Options

Pearl Jam at The Apollo

Comments

• Options
    washed in blackwashed in black Posts: 838
    edited March 2020
    iO letsgo said:
    MR242791 said:
    hey who suggested using the amazon echo to listen to sirius live?   I bought one to see if there is only a 3 second delay but I still have the same two minute delay that i get on my iphone app.  what am i doing wrong?
    My echo dot has the 2 1/2 minute lag

@MR242791 not sure. Mine is right on point. About 3 seconds off.   I linked my SiriusXM account to it in the app. Now I just say. “Alexa, play Pearl Jam radio channel 22”  and she replies with “Pearl Jam radio  from Tricia’s SiriusXM” 
    mine as well.  it must be successfully linked to your XM account
    I just unlinked and relinked it. Still has the lag.

Though I did link through my streaming account credentials, maybe if I try to link through my SiriusXM account login it would be closer to live? Going to try that now.
    ETA: Didn't help :(  
    Post edited by washed in black on
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    Kovsar86Kovsar86 Scranton, PA Posts: 756
    Well, if no luck today atleast my signed copy of Dave Matthews “If We Were Giants” got here ❤️
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Options
    MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    iO letsgo said:
    MR242791 said:
    hey who suggested using the amazon echo to listen to sirius live?   I bought one to see if there is only a 3 second delay but I still have the same two minute delay that i get on my iphone app.  what am i doing wrong?

@MR242791 not sure. Mine is right on point. About 3 seconds off.   I linked my SiriusXM account to it in the app. Now I just say. “Alexa, play Pearl Jam radio channel 22”  and she replies with “Pearl Jam radio  from Tricia’s SiriusXM” 

Though I did link through my streaming account credentials, maybe if I try to link through my SiriusXM account login it would be closer to live? Going to try that now.

thanks for the feedback
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,531
    iO letsgo said:
    MR242791 said:

I wouldn't think Alexa somehow has access to a faster broadcast than every other streaming device on the market 
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    iO letsgo said:
    MR242791 said:

I wouldn't think Alexa somehow has access to a faster broadcast than every other streaming device on the market 
    I wouldn't think so either. Yet a previous poster (sorry, I can't remember who) said their echo is only 3 seconds behind the live satellite
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 587
    My echo is very very close to live. The ipad app...no where near live. 
  • Options
    Anyone else just catch that the promo just said “you’re chance to win through Sunday?”. Old promo? Or are we going to have a shot the next few days as well 
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Anyone else just catch that the promo just said “you’re chance to win through Sunday?”. Old promo? Or are we going to have a shot the next few days as well 
    I heard that yesterday.  I wondered the same thing.  Random chances thru the weekend???
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,011
    Nope. No. I'm not spending my weekend this way. No way. I'm not. NAH GAH DAH.
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    It’s been saying through Sunday for awhile now.  Said it last week too.

im the Alexa listener and winner. It works for me. Not sure why, but it does.  Even when playing through Alexa app on phone vs on the echo dot it self. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,165
    PP193448 said:
    I heard that yesterday.  I wondered the same thing.  Random chances thru the weekend???
    Every week they have played promos for "win through Sunday" but the rules clearly state that the last window is tonight from 5 to 10. As far as I have heard on these boards, no won has won anything on a weekend.
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,165
    Kovsar86 said:
    Well, if no luck today atleast my signed copy of Dave Matthews “If We Were Giants” got here ❤️
    Very nice! I'm a huge DMB fan too. I can't wait to receive my copy.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Jed said:
    PP193448 said:
    Every week they have played promos for "win through Sunday" but the rules clearly state that the last window is tonight from 5 to 10. As far as I have heard on these boards, no won has won anything on a weekend.
    Ok.  Thanks.  So 2 chances tonight.  Good luck and hope 2 more forum members win.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,531

im the Alexa listener and winner. It works for me. Not sure why, but it does.  Even when playing through Alexa app on phone vs on the echo dot it self. 
    That did work for me on the Alexa app as well. Almost in sync. Interesting that sirius's own app lags so much.
  • Options
    miserojmiseroj Posts: 17
    SHZA said:

