Pearl jam hand sanitizer

densandensan Posts: 563
Hand sanitizer and rubbing alcohol are sold out, so I went and got a gallon of Everclear, some Aloe gel, and Tea Tree oil. It is grain alcohol. liquor store only. do not drink it. it literally will kill u. tea tree oil is poisonous too. Google this stuff. Hope this helps someone. ty
Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.

Comments

• sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774
    Sounds like some pretty poor advice, especially for those with children or young relatives that may visit. A thorough 20-second hand washing with soap and hot water (preferably) is what the experts (not me) are advising. Stay safe, not regretful.
  • densandensan Posts: 563
    edited March 2020
    Hard to wash when in the car or having to live life out there. Stay safe not reg...sound like : "just say no." 
    Parents do not let the little ones drink hand sanitizer..right? 
    Post edited by densan on
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,503
    shecky said:
    Sounds like some pretty poor advice, especially for those with children or young relatives that may visit. A thorough 20-second hand washing with soap and hot water (preferably) is what the experts (not me) are advising. Stay safe, not regretful.
    In all honesty us with kids dont let them drink anything  other than actual drinks. No household things are drinkable.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • wall232wall232 Posts: 1,346
    I couldn’t find 91% isopropyl alcohol anywhere but was able to find 70%. After some research you can make sanitizer with 9 parts 70% and 1 part aloe Vera gel. 

Yes, washing your hands is best but can’t carry a sink in a car or the train. Just some added protection until you get somewhere to wash your hands. 
    NYPJ
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,704
    Has anyone actually made their own yet. I still have two small bottles of Purell that I have had since long before this started. I bought the 91% alcohol and the aloe Vera gel a few weeks ago but haven’t made any yet. Just wondering if the homemade version is really similar. 
    edited March 2020
    Just trying to help is all. Kind of like alt music, it is a different approach most have not thought of yet.  I hear the % of alcohol matters in the rubbing alcohol. This stuff is almost pure alcohol.
    This explains it much better  than I can. Bsafe. https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/c/diy-hand-sanitizer/N-cp9a8p
    My wife made some, and it is better than anything I've ever used. 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,671

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,704

Nice repurposing. 
    I have also heard that little marijuana buds placed in each nostril filters the air, and something in the buds keep the virus from moving.
    Im sorry. Not true. :blush:
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    densan said:
    I have also heard that little marijuana buds placed in each nostril filters the air, and something in the buds keep the virus from moving.
    Im sorry. Not true. :blush:
    Almost right!
    Doesn't matter what size buds...just have enough to last for self quarintine and you're good to go ;) ... 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• densan said:
    Just trying to help is all. Kind of like alt music, it is a different approach most have not thought of yet.  I hear the % of alcohol matters in the rubbing alcohol. This stuff is almost pure alcohol.
    This explains it much better  than I can. Bsafe. https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/c/diy-hand-sanitizer/N-cp9a8p
    My wife made some, and it is better than anything I've ever used. 

Thanks for this.  I just made some this morning ... it turned out VERY liquidy.  Just wondering ... what is the consistency of the sanitizer that your wife made?  Thx.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
    I think she dis this: https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/c/diy-hand-sanitizer/N-cp9a8p, but if too liquidy I'd add more aloe gel. Iwe use 100% pure aloe gel. I'll ask her. Our is not as thick as the norm, but the aloe and pure alcohol make it feel delux so to speak. It is stronger than the stuff in the store. Hope that means kills more germs. Tea tree oil also kills germs, so that is important i guess. Tea tree oil is poisonous if ingested. 
    I did not post this earlier since I thought it might be breaking rules. But this how it goes. https://www.foxnews.com/media/how-to-make-your-own-hand-sanitizer
  • densan said:
    I think she dis this: https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/c/diy-hand-sanitizer/N-cp9a8p, but if too liquidy I'd add more aloe gel. Iwe use 100% pure aloe gel. I'll ask her. Our is not as thick as the norm, but the aloe and pure alcohol make it feel delux so to speak. It is stronger than the stuff in the store. Hope that means kills more germs. Tea tree oil also kills germs, so that is important i guess. Tea tree oil is poisonous if ingested. 
    Thanks for the follow up and the link to the video.  I don't have 100% aloe gel ... but I feel a bit better cuz the stuff on the video looked pretty liquidy.  In any event, better than nothing.

"Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • NEweatherNEweather Posts: 519
    I had to add more aloe vera gel, and mix, mix, mix- it's ok...
  • MikusxkmMikusxkm Posts: 33
    Hi, please be careful using any hand sanitizer (home made or not) on children under age 2. Their skin is very tender and they have an under developed skin barrier. It is actually recommended that it not be used on kids under 2 as they can absorb the alcohol and become ill. If you are not able to use a sink you can get 2 spray bottles and mix one with liquid hand soap and water and the other with plain water to rinse after the 20 seconds of using the soapy water.