Breakfast with Stone

Comments

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,441
    Milk helps bones grow! Does a body good...
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,441
    URthekey said:
    So Stone.....do you like toast?
    IDK about toast but I’m pretty  sure he likes milk.

https://youtu.be/szkgylvDYA4
  • Pap said:
    If you have breakfast with stone you may be able to work in a song request.  Just sayin.
    https66mediatumblrcom90b89682c5fdaf7acbe4270d8624b632tumblr_ozjio4M58Y1s4fwg6o1_400gifv
    I was so fucking impressed by my friend in the theatre. One note in and he whispers "Steely Dan!" I was like... what?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,552
    URthekey said:
    what the.....?
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• PJinILPJinIL Posts: 433
    edited February 2020
    URthekey said:
    what the.....?
    Yeah, for real. This is new material to my eyes. What the serious hell is this! Love the look on Jeff's face!
    It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,247
    I think if I win,its gonna be a pretty silent breakfast.
  • KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,071
    I would 100% have to write down questions and do an interview for the 10c forum or have some gimmick like that for it to not be terrible for the both of us. What a good guy for being able to endure stuff like that willingly.
  • PapPap Posts: 28,777
    PJinIL said:
    URthekey said:
    what the.....?
    Yeah, for real. This is new material to my eyes. What the serious hell is this! Love the look on Jeff's face!
    That picture's from the 2008 concert in Mansfield (Night 2).
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,836
    KN219077 said:
    I would 100% have to write down questions and do an interview for the 10c forum or have some gimmick like that for it to not be terrible for the both of us. What a good guy for being able to endure stuff like that willingly.
    Same thoughts here...
    ”so uh... did you just need to pee real bad at the end of Wrigley 2 2018 or were you mad about playing in the rain?” 
    *45 minutes of awkward silence*
  • KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,071
    tschav said:
    KN219077 said:
    Same thoughts here...
    ”so uh... did you just need to pee real bad at the end of Wrigley 2 2018 or were you mad about playing in the rain?” 
    *45 minutes of awkward silence*
    Exactly. 
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    Stone has to be aware that some fans know more about his life that he does. Hahaha. 

I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    At first, I thought that there would be no problem with breakfast. After all, why not just talk about stuff I would talk with any new person about?

Then I realized that anything I asked beyond the most blandly superficial could come across as really intrusive and stalker-ish,like I'm going to sell every morsel of information to TMZ.

Ooof.

We're back to "so, Stone, what's your opinion of the merits of multigrain versus sourdough?"
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I'd do it like when lunch with Larry was auctioned off on Curb, but I'd be Larry and Stone would be the poor guy championing Groat's Disease research.  One of my favorite scenes EVER.

"Monsieur Spleen" :rofl:
  • mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 796
    Fantasy:  You win the breakfast with Stone and are seated across from him enjoying an orange juice at a tiny table in a sunny breakfast nook amidst orchids and ferns

Reality:  You are sitting at the end of a long banquet table and if you adjust your glasses just right, you can make out Stone, surrounded by security and wearing a velour bathrobe.  In his left hand is a scepter, terminated atop by what looks like a milk cow wrestling a cobra.  In his right hand he holds a golden chalice.  A single shaft of light from the high windows is refracted through what must be a Super Bowl X ring and illuminates a sunburst Les Paul off in the corner of the giant banquet room.  The dusty string of sunbeam makes it glow like it’s illuminated from within and you suddenly realize you have no idea what Ovaltine even is or just why someone would have spiked yours..
  • flyerphanflyerphan Posts: 9
    edited February 2020
    Edit. 
    Post edited by flyerphan on
  • flyerphanflyerphan Posts: 9
    edited February 2020
    Edit. 
    Post edited by flyerphan on
  • What a treat it would be to dine and chat with this man. He seems like an intelligent guy with a sense of humour. And I agree, what a good guy to take this on.
  • He could end up with a right weirdo  sitting with him. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    edited February 2020
    I hope I’m that weirdo. I don’t know what a right weirdo is. 

Seriously, what do you talk about? Try and get some requests in? Social issues? Music? Weed? He really must have pulled the shortest straw cause if I was him this would just sound horrible. 
    Post edited by pearljammr78 on
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • moleculemolecule Posts: 622
    I think mostly just treat the dude like a normal person. I'd bet he ask a lot of questions and drive the conversation.
    🤙
  • Zero desire for this to be arranged for myself -- now, if I happened to sit down next to someone and notice it was SG?  It would be on and would have no issue engaging in conversation and feeling comfortable or not having conversation if he was uninterested, same as I would in any situation.
    To have someone agree to have breakfast with me, as a fan of him and his band?  Just feel that would be too awkward for me to enjoy and want any part of, although I applaud his effort to want to support the fund raising with such an activity.  From his side the potential for it being strange would seem much, much, higher!  Good for him for doing this...and I hope he enjoys however it ends up going down or at least finds it tolerable.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Bayleaf was pretty good.  Wonder if is finally thru with sleeping around?
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946
    molecule said:
    I think mostly just treat the dude like a normal person. I'd bet he ask a lot of questions and drive the conversation.

I was literally about to post this. Just chat with him. Ask him how the tour is going. If you were at one of the Canadian shows, there's probably something that happened that you can ask about. Failing that, shoot the shit about sports, cars, whatever. It doesn't have to be a deep, meaningful conversation. Stone's just this guy, you know?

"I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    You could mention a city you would love to see PJ perform and a song you would love to hear.  At the very least, you get a song probably. 
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    breakfast with Stone sounds awesome.  but cocktails with the entire band... =)
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    i'd ask what the hell they do with the downtime on the road and what a normal day is like not touring or recording. what the heck do these guys do on a normal day?  i've always wondered this.  

also Orange Juice, pits or no pits?

• ADMIRE ME
    ADMIRE MY HOME
    ADMIRE THIS GUY
    HIS NAME'S STONE
    '96: Toronto / '00: Toronto, Montreal / '03: Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal, NYC I & II, Hershey / '04: Toledo, Grand Rapids / '05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto / '06: Toronto I & II / '07: Chicago (The Vic), Lolla / '09: Toronto / '11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II / '13: London ON, Wrigley, Buffalo, Brooklyn I & II / '16: Toronto I & II, Fenway I & II / '18: London UK I, Wrigley I & II, Fenway I
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,552
    I'd act disappointed and say "fuck, I was hoping you'd bring Jeff, alright, let's get this over with". 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946
    I'd act disappointed and say "fuck, I was hoping you'd bring Jeff, alright, let's get this over with". 

"Oh, I thought this was breakfast with THE STONES. You play in that other band, right? Um... Citizen Dick?"
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • One thing for sure. I would go Stoned to have breakfast with Stone. Hopefully we puff puff pass together before grubbing down on some omelets and coffee. Then I would throw in a request for wash, hard to imagine and sleight of hand. 

Then I wake up from that beautiful dream and realize I’m not going. Shit
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.