Problems selling Fan-to-Fan between Canada and US - please chime in if you have this issue

2»

Comments

• Got my money in my account today.  7 days after doing the small deposit verification on my bank account.  Tickets were sold on Feb 21st.  So in total it was 11 days to get my money.  (Canadian tickets sold and Canadian bank account).
    Glad to hear it worked for you. If we see someone across the border get money then we're really making progress but I doubt that will happen without a lot of back and forth with TM.
    Mansfield, Massachusetts (July 11, 2003)
    Boston, Massachusetts (September 29, 2004)
    Boston, Massachusetts (May 25, 2006)
    Boston Night 2 (August 07, 2016)
    Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018)
    Boston Night 2 (September 04, 2018)
    Boston Night 1 (September 15, 2024)
    Boston Night 2 (September 17, 2024)

• Mgould55Mgould55 Posts: 13
    Anybody with any updates? My tickets sold Feb 20th and still have not gotten anything from TM.
  • Mgould55 said:
    Anybody with any updates? My tickets sold Feb 20th and still have not gotten anything from TM.
    Same. Nothing and sold on 2/19
  • I just received an email that they will mail me a check.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    I just received an email that they will mail me a check.
    I figured thats how this would be resolved. Hopefully they do not take you out too much on exchange. 
  • Mac57Mac57 Posts: 274
    I just received an e-mail asking that I provide my e-mail to TM and they will mail me a check
    You would think they would use the one on the account.
    2008 MSG I & II
    2010 Newark, MSG I
    2013 Wrigley Field, Brooklyn I & II, Hartford, LA I & II, San Diego
    2014 Detroit, Moline, St. Paul & Milwaukee
    2015 Ed Sullivan Theater/ Central Park
    2016 FTL, Miami, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1
    2017 RRHOF
    2018 Seattle I & II, Missoula, Boston I & II
    2022 Apollo, MSG, Camden, Nashville & St. Louis
    2023 St.P. 1 & 2, Austin 1 & 2
    2024 MSG 1 & 2, Baltimore, Philly 1 & 2, Fenway 1
  • NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 213
    Mac57 said:
    I just received an e-mail asking that I provide my e-mail to TM and they will mail me a check
    Sorry if this was answered earlier.....but are you in the U.S. and sold tickets to a Canada show?
  • Mac57Mac57 Posts: 274
    NDJeff7 said:
    Mac57 said:
    Sorry if this was answered earlier.....but are you in the U.S. and sold tickets to a Canada show?
    Yes
    2008 MSG I & II
    2010 Newark, MSG I
    2013 Wrigley Field, Brooklyn I & II, Hartford, LA I & II, San Diego
    2014 Detroit, Moline, St. Paul & Milwaukee
    2015 Ed Sullivan Theater/ Central Park
    2016 FTL, Miami, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1
    2017 RRHOF
    2018 Seattle I & II, Missoula, Boston I & II
    2022 Apollo, MSG, Camden, Nashville & St. Louis
    2023 St.P. 1 & 2, Austin 1 & 2
    2024 MSG 1 & 2, Baltimore, Philly 1 & 2, Fenway 1
  • droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,430
    I received the same email today for the tickets I sold to the QC show.
    Mac57 said:
    NDJeff7 said:
    Mac57 said:
    Yes
    Great, thanks! Did you have to contact TM to get them to do this? My wife sold hers over a week ago and told me that she got another email today saying that her payment could not be verified.
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    I'll tip my hat to TM on this, because they really could've stretched this out with the "not our fault you didn't read the fine print" because it was actually there.  I'm happy to have them mail me a check
  • NDJeff7 said:
    Mac57 said:
    NDJeff7 said:
    Mac57 said:
    Yes
    Great, thanks! Did you have to contact TM to get them to do this? My wife sold hers over a week ago and told me that she got another email today saying that her payment could not be verified.
    I sold on 2/19 and have received two emails to update payment information, and then the email today saying they would mail me a check. I have not contacted them since I sold my tickets.

Just heard from my wife that she got that email a few minutes ago, offering to mail her a check. That's better than nothing!
  • I got the same email. US resident with US bank and sold tix for QBC (Canada). Looks like they're willing to work this out. I'll believe it when I see a check but signs are good.

• cwood71cwood71 Posts: 14
    I got the same email. US resident with US bank and sold tix for QBC (Canada). Looks like they're willing to work this out. I'll believe it when I see a check but signs are good.
    Did TM indicate whether the check would be in US or Canadian dollar’s? 
  • cwood71 said:
    I got the same email. US resident with US bank and sold tix for QBC (Canada). Looks like they're willing to work this out. I'll believe it when I see a check but signs are good.
    Did TM indicate whether the check would be in US or Canadian dollar’s? 
    It did not. I am assuming that it will be Canadian dollars since the charge on the card was Canadian (and then converted to USD)

• JO66982JO66982 Milwaukee, WI Posts: 43
    Did anyone hear anything from PJFC on helping resolve this?  I'm a US resident and TM won't even allow me to list Canadian tickets using my US bank account.  I entered my banking info, it won't make my listing active with it.  It works fine for listing US tickets though.  

Or are there any Canadians in the opposite situation (trying to sell US tickets without US bank account) interested in being an "account buddy" for the sake of this?
  • Opened US RBC account linked to Cdn RBC account.
    Posted tix on TM F2F, updated account info to receive funds in US account.
    Tix sold, verify small payment received to validate account as per email, 3 days later US funds for tix in RBC USD account. 

No real prob/issue her than the initial "huh" before finding out about requirement for US bank account. It was in the TM policy statement so I missed reading that and don't fault anyone for not reading it for me or flaming 10C for not spelling that out, figuring they didn't know either. 

Now I have US $ in a US account to spend in Maui next week. 

Vancouver 1998, 2005, 2009, 2011, 2013 - Toronto 2000, 2003 - Gorge II 2006
    Seattle I 2009, 2013 - Calgary 2011 - Edmonton 2011
    EV solo VAN II 2008, Las Vegas I, II 2011
  • JO66982 said:
    Did anyone hear anything from PJFC on helping resolve this?  I'm a US resident and TM won't even allow me to list Canadian tickets using my US bank account.  I entered my banking info, it won't make my listing active with it.  It works fine for listing US tickets though.  

Or are there any Canadians in the opposite situation (trying to sell US tickets without US bank account) interested in being an "account buddy" for the sake of this?
    The experience of most (all?) folks on this thread is that you can only sell tix through the Mobile App in this case. I could not sell my Quebec tix on the TM website from my computer but I was able to sell them on my phone. Caveat is that, technically, they are saying you shouldn't be doing this at all although it appears that they are now (as of last week) willing to send you a check if you cannot come up with a Canadian bank account.