Fan to Fan is awesome

Last night had to take a pre sleep dump. Thought, shit, one more look before I sleep. Hit Oakland 1. Nothing I want. Hit Oakland 2. Section 108. And was able to get them. I would have shit my pants if I wasn’t already in the motion. 

So now my wife and I are going to one show for sure. It’s like gambling for tickets. But with zero to little risk. It’s awesome. No mark ups. Nothing. When I think of it, I check for tickets. That’s all. 

Can’t wait. Hoping for both nights. But happy with one so far!!!

Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Congrats! Enjoy! Wash your hands. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    It’s great for the buyer  for a show like Oakland when there are actually tix popping up...

it’s great for the true fan seller for every show 
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Yeah, generally that can be a very productive time. Congrats.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,268
    I was doing the same task when I got my St Louis confirmation. Maybe we're on to something here.
  • BRB...no wait, you can come with
  • gatorjamgatorjam Posts: 187
    Oakland has a bunch of seats available behind the stage.
    2003-Tampa
    2006-East Rutherford
    2008-West Palm Beach
    2009- Philadelphia
    2016- Fort Lauderdale and Miami
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    Last night had to take a pre sleep dump. Thought, shit, one more look before I sleep. Hit Oakland 1. Nothing I want. Hit Oakland 2. Section 108. And was able to get them. I would have shit my pants if I wasn’t already in the motion. 

So now my wife and I are going to one show for sure. It’s like gambling for tickets. But with zero to little risk. It’s awesome. No mark ups. Nothing. When I think of it, I check for tickets. That’s all. 

Can’t wait. Hoping for both nights. But happy with one so far!!!

Oakland Night 1 I think will be a hard ticket to get. I currently have seats in section 224 behind the stage and have been stalking the F2F for this show to try and improve my seating. With the exception of two pairs in the 100 section popping up (that I saw anyway), only seats in the upper level behind the stage remain and even those are starting to be scooped up. 
  • RobZRobZ Posts: 181
    edited February 2020
    Agree, I like it too...just wish Denver and NYC were included.
    Post edited by RobZ on
    2006: Las Vegas, Nevada
    2009: Salt Lake City, Utah
    2012: Missoula, Montana
    2014: Denver, Colorado
    2018: Missoula, Montana

• RobZ said:
    This
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946
    RobZ said:

Why?
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • I saw some just pop up for Oakland 1 in section 219. But now they are gone. Lol
  • Thanks everyone!! Yea l, pooping is when I’m my most productive. Lol
  • I’ve been looking for Baltimore.  Thanks for the idea to do so from the bathroom.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • jpgoegeljpgoegel Posts: 412
    Have struck out a good 20 times but despite 0 success I like this.  It's fun.
  • Stupid question...sorry, Friday night. 

Are MSG tickets eligible for F2F?  Or would I need to use stub hub or the like?  
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    16chez21 said:
    Stupid question...sorry, Friday night. 

No it is not on F2F. 
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    16chez21 said:
    Stupid question...sorry, Friday night. 

I'll take them off your hands
    mpedone said:
    RobZ said:

Why?
    Why??...because I'd like to see 10C members get a fair shake at face-value F2F tix (just like the other shows) instead of paying scalped prices on Stub Hub or other brokered sites.  Also, attempting to "transfer" a ticket doesn't help me as a seller if I have an emergency last minute and can't attend---I should just be able to post my F2F and forget about it.

• mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946
    RobZ said:
    mpedone said:
    RobZ said:

Why?
    Why??...because I'd like to see 10C members get a fair shake at face-value F2F tix (just like the other shows) instead of paying scalped prices on Stub Hub or other brokered sites.  Also, attempting to "transfer" a ticket doesn't help me as a seller if I have an emergency last minute and can't attend---I should just be able to post my F2F and forget about it.
    You can list those tickets anywhere you'd like, at any price you'd like (and, you can sell them directly to a fellow fan for face value right here in the forum). Put them on StubHub for face value - I don't think you'd have to worry much about them selling.

Also, F2F is open to the general public, including scalpers. Would be a great way to snag some more face value tickets they could turn around and resell.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    mpedone said:
    RobZ said:

Why?
    I’ve given up trying to explain to people why the existence of a Fan To Fan Exchange for MSG would not help them actually get tickets. But having seen the situation of people trying to hunt for Baltimore tickets, which are rare but at least people are posting them sometimes, picturing people sitting around and endlessly refreshing the MSG ticket page in hopes that some unicorn out there will sell their extras via TM rather than StubHub or transferring directly to a friend is about the bleakest thing I can imagine. 

