Problems selling Fan-to-Fan between Canada and US - please chime in if you have this issue

So it turns out that TM requires that tickets for US shows are sold by folks with a US bank account and tickets for Canadian shows require a Canadian bank account.

However, their system does not actually stop someone from selling (at least not on the phone). I know of at least two others on the board along with myself who are currently trying to work through this with TM. Are there others? Could folks chime in here and if any of us find a way to work through this successfully, we can share stories? I heard someone had contacted 10C about this but don't know who that is. I have a thread on Given To Fly about this as well and I heard it has been brought up on threads over here as well but just trying to see if we can collect/coordinate ourselves on one thread.

My story is that I had extras for QBC that I sold earlier this week but they are not sending me money because my bank is in the US (I am in the Boston area). I've spoken with one rep, giving them a few days before pushing this issue again.
Mansfield, Massachusetts (July 11, 2003)
Boston, Massachusetts (September 29, 2004)
Boston, Massachusetts (May 25, 2006)
Boston Night 2 (August 07, 2016)
Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018)
Boston Night 2 (September 04, 2018)
Boston Night 1 (September 15, 2024)
Boston Night 2 (September 17, 2024)

Comments

• I had tickets sold last Thursday but am in the same situation with Ottawa using a US bank account. I thought when I was allowed to list tickets the issue was resolved. I have a $0.75 charge pending from Ticketmaster pending in my bank account. Today is 7 days since sale so I was hoping money would come in some time in next couple days but your situation does not make me hopeful.  
  • Interesting.....I have not seen a charge hit my account yet but I only listed/sold the tickets on Tuesday. I will check regularly.

• I’m in the US and was able to sell my extras for QC through the app last Friday. I haven’t yet seen a charge to my bank account that would allow me to verify my bank account so I can get paid. 
  • andrew68andrew68 Posts: 1,804
    thanks for posting

have OAK 2 pair....can't sell because I'm in Canada....TM told me to get a US bank account .... would NOT refund....told me I'm SOL
    this was after 3 different hour long calls to TM US and TM Canada ..... the customer service was horrid...nobody wanted to find a solution to the problem they caused.  I continue to despise TM....what a sorry bunch 

Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    i sold my canada ticket as well and selected to option to get paid via my U.S. bank account.  TM emailed me twice that something was wrong with my account information.   i spoke with a represntative last night and she said the i need to update my payment options in account settings. so i removed my debit card information and put in my bank account information.  hopefully this will work as i still haven't been paid for selling my canada ticket :s
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • MR242791 said:
    i sold my canada ticket as well and selected to option to get paid via my U.S. bank account.  TM emailed me twice that something was wrong with my account information.   i spoke with a represntative last night and she said the i need to update my payment options in account settings. so i removed my debit card information and put in my bank account information.  hopefully this will work as i still haven't been paid for selling my canada ticket :s
    When did you sell?  They said that I would receive an email to verify my account info (if it wasn't verified) and I haven't heard anything. I sold them on Sunday morning.  

I assume the sale will be final but are they going to hold our money until things get fixed?  I looked into getting a Canadian bank account and it seemed to be a big pain in the ass.  I even asked if they could give me Ticketmaster credit and they said no.  
  • andrew68 said:
    thanks for posting

have OAK 2 pair....can't sell because I'm in Canada....TM told me to get a US bank account .... would NOT refund....told me I'm SOL
    this was after 3 different hour long calls to TM US and TM Canada ..... the customer service was horrid...nobody wanted to find a solution to the problem they caused.  I continue to despise TM....what a sorry bunch 

Not sure if you should sell or not. If you use the phone app, it appears you would be able to sell. However, you would then join the rest of us on this thread, wondering if/how we can be paid.

• ZodZod Posts: 10,525
    If your a Canadian selling in the US, what happens if you use a Canadian bank that allows the use of VISA Debit on their cards.   We have interac here in Canada, but VISA debit is outside of Canada version of that.   So if your bank gives you access to a visa debit card, and you enter that on TM, would the US dollars be able to paid and would simply be subject for FX fee's when it dumps into your bank account?
  • MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    MR242791 said:
    When did you sell?  They said that I would receive an email to verify my account info (if it wasn't verified) and I haven't heard anything. I sold them on Sunday morning.  

