Options

The 2020 Spring Tour Leg One Postponement Positivity Thread

Comments

• Options
    gatorjamgatorjam West Palm Beach, Florida Posts: 187
    I am in a funk about this news, but they will reschedule, and I will find a way to go and my wife will help me go and maybe they can go with me this time.  
    2003-Tampa
    2006-East Rutherford
    2008-West Palm Beach
    2009- Philadelphia
    2016- Fort Lauderdale and Miami
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    My positive: I won't miss the Final Four games. Semifinals would have been the night of the St Louis show. That is if there is a Final Four, at this rate it might get canceled too. Sorry, this was supposed to be about positivity. Go Illini! :)
  • Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,914
    I was scheduled for LA Forum 04/16/2020.  Positive thoughts?  Let me see....  This postponement lets me savor the enjoyment of having just paid my taxes without the interruption brought on by the likes of a Pearl Jam concert.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    Positivity: our favorite band has the good conscience to consider the overall health of everyone opposed to just the money signs for themselves!

Positivity: our favorite band is releasing a new album on March 27th!

Positivity: these postponed dates will be rescheduled and we will all be rocking out soon enough!

Positivity: The same day San Diego gets postponed, Ohana Fest featuring Pearl Jam gets announced AND I scored 2 tix. 

Positivity: my barber lost a family member due to Coronavirus, and I am relatively healthy as are my kids, wife, fam and friends. Perspective always helps.

Remember: disappointment is ok and allowed!  But negativity never helps, and positive ANYTHING is way better than negative nothing!  Stay positive everyone - our postponed shows will be rescheduled.  Be positive. Be healthy. And if you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours!

11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,235
    Stay positive, positive!  Like everyone else, I'm of course upset that the tour has been postponed as I was super excited to see some shows in just a couple short weeks. But I'm not the least bit surprised about the postponement given how rapidly the virus has spread around the globe over the past several weeks. While the tour isn't happening right now, it hopefully will in the near future, and we'll all get to go and rock out to PJ once again! Also, we've got a new album coming out for the first time in 7 years in just a couple of weeks, which I'm beyond excited for! I really like what I've heard so far, and am pretty amazed that the band is still making such innovative, high-caliber music at this point in their career. Despite the postponement, this is still a very exciting time to be a PJ fan! I feel incredibly lucky and grateful to be a fan of this band, and a member of this amazing, supportive community. Given the uncertainty regarding the virus, if the shows had went forward as scheduled, I think there would have been an air of concern hovering over these shows that would have zapped them of their usual energy and intensity. And IMO, it's that incredible energy that separates PJ from other bands. I'm very confident that by the time these shows happen (which I suspect will be in the fall), the increased anticipation occasioned by the delay coupled with the excitement over the new album (which we will have more time to digest and obsess over before the shows) will push the energy level of these shows through the roof! I can't wait to experience these incredible shows with all of you; we'll just have to wait a little while longer. And a sincere thank you to the band for the overwhelming amount of incredible music, memories, and inspiration that you've provided to me and countless others over the past three decades, and for the incredible memories yet to come!       
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    Billie Eilish kicked off her arena tour last night.  Positive is maybe I’ll check that out in Boston now that I won’t be in Ottawa
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    HeisenberglivesHeisenberglives Portland, OR Posts: 25
    You know they'll make up for it, keep your heads up, and hands away from your face!
  • Options
    1. College reunion trip to Nashville built around show. Tremendous effort to secure 10 tix so we can all see together. House rented, 10 flights from all over NE booked, divorce papers threatened, etc., etc., ...

week after,

2. Major trip w/ 16yo son(Big PJ Fan, says the lyrics actually mean something) fully booked starting at Phoenix show and ending at Oakland show with Grand Canyon, river rafting, National Parks along the way. Huge financial and planning efforts here in addition to landing the seats. Spring break week.

Positively still going on both trips. 
    Positively will not be able to afford trip(s) back to any of the rescheduled shows.
    Positively Positive no lesson learned here that I can share out loud other than friends and family first.

