Amazon No Longer Accepting Vinyl and CD Shipments During Coronavirus Pandemic

Comments

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Gotta prioritize.  Surprised they havent shut down more areas. 

For “escape” sake i hope they got their Gigaton palettes already so they can make some sick or quarantining folks happy. 
  • MYMMYM Posts: 195
    ... and here i was thinking that this week couldn't get much worse.
    Fenway 1 - 8/5/16
    Fenway 2 - 8/7/16
    Seattle 1 - 8/8/18
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,726
    Your local shop or plenty of online indie retailers have tons of records to buy still.

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    Your local shop or plenty of online indie retailers have tons of records to buy still.

Or not.
    Just got an email from Newbury Comics they are closing all their stores today at 6:00 PM through at least April 4.
    Was going to grab the Gigaton CD there on 3/27 (have vinyl ordered form 10C), now that option is out.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680

My go-to stores closed days ago
  • monkeywrench records should sell downloads of the new cd for $8.98   HYPE
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,790
    edited March 2020
    From Record Store Day facebook
    Let's be clear: Amazon has stopped bringing a lot of things into its warehouse to focus on medical supplies and "household necessities." That means you can't buy new vinyl or CDs or movies or books DIRECTLY from Amazon. 

A STORE THAT SELLS THROUGH AMAZON'S MARKETPLACE AND FILLS ITS OWN ORDERS CAN STILL SELL. 

A lot of record stores sell through marketplaces like this--eBay, Discogs--and fill their own orders, a system that will help them keep busy and solvent right now, so they can be around  later for the labels, and for you. Look for those options (or call your store directly, some have curbside pickup and delivery!) now and when you start getting cabin fever.
    I miss igotid88
    edited March 2020
    Poncier said:

Or not.
    Just got an email from Newbury Comics they are closing all their stores today at 6:00 PM through at least April 4.
    Was going to grab the Gigaton CD there on 3/27 (have vinyl ordered form 10C), now that option is out.

My go-to stores closed days ago
    I mean, I did say online Indie retailers too. Bullmoose, Euclid, reckless. Zia. 

All of them have closed storefronts, but are still doing online sales. 
  • mcdevittpbmcdevittpb Posts: 220
    My order status in 10c for my vinyl bundle and CD physical copies of Gigaton have switched from “warehouse” to “pending”.  I wonder if they’re following suit and not shipping physical orders and have put them on hold....
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    From what I read, this only applies to third party sellers that are fulfilled by Amazon, not sales directly from Amazon.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    It only applies to Amazon stock. They’ll still ship in stock vinyl, but aren’t receiving new inventory. 
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    My order status in 10c for my vinyl bundle and CD physical copies of Gigaton have switched from “warehouse” to “pending”.  I wonder if they’re following suit and not shipping physical orders and have put them on hold....
    On Jan 22, I placed 3 orders.  One for my Analog T-shirt, One for the Las Vegas 1993 Vault CD * Seattle Pearl Jam stickers, and finally one Gigaton CD.  I just went into my account and saw a status of 'Shipped' for the Analog T-shirt, and "pending" for the Vegas show/Stickers, and "pending" for the Gigaton CD.  I received the Analog T-Shirt a long time ago.  I received the Vegas show and sticker a long time ago.  Not sure what "pending" means and whether someone has to manually change the status and forgot.  I'm getting a sense the Gigaton shipment is imminent.  I have my Mail innovations tracking number.  I'm guessing Fri or Mon, the load goes to Mail Innovations (UPS?)  and we start seeing deliveries Wed or Thur.  That would be consistent with the past.  I would hope that if for some reason, it is physically impossible to ship physical CD's and Vinyl, some sort of download be available in the meantime.  California just shut down.  I was planning to go on a 57 minute drive when the CD arrived.  If I can't drive, I guess I'll listen in the garage.  How long is it safe to be in a running car in the garage?  I hope longer than 57 minutes.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • mcdevittpbmcdevittpb Posts: 220
    On Jan 22, I placed 3 orders.  One for my Analog T-shirt, One for the Las Vegas 1993 Vault CD * Seattle Pearl Jam stickers, and finally one Gigaton CD.  I just went into my account and saw a status of 'Shipped' for the Analog T-shirt, and "pending" for the Vegas show/Stickers, and "pending" for the Gigaton CD.  I received the Analog T-Shirt a long time ago.  I received the Vegas show and sticker a long time ago.  Not sure what "pending" means and whether someone has to manually change the status and forgot.  I'm getting a sense the Gigaton shipment is imminent.  I have my Mail innovations tracking number.  I'm guessing Fri or Mon, the load goes to Mail Innovations (UPS?)  and we start seeing deliveries Wed or Thur.  That would be consistent with the past.  I would hope that if for some reason, it is physically impossible to ship physical CD's and Vinyl, some sort of download be available in the meantime.  California just shut down.  I was planning to go on a 57 minute drive when the CD arrived.  If I can't drive, I guess I'll listen in the garage.  How long is it safe to be in a running car in the garage?  I hope longer than 57 minutes.
    You have a shipment notification for your Gigaton?  I haven’t received a shipping confirmation yet. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,948
    You have a shipment notification for your Gigaton?  I haven’t received a shipping confirmation yet. 
    Ten Club just printed shipping labels to prepare for shipping them. That triggers the notice because a tracking number is generated.  Santos confirmed that nothing is actually shipping yet. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