That did work for me on the Alexa app as well. Almost in sync. Interesting that sirius's own app lags so much.
    Same here!
    2003-7-12 Hershey, PA / 2006-5-27 Camden, NJ / 2008-6-19 Camden, NJ / 2013-11-26 Oakland, CA / 2014-6-20 Milan, IT / 2014-6-22 Trieste, IT / 2016-4-28 Philadelphia, PA / 2016-4-29 Philadelphia, PA / 2016-5-1 New York, NY / 2016-5-2 New York, NY / 2016-8-5 Boston, MA / 2016-8-7 Boston, MA / 2020-3-30 New York, NY
  • Options
    Kovsar86Kovsar86 Scranton, PA Posts: 756
    Jed said:
    Kovsar86 said:
    Very nice! I'm a huge DMB fan too. I can't wait to receive my copy.
    It made me so happy when it got here today! 
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 629
    SHZA said:

Yeah it makes no sense.  My Alexa is about 20 sec behind the radio, and it’s the same if use the Alexa app on the iPhone.  So how can Amazon get the signal out through the app 5 times faster than Sirius can through their own app or online stream?
  • Options
    bootleg said:
    SHZA said:

Yeah it makes no sense.  My Alexa is about 20 sec behind the radio, and it’s the same if use the Alexa app on the iPhone.  So how can Amazon get the signal out through the app 5 times faster than Sirius can through their own app or online stream?

• Options
    GR280729GR280729 Posts: 105
    Who the hell is Lauv and why would I want complimentary tickets to see them?  I thought that was the announcement I won the second chance for Apollo, but it wasn't.
  • Options
    No giveaways yet this afternoon?
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,011
    GR280729 said:
    Who the hell is Lauv and why would I want complimentary tickets to see them?  I thought that was the announcement I won the second chance for Apollo, but it wasn't.
    OH MY GOD I DIDN’T GET THE LAUV EMAIL SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH MY SUBSCRIPTION CALLING SIRIUS CS RIGHT NOW
  • Options
    moleculemolecule Posts: 611
    Not yet! Between 5-10 pm EST. Really ~6-10 pm EST because guest DJ is first at 5.
    🤙
  • Options
    LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    GR280729 said:
    Are you in South Florida?  I got the same, along with Maren Morris. Sadly, no Pearl Jam. 
  • Options
    MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    Lostpawn said:
    GR280729 said:
    Are you in South Florida?  I got the same, along with Maren Morris. Sadly, no Pearl Jam. 

I live in NYC and i got the Lauv email as well.  i was also hoping i won the Apollo tickets. lol
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • Options
    GR280729GR280729 Posts: 105
    Lostpawn said:
    GR280729 said:
    Outside of Philly.  Was hoping it was the Apollo.  Then I get to try and convince my wife we should go.  She is starting to say we can't because of the Coronavirus cases in NY and now 2 outside of Philly.
  • Options
    LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    GR280729 said:
    Lostpawn said:
    GR280729 said:
    Outside of Philly.  Was hoping it was the Apollo.  Then I get to try and convince my wife we should go.  She is starting to say we can't because of the Coronavirus cases in NY and now 2 outside of Philly.
    Sounds like Lauv is in need of some fans!
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    Just tried calling a family member and I got the all circuits are busy message. Had to double check I wasn’t calling PJ radio. The shit is hunting me. 
    NYPJ
  • Options
    molecule said:
    Not yet! Between 5-10 pm EST. Really ~6-10 pm EST because guest DJ is first at 5.
    Thank you !
  • Options
    moleculemolecule Posts: 611
    wall232 said:
    Just tried calling a family member and I got the all circuits are busy message. Had to double check I wasn’t calling PJ radio. The shit is hunting me. 
    LOL
    🤙
  • Options
    kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 288
    GR280729 said:
    Where outside of Philly?  I'm in Berwyn.
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22