Positively Positive that we will not experience a lesser exposure threat to virus missing the shows now as we'll instead be in bars, restaurants, hotels, cabs, public spaces, bordellos, music venues, etc. for those few hours instead. Note that living life is continuing all over the place. The supermarket was packed this afternoon with people, for instance. Isn't someone suppose to notify them and the staff that their putting Human Civilization at risk being in public? Ooops. That was out loud. Sorry. Sea, warned me once already.

I'm I wrong here? I can handle the truth. 

REALITIVITY

• Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,776
    Huge bummer, but they will reschedule.  Everything is gonna be fine.  

*I do feel quite badly for those that don't have refundable travel. And those that inevitably won't be able tot make the rescheduled dates*
    I was supposed to go to both LA shows from Philly, I'm hoping they reschedule them at some point.  Contacted American Airlines, they waived a change fee, basically gave me a voucher for the cost of my ticket, only limitation is I must book by Dec 31, 2020.  I LOVE AMERICAN AIRLINES.  Doesn't even have to be the same city.  I'm thinking if they don't announce rescheduled dates by August, I just might be heading to Ohana in September.  That's a positive for ya!
  • Options
    MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    I'm not pissed just bummed that i can't get a cancellation waiver or refund for my airline tickets to california.  $400 is a lotta money and i really don't wanna spend more $ to reschedule without knowing the new concert dates.
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,172
    MR242791 said:
    I'm not pissed just bummed that i can't get a cancellation waiver or refund for my airline tickets to california.  $400 is a lotta money and i really don't wanna spend more $ to reschedule without knowing the new concert dates.
    Maybe eventually we'll be able too? I had only booked a flight back from San Fran.   Right now Alaska Air is offering free refunds for tickets up until March 31st.   I'm hoping they extend it later so I can refund my ticket without paying the $125 fee.  I think the ticket was around $160 usd, so the refund fee is almost as much as the ticket :(
  • Options
    MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    There’s no way the dates get rescheduled before June right?  Would have to be the fall?

supposedly coronavirus may come back with a vengeance next fall/winter so I'm thinking 2021
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • Options
    Glorified GeeGlorified Gee Denver Posts: 49
    There was probably going to be a blizzard in Denver on April 9 anyway. Waiting in the GA line would have been treacherous!
    12/14/91 (DEN); 7/25/92 (DEN/Lolla); 11/27/93 (Boulder); 6/20/95 (DEN/Red Rocks); 6/23/98 (DEN); 9/3/11 (Alpine Valley); 9/4/11 (Alpine Valley); 6/20/12 (Manchester); 6/21/12 (Manchester); 9/30/12 (Missoula); 11/16/13 (OKC); 10/9/14 (Lincoln); 10/22/14 (Denver); 7/9/16 (Telluride); 8/20/16 (Wrigley); 8/22/16 (Wrigley);  8/8/18 (Seattle); 8/10/18 (Seattle); 8/18/18 (Wrigley); 8/20/18 (Wrigley)
  • Options
    LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    1. College reunion trip to Nashville built around show. Tremendous effort to secure 10 tix so we can all see together. House rented, 10 flights from all over NE booked, divorce papers threatened, etc., etc., ...

week after,

2. Major trip w/ 16yo son(Big PJ Fan, says the lyrics actually mean something) fully booked starting at Phoenix show and ending at Oakland show with Grand Canyon, river rafting, National Parks along the way. Huge financial and planning efforts here in addition to landing the seats. Spring break week.

Positively still going on both trips. 
    Positively will not be able to afford trip(s) back to any of the rescheduled shows.
    Positively Positive no lesson learned here that I can share out loud other than friends and family first.

Positively Positive that we will not experience a lesser exposure threat to virus missing the shows now as we'll instead be in bars, restaurants, hotels, cabs, public spaces, bordellos, music venues, etc. for those few hours instead. Note that living life is continuing all over the place. The supermarket was packed this afternoon with people, for instance. Isn't someone suppose to notify them and the staff that their putting Human Civilization at risk being in public? Ooops. That was out loud. Sorry. Sea, warned me once already.

I'm I wrong here? I can handle the truth. 

