Quarantine Mental Break

Well, I had a feeling that might happen. But I didn't expect it to happen after only three days. 

Had my first full blown panic attack in a few years. Not sure if it was too much exposure to the barrage of bad news, or if was bound to happen no matter what. That claustrophobic feeling....ugh, if you've ever had one, you know. 

How am I getting through this? Good god, I think I need a book recommendation. 

Comments

• FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    Sorry that that happened to you.  If you need some online support or encouragement check this thread out.  https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/267548/a-safe-place-for-anxiety-sufferers-to-share#latest

There are a lot of kind people there who can offer kind words.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Long RedLong Red Posts: 185
    Sorry that that happened to you.  If you need some online support or encouragement check this thread out.  https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/267548/a-safe-place-for-anxiety-sufferers-to-share#latest

There are a lot of kind people there who can offer kind words.
    👍
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,798
    Long Red said:
    Well, I had a feeling that might happen. But I didn't expect it to happen after only three days. 

Had my first full blown panic attack in a few years. Not sure if it was too much exposure to the barrage of bad news, or if was bound to happen no matter what. That claustrophobic feeling....ugh, if you've ever had one, you know. 

Good God is right, are you the original "Long Red"???  I'm assuming not since you didn't fully acknowledge . . . anyway, I would recommend the Poldark novels, Winston Graham, I've read all 12 and I would reread them in a second.  Good luck.
    Long Red said:

Good God is right, are you the original "Long Red"???  I'm assuming not since you didn't fully acknowledge . . . anyway, I would recommend the Poldark novels, Winston Graham, I've read all 12 and I would reread them in a second.  Good luck.
    My friend, I am indeed the original Long Red! Good to see another family name here! And thanks for the recs!
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Hiya, Long!

In addition to the linked anxiety thread, there's also one for books.

Hope you're in a better frame of mind than yesterday.
    hedonist said:
    Hiya, Long!

In addition to the linked anxiety thread, there's also one for books.

Hope you're in a better frame of mind than yesterday.
    I definitely am, thanks. The key seems to be NOT obsessively reading about dictatorships throughout history, then imagining this country devolving into a similar state due to receding freedoms and corrupt leaders. Who knew?!?