Non-Essential Businesses Closing in some states: Will 10Club be able to ship Gigaton this week?

DrdealDrdeal Posts: 695
Santos,
     First off; Please stay safe and healthy.  Please advise on the current state of 10 Club's staying open or closing. I live in NJ where we are under a "Shelter in Place" rule and all non-essential businesses are temporarily closed. I am hoping to receive my Gigaton LP from 10 Club this Friday ; but would not be surprised if you guys can not be open at present.

Thanks,  Andrew

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    edited March 2020
    Who knows.  Download it.  Listen to it.  Enjoy it.  Someday the vinyl will come and it will sound the same. 
  • KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,071
    If it doesn’t come, it’s because it couldn’t. Pay $10 to hear the album on itunes or google until then. I’m sure ten club will do what they can to get albums out.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,187
    Yeah, I'll stream it and when the record gets here it gets here
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,154
    edited March 2020
    Give a free MP3 download to anyone who bought the vinyl/CD and let us have that
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Pearl Jam should put the Gigaton movie on Netflix 3/27 or on their website.I know it’s for the Atmos listening experience, but I don’t think too many will go see it in theaters after it drops.
  • KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,071
    They should be doing that anyway for vinyl purchases 
  • EarlWelshEarlWelsh Posts: 1,118
    KN219077 said:
    They should be doing that anyway for vinyl purchases 
    it’s the reason I won’t buy this album from the band for that price
  • If the album magically arrives on 3/27, the $6 shipping fee was worth it.
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    That works...  add download with vinyl or cd bundle purchases. Kinda should have been there already.  =)
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• ZodZod Posts: 10,525
    I'd rather they stay safe.  We can all listen to it via digital until it shows up in the mail.
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,333
    edited March 2020
    I'm pretty sure I heard the Governor declare the 10-club staff essential workers!
    Post edited by mr bungle on
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    Zod said:
    I'd rather they stay safe.  We can all listen to it via digital until it shows up in the mail.
    I agree, but if they can get it out safely if would be a nice boost in moral (for me anyway) as something positive to look forward to. A nice glass of bourbon and new PJ on vinyl goes a long way for some of us. Either way, I’m looking forward to listening to it Friday. 😃
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    mr bungle said:
    I'm pretty sure I heard the Governor declare the 10-club staff essential workers!
    🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    I have a gallon of antibacterial cleaner to douse the packages once they arrive. 
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    I have a gallon of antibacterial cleaner to douse the packages once they arrive. 
    It's going to sit in garage for at least 2 days... like all mail now..

• HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    myoung321 said:
    That’s not a bad idea. 
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Idc if it takes til May.   No one should be working right now
    edited March 2020
    myoung321 said:
    That’s not a bad idea. 
    Not worried about anything coming from Seattle, that's crazy...... more like local carriers.  no pun intended  :)

• hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    Don't worry. Santos lives at the warehouse. He sleeps on stacks of Missing Link posters, and uses sewn together set list shirts as his blankets. 
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    hihobibo said:
    Don't worry. Santos lives at the warehouse. He sleeps on stacks of Missing Link posters, and uses sewn together set list shirts as his blankets. 
    With a Benny as a pillow.  :smiley: 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 832
    deadendp said:
    hihobibo said:
    With a Benny as a pillow.  :smiley: 
    Rests his head on a pillow made of Bennys oh yeah
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,687
    🙄
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352
    Seriously, though, how hard would it be to provide an update about this to their paying customers?  If the CDs and/or LPs haven't gone out by now, there's no reasonable expectation they'll arrive by Friday.  Shouldn't consumers be advised of this?

Apologies if there was a notice or update given elsewhere that I missed.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,948
    BF25394 said:
    Seriously, though, how hard would it be to provide an update about this to their paying customers?  If the CDs and/or LPs haven't gone out by now, there's no reasonable expectation they'll arrive by Friday.  Shouldn't consumers be advised of this?

Did the ten club guarantee the albums would arrive on release day?

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    BF25394 said:

Did the ten club guarantee the albums would arrive on release day?

Of course they wanted them to be in the hands of members on the release date. However, under the circumstances, I'm sure most will understand if there are delays..

• JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    The Ten Club doesn't believe in communication. This is nothing new and whether there was a pandemic or not, they still don't care to communicate with their customers. If the orders haven't gone out the door by now, they most likely will not make it by release date but much like other situations, a simple line of communication would make a huge difference. They didn't guarantee that the new album would be in hands on or before March 27 but you'd still think they'd want to let customers know where things stand.
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    edited March 2020
    I’m sorry. I have mine on order but if your life is so great right now your worried about a physical copy of an album getting into your hands in time maybe you should be helping your neighbors and community. The poor people who barely make shit for money as it is, sitting at home because their work has closed. It’s a fucking album. Not the cure for cancer or coronavirus. Spend your time productively and do some good. Write the fucking incompetent crooks in office who dropped the ball on all of this. Ten club has a history of poor communication. Oh well. Who gives a shit. Santos and the rest of the elves have real shit on their plate. Jesus fucking Christ. The album will get here. Who gives a fuck when. This is not directed at anyone. Just prioritize your life people. Rant over. 

Ok. Not over. Before I read, but it’s a product we paid for and we deserve communication or some dumb shit like that. You know what. You don’t like their business practices then don’t shop there. Target and others will have physical copies. You don’t like the ten club don’t give them your money. Problem solved. I’ll donate my copies to the poor server who can’t pay rent because he’s outta work. Wanna be pissed. Look at the assholes in Washington who waited for the stick market to be infected before they did shit. 

This is why I can barely read this shit anymore. The whining and entitlement is sickening. What we are facing now is life and death people. Not worth worrying about when an album will be at your door

i hope all are safe and healthy. Stay strong. 
    Post edited by pearljammr78 on
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 832
    I’m sorry. I have mine on order but if your life is so great right now your worried about a physical copy of an album getting into your hands in time maybe you should be helping your neighbors and community. The poor people who barely make shit for money as it is, sitting at home because their work has closed. It’s a fucking album. Not the cure for cancer or coronavirus. Spend your time productively and do some good. Write the fucking incompetent crooks in office who dropped the ball on all of this. Ten club has a history of poor communication. Oh well. Who gives a shit. Santos and the rest of the elves have real shit on their plate. Jesus fucking Christ. The album will get here. Who gives a fuck when. This is not directed at anyone. Just prioritize your life people. Rant over. 

Dude chill out.  He's just asking a simple question about a Pearl Jam album 6 years in the making on a Pearl Jam forum.  It's ok to use things like music to distract you from what's going on in the real world.
    edited March 2020

Ok. Not over. Before I read, but it’s a product we paid for and we deserve communication or some dumb shit like that. You know what. You don’t like their business practices then don’t shop there. Target and others will have physical copies. You don’t like the ten club don’t give them your money. Problem solved. I’ll donate my copies to the poor server who can’t pay rent because he’s outta work. Wanna be pissed. Look at the assholes in Washington who waited for the stick market to be infected before they did shit. 

This is why I can barely read this shit anymore. The whining and entitlement is sickening. What we are facing now is life and death people. Not worth worrying about when an album will be at your door

I agree, that post was, at a minimum tone deaf to the world or at least to geography ;) ....... but calm down.

Post edited by myoung321 on

• JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269

I didn't preorder the album because I didn't want to support the Ten Club anymore than my membership.

As for writing the incompetent crooks, keep on dreaming. No nation would be able to stop this unless they had stopped all travel coming in to the country. For the United States, this is a state by state issue as every state has their own unique issues and infection rates. You want to blame the President? Go ahead but you should really give some thought about each state and how they are handling this. The Ten Club is in Washington state. The main outbreak in Washington state happened in a nursing home. Last year this same nursing home got into trouble for not properly handling a flu outbreak. It's no wonder this outbreak happened at this location. Washington state didn't do enough to punish this nursing home last year so they didn't take this outbreak seriously either. 35 people died at this location from Covid-19.

As of right now, Washington State's Governor, Jay Inslee, has so far refused to make a shelter in place order. He has a televised conference scheduled for tonight which he might make this announcement. Meanwhile, other states have already made this happen. I believe Washington State has done a good job at handling this but I think the Governor should have shut down the whole state last week. Each state will have to figure out how to protect their residents.

Either way, if the Governor does announce a shut down tonight, the Ten Club will fall under this order and nothing will ship unless they decide to operate illegally.
This discussion has been closed.