Options

Working from home? What's it look like at your house?

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,996
    animating.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,518
    edited July 2020
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited June 2020
    Since lockdown began I have really enjoyed working from home. I never really used this room much before and I have now rainbow colour contrasted my book, CD and DVD shelves. I am planning to freshen up the walls with a lick of paint and I could possibly further upcycle my pine furniture.  I love injecting bright colours into my home.

Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,911
    dankind said:

@dankind   Just saw this post and had to say that Otis Blue/Otis Redding Sings Soul is such an amazing album!!!!  So many fantastic songs but “You don’t miss your water” is one of my faves.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

I'm trying to finish up some C-19 projects before starting back to work on Monday. 

My husband is busy working on park work stuff and my daughter, needing human contact, has decided to come out of her room and join him and she presses on with her summer classes. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    tish said:

@tish I'd love to know how you and your family made bird feeders?

On closer inspection it looks like toilet rolls, peanut butter and bird seeds. 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    I'm basically in heaven being able to work from home in my music office, lol. Just spinning records all day long, it's awesome! :)

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    Lately it looks like this. Not too shabby

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,426
    PJ_Soul said:
    I'm basically in heaven being able to work from home in my music office, lol. Just spinning records all day long, it's awesome! :)

I like how you have it setup right in front of you to make it easy to turn the Album over. NICE !
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

Love this!  Clean, minimal, tranquil.  That desk is awesome.
  • Options
    Since lockdown began I have really enjoyed working from home. I never really used this room much before and I have now rainbow colour contrasted my book, CD and DVD shelves. I am planning to freshen up the walls with a lick of paint and I could possibly further upcycle my pine furniture.  I love injecting bright colours into my home.

Haha, I like your rainbow bookshelf!
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    Lately it looks like this. Not too shabby

@JPPJ84 How tranquil.... I'm loving your plants, desk and green spaces.  I love to work or just go outside!
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:

There's more....

• Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,105
    Looks cool that it's color organized. I'm so ocd though that it would bug the crap out of me that they weren't in alphabetical order.
  • Options
    Looks cool that it's color organized. I'm so ocd though that it would bug the crap out of me that they weren't in alphabetical order.
    Tell me about it, everything was in totally different categories (e.g. books by author, dvds by genre/actor, etc.), I had to completely abandon those systems. It took a look of guts but I'm happy with the results. 
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:

There's more....

I‘ve got to say, the girly interior and the big weights are quite a contrast ;)
  • Options
    This is the kitchen...

and I made this   

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Our wee kitchen. More counter space, please!

• Options
    edited July 2020
    I had my nephew on a zoom class conference while I waterskied one day!

Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:

There's more....

I love all the pink!

As for the contrast, it makes me think of WCDGirl name next to a picture of a dude. Juxtaposed, my head always thinks of the transgendered!
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,870
    edited July 2020
    hedonist said:

Ok @hedonist. First, we both have the same Beatles knick-knacks. Now we both have suns over our doors. Are you my west coast counterpart  ;)

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:

Ok @hedonist. First, we both have the same Beatles knick-knacks. Now we both have suns over our doors. Are you my west coast counterpart  ;)

🌞 😎
  • Options
    And blue doors 😉
  • Options
    edited July 2020

There's more....

I love all the pink!

As for the contrast, it makes me think of WCDGirl name next to a picture of a dude. Juxtaposed, my head always thinks of the transgendered!

@tish....Hmm, interesting...well I was born female, grew up as a girl and since becoming a woman I have remained female and that has consistently been my gender identity since birth. I am neither transgender nor transsexual. I completely fulfil the female gender stereotype of being a girly girl. There's a tasty masculine man living here with me but I get to choose what we do with most rooms. I got him the weights as a Christmas present which we were pleased about when we went into lockdown.

Oh do you mean the funko pop? I just thought it looked like Eddie Vedder!
  • Options
    Yup, haha next to your girlygirl name makes me giggle. Glad he's tasty!
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    And blue doors 😉
    And the suns have faces 😄
  • Options
    These are two of my favorites. The big one is from Cher’s old catalog (don’t laugh! She had some very cool pieces), and the silver one and the moon are from our own Amy’s place of business :)

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    hedonist said:
    These are two of my favorites. The big one is from Cher’s old catalog (don’t laugh! She had some very cool pieces), and the silver one and the moon are from our own Amy’s place of business :)

Thanks for the gallery support there, my friend! :kiss: 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Those are great. Very whimsical. I only have the one sun over my door. I got it in Mexico. I do have metal stars hanging on one of my walls. I will have to post a photo at some point.