I assume the sale will be final but are they going to hold our money until things get fixed?  I looked into getting a Canadian bank account and it seemed to be a big pain in the ass.  I even asked if they could give me Ticketmaster credit and they said no.  
    I sold mine on March 18.  they say it takes up to 5 or 7 business days. yesterday was day 7
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • I opened a USA bank account to sell LA1 and LA2.

Vancouver 1998, 2005, 2009, 2011, 2013 - Toronto 2000, 2003 - Gorge II 2006
    Seattle I 2009, 2013 - Calgary 2011 - Edmonton 2011
    EV solo VAN II 2008, Las Vegas I, II 2011
  • NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 213
    Live in NY and sold 2 of my Ottawa tix last night on the mobile app. I didnt get any errors putting in my bank info, tix sold in a few minutes and I received my confirmation email. Now I'll wait to see when funds actually hit the bank account.
  • Just spoke to someone at TM. My tix sold last Friday and, as I said above, I haven't received the verification deposits yet. She said that the payment process just started and I should see the verification deposits by early next week and should receive payment within about 48 hours after my account is verified. We shall see.
  • jmbethony said:
    Just spoke to someone at TM. My tix sold last Friday and, as I said above, I haven't received the verification deposits yet. She said that the payment process just started and I should see the verification deposits by early next week and should receive payment within about 48 hours after my account is verified. We shall see.
    Thanks for the update. Did the TM rep know that you are using a US bank? If so, that's the first indication that I've heard of them saying they will pay out to a US bank. This would be great news for all of us.

• Hi everyone,
    I'm Canadian and listed and sold my Canadian show tickets last Friday.  I haven't been paid yet but I did receive 2 small verification deposits in my account on Tuesday.  I input the #s from the 2 deposits into my TM account on Wednesday.  Haven't received my sale proceeds yet.  Has anyone?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Hi everyone,
    I'm Canadian and listed and sold my Canadian show tickets last Friday.  I haven't been paid yet but I did receive 2 small verification deposits in my account on Tuesday.  I input the #s from the 2 deposits into my TM account on Wednesday.  Haven't received my sale proceeds yet.  Has anyone?
    Same and still waiting. I did get an email saying there was an error in my credit card though which there was not. I deleted it and put it back in correctly. They need to re-verify it again and that could take 3 business days. I am not sure what that has to do with my chequeing account but maybe it has to do with the buyer being refunded in case of a cancellation. 
  • jmbethony said:
    Just spoke to someone at TM. My tix sold last Friday and, as I said above, I haven't received the verification deposits yet. She said that the payment process just started and I should see the verification deposits by early next week and should receive payment within about 48 hours after my account is verified. We shall see.
    Thanks for the update. Did the TM rep know that you are using a US bank? If so, that's the first indication that I've heard of them saying they will pay out to a US bank. This would be great news for all of us.
    I didn’t bring up the fact that I have a U.S. bank, but she didn’t either. 
  • jmbethony said:
    jmbethony said:
    I didn’t bring up the fact that I have a U.S. bank, but she didn’t either. 
    Unfortunately most of the TM customer service reps are useless. You have no way of knowing if they are giving you legit info.
  • tatonatastatonatas Posts: 48
    edited February 2020
    Im from Argentina and i cant list my tix for oakland 2
    2005: 11/25 Argentina, 11/26 Argentina
    2011: 11/13 Argentina
    2013: 4/3 Argentina, 4/6 Chile, 10/18 Brooklyn
    2015: 11/4 Chile, 11/7 Argentina
  • TenakaTenaka Posts: 96
    I’ve heard some people have been paid. It takes 7 days from the time you verify your bank account. I’ll find out in a couple more days
    2018 Wrigley 1
    2020 Ottawa / Quebec
  • Canadian here...

Sold tix for LA2 on 2/21, used an American buddies account for the deposit. Received full deposit from TM yesterday.

