Tattoo Advice

I posted this story back when last year when it happened, but I took a very hard fall at the Eddie/Who show in Wembley Stadium in July and wound up completely shattering my shoulder, which required 12 screws to reconstruct when I got back home.

The surgery went well, and it's back to like 80% usage, but I hate waking up every day and seeing the scar.  I am a control freak, and not having any power over it is driving me crazy.

Anyway, I decided the best way to own it would be to get a tattoo to accent it.

I am thinking about getting it turned into an arrow, with quivers of feathers along the top and a spearhead at the bottom.

These links give a good idea of what I am thinking about, but I am looking for any suggestions or advice.

https://www.demilked.com/scars-tattoos-cover-up/

https://www.totalbeauty.com/content/slideshows/19-arrow-tattoos-surprisingly-chic-171010/page1

Here is a pic of what we are working with as well.

Thoughts?

'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,746
    have you chosen an artist who has experience in scar work? I'd start there. One chosen see what they envision, what choices they could offer and go from there?

Are you seeking highlight it or mask/cover as much as possible.

They could offer something you really dig....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    I just want to accent it.

In my mind's eye the scar itself would remain as the shaft of the arrow, but with feathers at the top and a spearhead at the bottom.

I have not started to look into artists yet.  Still in the formative planning stages really.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,746
    I think location can also play a role in final design.

so what then would the arrow represent for you. imo, ideally,  any tattoo should have some kind of personal significance....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    Get a tattoo of a scar on the other shoulder, so it looks symmetrical. 
  • Turn it into a matt cameron drum stick
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Turn it into a matt cameron drum stick
    That is a seriously good idea.

• Perfect
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365
    Turn it into a lightning bolt
    edited February 2020
    My 1st name starts with an E, so I am thinking about maybe turning it into an E note leaving the scar exposed as the bar down the middle.

and maybe this along the top.

Post edited by Saltzy23 on
  • Just have the scar underlining the phrase
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07