I ordered from Amazon. If it shows up I’ll be happy... if not I’ll just stream it until it arrives. Much bigger worries in the world right now. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

Well, whatever happens, I'll be happy whenever I get it. I probably would have streamed it first anyway, heh.
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    Both Vinyl & Cd seem to be unavailable from Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de
    Kearnsy
  • CloneClone Posts: 146
    I ordered a bundle via the pearl jam uk link. I figured if that didn't arrive on Friday I would order the CD from Amazon to get the download with it (I don't like just buying mp3s).
    I hope it comes on the day.
    Clone said:
    I ordered a bundle via the pearl jam uk link. I figured if that didn't arrive on Friday I would order the CD from Amazon to get the download with it (I don't like just buying mp3s).
    I hope it comes on the day.
    Unfortunately you don't get the download until after it ships, so...
  • amazon is my main provider now. i'm hooked and i hate myself cause i feel dirty.
    Bullmoose is your friend (unless you live outside the US). Their prices basically match Amazon (for pre-orders). Plus you can get exclusives through them, they don't charge until they ship, AND they are an indie store who pays minimum wage and provides a health plan for their employees. 

They are just as good as Amazon (except for returns, but they ship way better than Amazon's random boxes , so you'll be fine) but w/o a CEO who we'll 'soon forget' (*wink*Thats for YOU, PJ fans!).
    they are also shipping during COVID, well, at least until the country is shut down. 
  • DT6012DT6012 Posts: 234
    Just received notice that Amazon shipment will arrive Tuesday. 

“We have received new release date information related to the order. The item listed below will actually ship sooner than we originally expected based on the new release date.”

New estimated delivery date:
    Tuesday, March 31, 2020

• NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,309
    DT6012 said:
    Just received notice that Amazon shipment will arrive Tuesday. 

“We have received new release date information related to the order. The item listed below will actually ship sooner than we originally expected based on the new release date.”

New estimated delivery date:
    Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Cool glad you are getting it. I ordered the CD for my dad initially from Amazon but canceled and went with bullmoose after reading about the delay. Hope he gets it soon!
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Posts: 723
    I cancelled my CD order on Amazon. This will be the first time I don't get a new PJ album in physical form. No reason anyone should be spending time and energy to transport a CD right now. I can download it.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Step back when the spirit cums
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • CrewCrew Posts: 299
    Ordered mine on Amazon on Jan 15th; just got the email yesterday that it's now scheduled for APRIL 6TH delivery.    :angry:
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    edited March 2020
    Crew said:
    Ordered mine on Amazon on Jan 15th; just got the email yesterday that it's now scheduled for APRIL 6TH delivery.    :angry:
    Was that .Com or .UK? When I preordered, it was with delivery on the 27th. Still hasnt shipped but it still stated delivery by 11pm tomorrow.
    Post edited by Kearn5y on
    Kearnsy
    I got an email from Amazon that my CD will be here 3/31 as well.  

• The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,437
    I pre-ordered the vinyl back in January when it went on sale, and it says delivery is tomorrow by 11pm. I have Prime, so hoping I still get it.

We only pre-ordered the CD a few days ago and it says "delivery date pending". So I'm guessing they'll deliver the orders that were placed at the start before the shit hit the fan.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II