Sold tix for OTT on 2/22, used my own CDN account for the deposit. Received <$1 deposit from TM yesterday, waiting on full deposit.
    Toronto 2003, Hamilton 2005, Toronto 2005, Toronto 1&2 2006, Toronto 2009, Cleveland 2010, Buffalo 2010, Toronto 1&2 2011, Hamilton 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Moline 2014, St. Paul 2014, Milwaukee 2014, New York City 2015, New York City 1&2 2016, Quebec City 2016, Ottawa 2016, Toronto 1&2 2016, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Madrid 2018, Chicago 1&2 2018, Los Angeles 1&2 2022, Quebec City 2022, Ottawa 2022, Hamilton 2022, Toronto 2022, Vancouver 1&2 2024, Seattle 1&2 2024, Baltimore 2024
  • PJNB said:
    Hi everyone,
    Same and still waiting. I did get an email saying there was an error in my credit card though which there was not. I deleted it and put it back in correctly. They need to re-verify it again and that could take 3 business days. I am not sure what that has to do with my chequeing account but maybe it has to do with the buyer being refunded in case of a cancellation. 
    Same with me with the email about the info being wrong on my credit card.  I didn't delete mine but did verify its info.  Okay I see someone above said it took 7 days from verification day.  I'm not getting antsy, but wanted to check in with others.
  • So it turns out that TM requires that tickets for US shows are sold by folks with a US bank account and tickets for Canadian shows require a Canadian bank account.

However, their system does not actually stop someone from selling (at least not on the phone). I know of at least two others on the board along with myself who are currently trying to work through this with TM. Are there others? Could folks chime in here and if any of us find a way to work through this successfully, we can share stories? I heard someone had contacted 10C about this but don't know who that is. I have a thread on Given To Fly about this as well and I heard it has been brought up on threads over here as well but just trying to see if we can collect/coordinate ourselves on one thread.

My story is that I had extras for QBC that I sold earlier this week but they are not sending me money because my bank is in the US (I am in the Boston area). I've spoken with one rep, giving them a few days before pushing this issue again.
    I live in Toronto, having identical issue (trying to sell tickets to US shows). Funny how TM has no issue booking the US shows with a Canadian credit card but refuse to sell on FTF via same credit card. Total BS. I called PJFC and they are aware of the issue and said they are trying to work this out with TM.  
  • The TM customer service reps say "you have to open a US debit or credit card account". I mean seriously.....telling me to open US accounts because you refuse to allow me to sell my tickets. Besides, in order to open a US debit/credit card you need a US address which vast majority of Canadian fans won't have.
  • problem is TM doesn't make any money (I think) on the FTF sales since there's no fees, it's a straight exchange. This means TM has zero motivation to deal with this issue because all they care about is money, not customer service.
  • mickdee said:
    I live in Toronto, having identical issue (trying to sell tickets to US shows). Funny how TM has no issue booking the US shows with a Canadian credit card but refuse to sell on FTF via same credit card. Total BS. I called PJFC and they are aware of the issue and said they are trying to work this out with TM.  
    PJFC is probably our best bet. There are a few of us in the same boat (10-12 on this thread) so we might get some attention from them. Agreed that TM simply does not care. They will hold our money hostage forever as far as they are concerned. Is there a number posted for them? I see a business contact number for 10C but that's it. 

So using a Canadian Bank account to sell US tickets should now work?  I sound like we're waiting on final confirmation from a few Canadians on the final deposit?
  • I also sold CA tickets with US account on 2/19. Nothing yet, besides emails stating there was a problem with my account. I emailed 10club on 2/18 with no response.  TM gives a different answer with each attempt 
    decided to open a US TD account seeing as it sounds like there might be issues trying to payout to a Canadian account.
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    I sold my CA tix with a US bank account on 2/23.  Crickets since then. No email saying there was an issue with my account and no mini deposits from TM.  Something tells me there won't be much of a resolution anytime soon.  
  • Got my money in my account today.  7 days after doing the small deposit verification on my bank account.  Tickets were sold on Feb 21st.  So in total it was 11 days to get my money.  (Canadian tickets sold and Canadian bank account).