Options

Name my pet ant.

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
For the last few weeks, I've had an ant living in and around the bathroom sink.  I've decided to adopt it as a pet.  This ant seems pretty smart- it has avoided being washed down the sink or stepped on by Annie the cat (she likes to lick  the few drops of water around the drain or those that cling to the bottom of the tap). 

So please help me out with a good pet ant name, thanks!
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    Uncle
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Adam 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    How to be sure it’s the same ant and not a buddy or cousin or something?

They lie in wait in droves, you know. 
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,920
    Is he a New Romantic Highwayman-type of ant?  If so, the obvious choice would definitely be Adam.

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    Is he a New Romantic Highwayman-type of ant?  If so, the obvious choice would definitely be Adam.

Right-O! :plus_one:
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,801
    Ded
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    hedonist said:

right, if you have one . . . rest assured he is not alone.  I'm the last one you want to ask though about naming "pets" that really aren't pets.  I had a few ducks in the creek behind my place, I immediately called them Sonny and Cher.  I have no idea why, but that's what came to mind.  Then the following season, they showed up again with a third duck, that's where I got into trouble.  What do I call this one . . . Chasity, Chaz.  I didn't want to offend anyone, so I just started calling them ducks again.  Quack, quack.  It shouldn't be that hard.  But apparently it is.  But it shouldn't be.  Even for ducks.
  • Options
    Adam 
     =) Great minds and all that.  I swear I did not see your reply before answering.  I was in the process of replying for over ten minutes as I was distracted by Forged in Fire..
  • Options
    hedonist said:

To be honest, I can't be 100% sure.  But I did ask it and I'm pretty sure it said, "Yeah man, I'm the same ant."  But damn, their voices are soooo tiny!

Adam 
     =) Great minds and all that.  I swear I did not see your reply before answering.  I was in the process of replying for over ten minutes as I was distracted by Forged in Fire..

Ahh, Adam is certainly a contender.  It would fit with the Biblical theme that goes something like this:  Ants around here either invade in Biblical proportions (a veritable Cecil B. DeMille cast of millions), or single lone ants like John the Baptist- the classic ant version of vox clamatis in deserto.  I will definitely keep Adam in mind, but I'm just not sure yet. 

Also not sure if it's a he (although that "yeah, man" sounds like a dude thing) or a she, so if anyone knows how to tell the difference, please clue me in.  (Could be hard to tell.  It's that soooo tiny thing again!)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Clairvoy
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Coronavirus
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Tee-Mame :lol:
  • Options
    Ant-ony hopkins
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    Ant-ony hopkins
    Winner!!!
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,772
    Aunt B
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Ant-ony hopkins

Haha!  Definitely a strong contender!  Question is, kin he hop?

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    I need a pic to help me decide
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Adam 
    ;)
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:

To be honest, I can't be 100% sure.  But I did ask it and I'm pretty sure it said, "Yeah man, I'm the same ant."  But damn, their voices are soooo tiny!

Adam 

Ahh, Adam is certainly a contender.  It would fit with the Biblical theme that goes something like this:  Ants around here either invade in Biblical proportions (a veritable Cecil B. DeMille cast of millions), or single lone ants like John the Baptist- the classic ant version of vox clamatis in deserto.  I will definitely keep Adam in mind, but I'm just not sure yet. 

Also not sure if it's a he (although that "yeah, man" sounds like a dude thing) or a she, so if anyone knows how to tell the difference, please clue me in.  (Could be hard to tell.  It's that soooo tiny thing again!)
    Hmmm.. well then perhaps you should call him/her Dead?? Pink Panther style of course...
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    Cornelius Victor Jr.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,964
    edited February 2020
    Hercules? Atlas actually
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    Charlie the 🐜
  • Options
    Well darn!  I think this lone voice crying in the wilderness may have turned out to be a scout!  Whoever this ant is, he she or it may be in big trouble.   Two weeks and just the one ant.  Now, this morning, there are FIVE!  Where there are five, there are millions arming for battle.

This thing could get ugly.  :frowning:

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    See you later there, ant. You were fine as a loner, but when your family decided to come in to be squatters, y'all have to go.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,801
    this is shaping up to be on par with @TheJuggler's War with The Robins.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Thrax
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    Thrax

LOL, Ant Thrax!

• Options
    brianlux said:
    rgambs said:
    Thrax

LOL, Ant Thrax!
    Bravo rgambs.  That one is the winner! =)
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    rgambs said:
    Thrax

LOL, Ant Thrax!
    Bravo rgambs.  That one is the winner! =)

Thrax it is.

By the way, I though maybe Thrax and his buddies would like a swim in the sink.

Ooops.  No drain plus.  :grimacing:

• Options
    Piss

As in Pissant!