same time is okey)
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 832
    Yes, we don't need any escape...let's just live in a pool of negativity all the time.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,355
    davidos said:

Exhibit A - look up 
    Let me guess... you've got some stickers on the way?
    Hahaha, actually no.  Wanted to but thought best not to buy at the moment. ;)

I don;t have a problem with it, though do wish they'd announce something specific to the pandemic and good works.  But they have always led the way in helping out where it's needed, so I just trust that they are doing what is right.  They usually do.
    hippiemom = goodness

davidos said:

Exhibit A - look up 
    Let me guess... you've got some stickers on the way?
    Hahaha, actually no.  Wanted to but thought best not to buy at the moment. ;)

I don;t have a problem with it, though do wish they'd announce something specific to the pandemic and good works.  But they have always led the way in helping out where it's needed, so I just trust that they are doing what is right.  They usually do.
    Well said... I wish they would announce something specific too... 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838

This band canceled shows before it was popular to cancel events due to COVID.  So, I'm glad they took the unpopular step at the time for ours and theirs health and safety.  If they want to sell a shirt and sticker pack all the more too them, but their priorities have always been in the right place and they proved it earlier this month.

• SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 1,011
    Okay, im sick of the pointless bitching. 1 week ago we were telling indie bands to put all of their merch online so we can support them in this trying time. No we are bitching because its in poor taste. 

Pick an argument and stick to it. 

Or better yet, don't argue at all. 
    Okay, im sick of the pointless bitching. 1 week ago we were telling indie bands to put all of their merch online so we can support them in this trying time. No we are bitching because its in poor taste. 

Pick an argument and stick to it. 

Or better yet, don't argue at all. 

I know I'm bitching... The indie guys need the $$$... these guys don't.
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,816
    Who knows how much cost they incurred postponing the last tour and they have a crew and employees to LLI our for.
    They also have a stockpile of tshirts and stickers and pins and need to move it. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    They also have a stockpile of tshirts and stickers and pins and need to move it. 
    I get it... why not donate the proceeds to education, first responders, vitalogy foundation, etc...
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398

This band canceled shows before it was popular to cancel events due to COVID.  So, I'm glad they took the unpopular step at the time for ours and theirs health and safety.  If they want to sell a shirt and sticker pack all the more too them, but their priorities have always been in the right place and they proved it earlier this month.

+1
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    davidos said:
    I get it... why not donate the proceeds to education, first responders, vitalogy foundation, etc...
    There are others besides the band members who benefit from the sale of these items and rely upon it for their income.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • jesselmsjesselms Posts: 41
    This is ridiculous. Go have a cry elsewhere. 
  • Peacefrog1975Peacefrog1975 Posts: 730
    edited March 2020
    Stop all the complaining, we are fans on this site! 
    Post edited by Peacefrog1975 on
  • JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    I'm not sure how the Ten Club is still shipping items. Washington State is only allowing essential businesses to remain open. If they are shipping items, they are doing it illegally.

They did the right thing on the tour... wouldn't say it was unpopular. They had no choice. They have every right to sell stickers etc. My point is blasting it out on social media is a little tone deaf. New Merch!
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,900
    JB16057 said:
    I'm not sure how the Ten Club is still shipping items. Washington State is only allowing essential businesses to remain open. If they are shipping items, they are doing it illegally.
    Pearl Jam is essential. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,032
    JB16057 said:
    They aren’t open to the public so there is nothing to close. Businesses can stay open to fulfill online orders. 
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    They are free to offer items for sale and people are free to purchase or not.  I'm concerned about health, etc., but still try to enjoy myself as well.  I still wear colorful shirts.  Listen and watch things other than the news.  Eat things that aren't bland.  Buy things for personal enjoyment beyond absolute necessity.  The band is a business.  It is probably taking a hit.  They can offer what they want.  Nobody should stop them.  They can do what they want.  I think they have helped other people more than most over the years.  
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 178
    Bloody Puritan snowflakes spoiling our fun.

what next - no listening to “Just Breathe” or “Breath” as its insensitive?

• rival9500rival9500 Posts: 570
    edited March 2020
    Blue Gigaton variant please!
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,900
    rival9500 said:
    Blue Gigaton varient please!
    YES!
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
    edited March 2020
    Stop all the complaining, we are fans on this site! 
    Part of being a fan is to have the right to criticize. 

Being a fan isn't the same as roleplaying north korea.
  • KatKat Posts: 4,840
    There are people placing orders and the Ten Club staff will do their best to fulfill the orders and do it safely. I'm sorry it upsets you. Take good care of each other and be safe. Big hugs.
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.