REALITIVITY

Your two trips will be freaking EPIC, even without the PJ shows. I’m jealous. Have an amazing time, and we’ll see you at PJ some other time. Enjoy!
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,757
    I am positive that the new dates for my 5 shows will be in the fall and my work schedule will not allow me to go. Thats about as positive as I can be at the moment. 
  • Options
    astev09astev09 Posts: 60
    Definitely glad I didn’t choose any nonrefundable travel arrangements. Going to be able to cancel my room at no charge and I had planned on driving to St. Louis from indiana anyways so I’m out no airfare. I feel terrible for those out some serious dough though. Glad my tickets will still be honored for the new dates. With my luck they will probably schedule my show for the weekend I’ll be on vacation in June or the weekend I’ll be on vacation in July. 
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,503
    I'd like to Mcready Stomp this damn virus.
  • Options
    lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 615
    This board is buzzing like its the year 2003 again. Does that count as a positive? I know a lot of posts are political are divisive but I suppose that's better than silence? There were times last year when I was convinced the board was dying because the lack of activity. From both the band and us. Now we have a new album in a few weeks and eventually a tour. Anyways having shows to look forward to is always a positive thing. We get extra months of anticipation which sometimes is the funnest part in life. Certainly better than that day after the show feeling. 
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Billie Eilish kicked off her arena tour last night.  Positive is maybe I’ll check that out in Boston now that I won’t be in Ottawa
    Betting demographics are different for Billy Eilish than PJ... ;0  - anyone at that show over 30?
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    epbadgerepbadger The Bronx, NY Posts: 654
    yeah. I got nothing right now....too soon
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    I'm positively awaiting the release of Gigaton!
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,435
    Instead of leg 1 merely being a memory after Oakland 2, those who can still attend the rescheduled dates will still have something to look forward too!
  • Options
    WashmyLUVWashmyLUV Posts: 102
    Super bummed last night. I have only seen the boys close to home... Seattle and The Gorge. This was my first time being able to travel to see them. I was super stoked for my first "away" show, and a few days in Nashville. I worked extra hours, double shifts, and saved every penny to make it happen. So yes, I'm a little heart broken but...Positively still going to Nashville and Positively still super stoked about that!
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,776
    MR242791 said:
    Do you know that for a fact?  I thought for sure I was screwed with my nonrefundable ticket, but the airline (American Airlines) could not have been more accommodating.  I will be praising them for a while to come now.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    edited March 2020
    8 shows on the NA leg, none in my home state, so this was gonna be a hell of a trip (STL and then all from DEN>OAK).
    Positivity: fortunate that I have been to 99 PJ & EV shows, was able to even consider a trip like this and with a little luck, we will be at the make up dates. Hopefully Europe happens, in which case Zurich and Amsterdam will be shows 100, 101 and 102 for me.  And of course, Gigaton is 17 days away.
    Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    • We'll all know the songs before the tour!
    • Keeping my hotel in SF to have a weekend away with the wife -- even if we have to stay in, not so bad.
    • Going to see Hamilton in SF the weekend we were going to see the Oakland shows (if Hamilton isn't cancelled)
    • Visiting Alcatraz that weekend too (if they don't shut down the island!)
    •  Realing looking forward to Ohana!
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,868
    MR242791 said:
    Do you know that for a fact?  I thought for sure I was screwed with my nonrefundable ticket, but the airline (American Airlines) could not have been more accommodating.  I will be praising them for a while to come now.
    Yeah, these companies want your business again, and they all know the situation. Better PR for them to be a little flexible. When in doubt, call them.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    risrisrisris Posts: 76
    While this all sucks as it looks like my points are non refundable I might just go to LA anyways.

Santa Monica Pier, Hollywood sign, Roscoes chicken and waffles etc etc. 

Why not. Life’s too short. I just have to keep saying to myself that “I know I was born and I know that I will die, the in between is mine.”
  • Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    So I won’t be walking the 10 minutes to MSG, and my sister is no longer coming in for a visit, but we have GA for Budapest & Zurich, planning a 2 week trip including Austria. And I’ll be listening to Gigaton in Dolby Atmos on the 25th. See y’all in the Fall :)
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210