Options

Pearl Jam at The Apollo

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    Jed said:
    it's just ringing and ringing! what do I do?!?!
    In the past that has meant they turned off the phones cause they got a winner. But I usually just let it ring the full five minutes till it times out. 
    I just timed out at 5. What a terrible feeling lol
    Same here.  gutted
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Mac57Mac57 Posts: 269
    Congrats to the winners.
    Tomorrows another day.
    2008 MSG I & II
    2010 Newark, MSG I
    2013 Wrigley Field, Brooklyn I & II, Hartford, LA I & II, San Diego
    2014 Detroit, Moline, St. Paul & Milwaukee
    2015 Ed Sullivan Theater/ Central Park
    2016 FTL, Miami, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1
    2017 RRHOF
    2018 Seattle I & II, Missoula, Boston I & II
    2022 Apollo, MSG, Camden, Nashville & St. Louis
    2023 St.P. 1 & 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,330
    Mine rang for 5 minutes straight and then eventually hung up. Haven’t had that one happen before. 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    Struck out again.   Will i ever talk to a human on there? :lol:
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    I called one last time and it is ringing.  got to be over right?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Man I’d love to even get through just once 
    Careful what you wish for. I was saying that Friday and today I was caller 21.
  • Options
    moleculemolecule Posts: 611
    Probably over but hey, let it go!
    🤙
  • Options
    Fun as hell this morning. Got "Miracles" played lol and was caller 9. It was nice to get through. For the record, rang three times and they picked up. Said Caller 9, please try again.
    🤙
  • Options
    Call dropped after 4 minutes of ringing
    Severed Hand
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,483
    molecule said:
    Fun as hell this morning. Got "Miracles" played lol and was caller 9. It was nice to get through. For the record, rang three times and they picked up. Said Caller 9, please try again.
    As much as we're all cursing our phones, the other callers, and life in general in search of the Apollo, you're doing a great job with morale, sir. A lot of you guys are. Cheers with coffee to ya.

PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 325
    Just rang for 5 mins starting at 12:09
  • Options
    mmlampemmlampe Posts: 1
    edited February 2020
    I had 2 phones ringing at start of song and timed out after DTE ended. I was shocked no pick up. Thought I’d at least be a caller number under 10. 
    Caller 16 on first play. 
    Post edited by mmlampe on
  • Options
    I was caller 2 on the first play this morning and caller 17 on the second play.....Definitely used up all my ju ju today
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,165
    See everyone tomorrow evening!
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    I hear what you're saying and it does suck to be #21, but I just want to get through so I can at least feel like I have a chance. It's really frustrating when you don't even "get a chance to play". But, I'll be back at it tomorrow. Congrats to the winners! 
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    Go Animal said:
    molecule said:
    As much as we're all cursing our phones, the other callers, and life in general in search of the Apollo, you're doing a great job with morale, sir. A lot of you guys are. Cheers with coffee to ya.

Back at ya. Cheers!
    🤙
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    I was caller 2 on the first play this morning and caller 17 on the second play.....Definitely used up all my ju ju today
    That blows my mind lol.  I have yet to get a human on the phone in these weeks.  Using multiple phones, etc. 
  • Options
    afgpjafgpj Upstate NY Posts: 142
    That blows my mind lol.  I have yet to get a human on the phone in these weeks.  Using multiple phones, etc. 
    3 and 18 today for me.  Right behind you
  • Options
    Best “It’s Okay” ever. Always gives me the chills. Lucky enough to have seen it live.  Always gets me.
    Absolutely. 
    I was there also.  I remember his putting his foot on the monitor and grabbing the piece of paper with the lyrics on it.  still gives me chills.

• Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,165
    edited February 2020
     If anyone here likes to win Pearl Jam contests... don't forget there are still 2 weeks left to enter the Tunespeak Vinyl giveaway. Someone is gonna take home a Benny: http://tnspk.co/t5vsraw
  • Options
    pthomnpthomn Posts: 115
    nicknyr15 said:
    I hear what you're saying and it does suck to be #21, but I just want to get through so I can at least feel like I have a chance. It's really frustrating when you don't even "get a chance to play". But, I'll be back at it tomorrow. Congrats to the winners! 
    I was caller 21 Friday night. It played over and over in my mind all weekend. It's also the only time I've gotten through. talk about the worst feeling. GUTTED! knowing you are so close, so close to one of the most epic concerts ever.... I keep replaying this and that. I screamed NOOOOOOOO when they said 21 and the guy laughed and hung up... 
  • Options
    MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 325
    How long after the song started playing did you get through at #21?  Trying to figure out when to give up on hearing “All Circuits Are Busy” again and again!

pthomn said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I was caller 21 Friday night. It played over and over in my mind all weekend. It's also the only time I've gotten through. talk about the worst feeling. GUTTED! knowing you are so close, so close to one of the most epic concerts ever.... I keep replaying this and that. I screamed NOOOOOOOO when they said 21 and the guy laughed and hung up... 