Waiting For Godot: Pearl Jam Edition
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
    tdawe said:
    mpedone said:
    RobZ said:

Why?
    I’ve given up trying to explain to people why the existence of a Fan To Fan Exchange for MSG would not help them actually get tickets. But having seen the situation of people trying to hunt for Baltimore tickets, which are rare but at least people are posting them sometimes, picturing people sitting around and endlessly refreshing the MSG ticket page in hopes that some unicorn out there will sell their extras via TM rather than StubHub or transferring directly to a friend is about the bleakest thing I can imagine. 

Perhaps...Baltimore being the exception, I've seen a lot of happy fans here that continue to score tix to LA, Oakland, Nashville, St Louis, OKC and Arizona.

• rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    BRB...no wait, you can come with
    LOL
    RobZ said:
    tdawe said:
    mpedone said:
    RobZ said:

Why?

Perhaps...Baltimore being the exception, I've seen a lot of happy fans here that continue to score tix to LA, Oakland, Nashville, St Louis, OKC and Arizona.
    Yeah but the point is that almost nobody who has tickets to get rid of would do so in the exchange. It’s possible to hypothetically imagine someone doing that (someone who wants to get rid of the tickets but is morally against making any money off of it on StubHub, and does not actually know anyone IRL who would want to take them off their hands, and also either not a 10C member or who doesn’t know or care about their ability to sell them to someone through the forum here). But there’s a very low probability, in my opinion, that even one person who fits all of those criteria actually exists. So anyone hoping to score face value tickets from a stranger for MSG would be in for an even more soul-deadening month than the Baltimore people. At least they get a few drops a day to get the adrenaline flowing. 

And that’s not even to mention the fact that scalper bots would be crawling all over the MSG page snapping everything up. For Baltimore it feels like you’re fighting bots, for MSG you actually would be. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634
    They are bots. Wait until the day of the show and scalpers are outside the venue allowing people to use their phone to get in the venue then texting a screenshot to the buyer. Transactions do not happen this fast with human hands. The other thing is that if someone was against making a cent off of tickets they could always list on stub hub to recoup only what they paid. IMO they better partnership is Stubhub. Charge fees who cares but the ticket cost could be the face. 
    cmalisze said:
    They are bots. Wait until the day of the show and scalpers are outside the venue allowing people to use their phone to get in the venue then texting a screenshot to the buyer. Transactions do not happen this fast with human hands. The other thing is that if someone was against making a cent off of tickets they could always list on stub hub to recoup only what they paid. IMO they better partnership is Stubhub. Charge fees who cares but the ticket cost could be the face. 
    I don’t know - my impression from the F2F for dummies thread is that most of the tickets that have dropped have been accounted for either in that thread or Facebook. It sure seems like they’re going to fans at least for the most part. 
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634
    tdawe said:
    cmalisze said:
    I don’t know - my impression from the F2F for dummies thread is that most of the tickets that have dropped have been accounted for either in that thread or Facebook. It sure seems like they’re going to fans at least for the most part. 
    Certainly possible I am wrong. I just cannot imagine a scenario where people are this quick to act. Additionally, Ticketmaster's platform usually allows for time to checkout once a pair is carted. Not the case here. Just another advantage to having a bot. It doesn't add up. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    edited February 2020
    tdawe said:
    cmalisze said:
    Everyone that is really following this real time can see that is true tdawe. Plenty of evidence to support that fans are getting these.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,525
    I think its decent.  For the most part they found great ways to get tickets in the fans and keep them at face value.   They now also have a way to move a small percentage of the tickets to cure that F5 craving some people have.
  • One thing I will bitch about with this and it’s not Pearl Jam but Ticketmaster and their bullshit. 

3 different times so far I have picked tickets. They say please hold while we secure your tickets. I tap to pay and it says please hold while we secure tickets again and then I get the message that someone already got them. Isn’t securing the ticket, like holding it so you can buy it till you do or release them. I get all excited and then Ticketmaster gives me a big FUCK YOU and back to being my miserable self till the next time. 

I fucking hate Ticketmaster but fan to fan should be the standard going forward.