Pearl Jam on Howard Stern?

Howard has said many times he always wanted Eddie on his show.  Now with PJ playing the Apollo Sirius XM gig (which I would assume Howard will attend), can we expect Ed or the band to finally make their Stern show debut?

Comments

• Eh.  no on real need to.  I cannot stand Stern either so please.....no.
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,791
    edited February 2020
    At least perform something in the studio. Some musicians have performed there without being on the show
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Not that I’d mind that, but don’t Pearl Jam have their own Sirius channel to promote and do an interview or play on if they wanted?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    Eh.  no on real need to.  I cannot stand Stern either so please.....no.
    May I ask why? 
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    Not that I’d mind that, but don’t Pearl Jam have their own Sirius channel to promote and do an interview or play on if they wanted?
    Stern has a far bigger audience than the PJ channel. 
  • Two points:  The concert is on a Thursday. Howard spends a lot of his weekends on Long Island. If he was in town, he would be in bed by then.

Howard works M-W. PJ will probably be in NYC late Thursday.

Maybe another time. Howard’s Neil young interview was great and he loved Cornell. 

• SHZA said:
    Not that I’d mind that, but don’t Pearl Jam have their own Sirius channel to promote and do an interview or play on if they wanted?
    Hey, I’m a fan.  But as 100 other threads have said - Eddie is not going to let him do his free wheeling open topic conversation and Howard has said many times he won’t let guests dictate his interview.   So this would seem to be DOA. 

And I think the band isn’t really worried about their popularity.  

But who knows?  
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    Howard said yesterday he will attend the show but had very little details about the event. I wish EV would go on, but it’s not happening. 
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • The band will not go on because they don’t want to be asked about the Fan Club singles.
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    edited February 2020
    SHZA said:
    Hey, I’m a fan.  But as 100 other threads have said - Eddie is not going to let him do his free wheeling open topic conversation and Howard has said many times he won’t let guests dictate his interview.   So this would seem to be DOA. 

And I think the band isn’t really worried about their popularity.  

But who knows?  
    Agree about the interview, but bands have come in to do a few songs without the full blown interview. The band may not be worried about popularity, but they (or the label) obviously aren't opposed to promoting the new record or they wouldn't be tweeting about the new songs constantly. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • The band will not go on because they don’t want to be asked about the Fan Club singles.
    zing!
    That I no longer give a fuck
    Who is wrong and who’s right
  • Howard is the best interviewer of all time. Long gone are his days of shock interviews and now has the long form conversations that lead to greatness. Howard is not an idiot. And is a fan of the band. I think the interview would go great. Some good laughs and some insightful questions. It would be win win for all involved. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Who let Kaplan into the 10C?
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,671
    Howard is the best interviewer of all time. Long gone are his days of shock interviews and now has the long form conversations that lead to greatness. Howard is not an idiot. And is a fan of the band. I think the interview would go great. Some good laughs and some insightful questions. It would be win win for all involved. 
    Agree with this.
    Just go on youtube and watch/listen to Hillary Clinton interview to see how good he is.
  • Who let Kaplan into the 10C?
    Fred plays elephant stomping sounds. 
  • Howard is the best interviewer of all time. Long gone are his days of shock interviews and now has the long form conversations that lead to greatness. Howard is not an idiot. And is a fan of the band. I think the interview would go great. Some good laughs and some insightful questions. It would be win win for all involved. 
    Long interviews don't mean good interviews. I used to be a huge fan. Now he conducts a paint by the numbers interview along with the ass kissing style he used to detest. 
    Expect gems like, Would you say your singing is all just a cry for attention from your mother/father? You remember this one? (plays Jeremy) Would you say Mike/Stone/Jeff are really the love of your life?  Man I really need to be in a band...

This... Stern is hands down the best interviewer I've heard, he really does his homework in advance, and most celebrities seem to enjoy it.

With that being said, I would be shocked if Ed ever did this show, it would be pretty out of character for him.

Long interviews don't mean good interviews. I used to be a huge fan. Now he conducts a paint by the numbers interview along with the ass kissing style he used to detest. 
    Expect gems like, Would you say your singing is all just a cry for attention from your mother/father? You remember this one? (plays Jeremy) Would you say Mike/Stone/Jeff are really the love of your life?  Man I really need to be in a band...
    +1000. 
    Stern has definitely become a star f-er in recent years, but celebrities open up to him... I don't think it's paint by numbers at all, I think he does his research on the interviewees and asks some great questions.
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Posts: 1,269
    Howard is the best interviewer of all time. Long gone are his days of shock interviews and now has the long form conversations that lead to greatness. Howard is not an idiot. And is a fan of the band. I think the interview would go great. Some good laughs and some insightful questions. It would be win win for all involved. 
    Agree with this.
    Just go on youtube and watch/listen to Hillary Clinton interview to see how good he is.
    I think I would rather listen to shit sounds than listen to ANY politician play pretend for 2 hours. I do agree that Stern has aged much better than what I would have thought growing up during his shock jock days.

• It's funny to hear people say he is the greatest interviewer ever. It sounds like he is trying to be the guests therapist/psychiatrist to me. 
    Also, guests absolutely dictate what is brought up. Hillary Clinton was case in point. Nothing on Bill's promiscuous lifestyle. 
    looking to hear of the earth
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,948
    Is Howard Stern still a thing?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• gatorjamgatorjam Posts: 187
    I think they will be on one of the Late night shows around the time the album drops, my money is on Jimmy Fallon.  
    2003-Tampa
    2006-East Rutherford
    2008-West Palm Beach
    2009- Philadelphia
    2016- Fort Lauderdale and Miami
  • Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    I'd rather hear anyone of them go on Marc Maron WTF pod cast.  Josh Homme, Dave Grohl, Chris Cornell and others have been on. Think this would be much better than Stern.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,355
    on2legs said:
    Seriously?

He is the best interviewer. The best.
    hippiemom = goodness
    on2legs said:
    It's like people asking if Pearl Jam are still a thing
    I miss igotid88
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,948
    igotid88 said:
    on2legs said:
    Well... other than the fact that  I can actually listen to Pearl Jam on commercial radio I guess it’s the same thing. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779
    Whose better?

piers asshat morgan

that michael Jackson interviewer dude

dianevsawyer

oprah

nope it’s Howard by a country mile
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Posts: 1,269
    CROJAM95 said:
    Whose better?

piers asshat morgan

that michael Jackson interviewer dude

dianevsawyer

oprah

nope it’s Howard by a country mile
    Ron Bennington
    on2legs said:
    igotid88 said:
    on2legs said:
    Well... other than the fact that  I can actually listen to Pearl Jam on commercial radio I guess it’s the same thing. 
    Doesn't mean he's not relevant. And he left by choice
    I miss igotid88