• Options
    MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    pthomn said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    aww.  i think i would've cried.
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • Options
    asutton327asutton327 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 116
    Just heard DTE on Spotify. Does that count?
  • Options
    MKSNYC said:
    How long after the song started playing did you get through at #21?  Trying to figure out when to give up on hearing “All Circuits Are Busy” again and again!

pthomn said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Usually within 10 minutes. Most of us have been calling between 10-15 minutes.

At least for me, today felt faster, For the second play today, I heard the promo playing online around 11:52. I started calling and got caller 9 at 11:54. Caller 17 posted at 11:56.
    🤙
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,909
    Last week I heard Alive on terrestrial radio a couple hours after one of the SiriusXM time windows and I flinched.
  • Options
    kasedoug said:
    Last week I heard Alive on terrestrial radio a couple hours after one of the SiriusXM time windows and I flinched.
    This morning, when they played Go on PJRadio, it hit me that this is the third week I've been "less than productive" 5 hours each day. 
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    edited February 2020
    Ok all, here is what i have taken away from the last two weeks of this contest. Not sure if any of it matters, it's all probably just boils down to luck but a few things...
    * I have been listening on Alexa. I linked my siriusxm account to it. She may be a few seconds off from the car feed, but not by much at all. I would hear the promo, get a text message ready to send to my group to start calling, hit send on first note and then dial. 
    * 75% of my calls are dead silence followed by the do,do, do we're sorry your call cant be completed at this time- i hang up as soon as i here the do, do, do and redial. 
    *another 20% of the calls are dead silence, followed by a user busy and busy signal, i quick hit the call back button on iphone. 
    * a few just ring and ring for 5 minutes then it cuts you off.  I think this happens once they have the winner on line and are just clearing the lines. 
    * a few times i got through. Got a number 2, 8, 13, 18 and one someone answered and just hung up. All those times i heard music playing (whatever song was on at the moment for about 30 seconds before the person comes on and says my number and hangs up)
    * today, on my 11th attempt dialing it immediately rang and he picked up after about 4 rings and just said Hello. Didnt tell me if i won or not. I asked him if i was caller 22 and he said Maybe, have a few questions to ask you first.
    * asked me basic questions- age, address, DOB, can i be in NYC on 3/26, etc
    * I must have dialed PJ Radio 500plus times over the last two weeks.  average 30 tries per play.  I didn't give up until about 3 min after i would see someone post on here they were caller 21 or that they won. 
    * as of now, my brother is my plus one. He took 16 year old me to my first show- Randall's island 96 and created this obsession. 

GOOD LUCK ALL. It can be done! Keep at it! 
    Post edited by MakeUSmile on
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    JadlerJadler Posts: 706
    Ok all, here is what i have taken away from the last two weeks of this contest. Not sure if any of it matters, it's all probably just boils down to luck but a few things...
    * I have been listening on Alexa. I linked my siriusxm account to it. She may be a few seconds off from the car feed, but not by much at all. I would hear the promo, get a text message ready to send to my group to start calling, hit send on first note and then dial. 
    * 75% of my calls are dead silence followed by the do,do, do we're sorry your call cant be completed at this time- i hang up as soon as i here the do, do, do and redial. 
    *another 20% of the calls are dead silence, followed by a user busy and busy signal, i quick hit the call back button on iphone. 
    * a few just ring and ring for 5 minutes then it cuts you off.  I think this happens once they have the winner on line and are just clearing the lines. 
    * a few times i got through. Got a number 2, 8, 13, and one someone answered and just hung up. All those times i heard music playing (whatever song was on at the moment for about 30 seconds before the person comes on and says my number and hangs up)
    * today, on my 11th attempt dialing it immediately rang and he picked up after about 4 rings and just said Hello. Didnt tell me if i won or not. I asked him if i was caller 22 and he said Maybe, have a few questions to ask you first.
    * I must have dialed PJ Radio 500plus times over the last two weeks.  average 30 tries per play.  I didn't give up until about 3 min after i would see someone post on here they were caller 21 or that they won. 
    * as of now, my brother is my plus one. He took 16 year old me to my first show- Randall's island 96 and created this obsession. 

Awesome stuff here! I have had nearly the exact same experience (minus the winning!) good to know I’m doing the right thing. Congrats again! 
  • Options
    F5F5 Posts: 791
    * a few times i got through. Got a number 2, 8, 13, 18 and one someone answered and just hung up. All those times i heard music playing (whatever song was on at the moment for about 30 seconds before the person comes on and says my number and hangs up)

Super epic. Congratulations! No doubt this will be a once in a lifetime experience.
    Bridge - 10/25/03
    Mansfield I - 6/28/08
    Eddie NYC - 8/4/08
    Seattle - 9/21/09, 9/22/09
    Salt Lake City 9/28/09
    LA 9/30/09, 10/07/09
    San Diego 10/9/09
    Alpine Valley 9/03/11, 9/04/11
    Ashbury Park 9/18/21
    LA 5/06/21, 5/07/21
    Phoenix 05/09/22
    NYC 9/11/22