Options

Pearl Jam at The Apollo

Comments

• Options
    Kovsar86Kovsar86 Scranton, PA Posts: 756
    edited March 2020
    tdawe said:
    In a weird way i’ll miss this group of us when this all ends :lol:
    Me too.  We’ll have to start an Apollo contest survivors thread. 
    We ain’t got nothing on the hard cases over in the Fan To Fan For Dummies thread. 
    Still hoping for Baltimore... but alas that one escapes me too... where are the fall dates. Need to plan accordingly for the wreck that will be my life once clinical starts haha. 
    Post edited by Kovsar86 on
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Options
    luvspearljamluvspearljam NY, NY Posts: 207
    I caught the cue to call as I was in a cab home from the NYR game. Never rang, same message....circuits are busy. 

I'm so tired. I called 56 times today alone. 
  • Options
    luvspearljamluvspearljam NY, NY Posts: 207
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT I WON!!!!! I have called every single time and have followed every post in this thread and am glad to finally make my very first post!!!!
    Good for you! If you need a +1, I live a 15 minute train ride and can be there at a moment's notice with dinner lol :bee:
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,664
    I caught the cue to call as I was in a cab home from the NYR game. Never rang, same message....circuits are busy. 

I'm so tired. I called 56 times today alone. 
    My wife tried 143x today.   I stopped at 150.   Lol
  • Options
    kasedoug said:
    My home phone connected and started ringing immediately at 6:52 PT. Thought I would at least get through for a number but it just rang for 5 minutes and disconnected again.
    Was in my car. Same time same exact thing. 
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    We ain’t got nothing on the hard cases over in the Fan To Fan For Dummies thread. 
    Oh ya, I can only imagine. Haven’t dipped my toe in that pond, but I heard a lot of frustration on the Faithfull forum a couple of weeks ago. I think our survivors’ group would be all about the good times rather than commiserating. 
  • Options
    Verizon cell phone, usually have the house phone trying too but it was in use. Jumped the gun and called during the promo and it kept ringing, which it rarely goes past 2 rings and I had a feeling I got caught in the endless ringing loop that has happened before they play it, I believe that is when they are clearing the lines. I was listening on the actual radio in my living room (I only had the streaming subscription and once I found out about the delay I got the portable radio and sound system before the contest started.) I believe it was shortly into the next song which I don't even remember what it was and I think it rang but am honestly not sure. Did not hear any background music. A woman answered and asked my name and everything after that is a blur. I just got back from my first trip to Vegas late last night and it seems I brought back some luck with me. Add me to the list of lucky ones going to Apollo, Baltimore, MSG. Keep at it everybody!
  • Options
    Verizon cell phone, usually have the house phone trying too but it was in use. Jumped the gun and called during the promo and it kept ringing, which it rarely goes past 2 rings and I had a feeling I got caught in the endless ringing loop that has happened before they play it, I believe that is when they are clearing the lines. I was listening on the actual radio in my living room (I only had the streaming subscription and once I found out about the delay I got the portable radio and sound system before the contest started.) I believe it was shortly into the next song which I don't even remember what it was and I think it rang but am honestly not sure. Did not hear any background music. A woman answered and asked my name and everything after that is a blur. I just got back from my first trip to Vegas late last night and it seems I brought back some luck with me. Add me to the list of lucky ones going to Apollo, Baltimore, MSG. Keep at it everybody!
    Congrats again! Now that you have Apollo and MSG; how about you sell your Baltimore to me? Pretty please? 😎🙏🏻🤣
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Options
    But to get this right, you called during the promo and it kept on ringing until you won? No other calls other than 1 this time? 
    This is something I don’t think we have heard yet?
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    #9, ugh
    Weird I got caller 9 as well at 9:56. I’m sure she said 9. 
    Definitely sounded like a 9 and it was also at 9:56. She didn't sound that sure though, lol
    Haha, well I hope she was more sure of herself for caller 22. 
    Columbus 6/24/03, Pittsburgh 9/28/05, Cleveland 5/20/06, Pittsburgh 6/23/06, Chicago 8/5/07, New York 6/24/08, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, Mansfield 6/30/08, EV D.C. 8/16/08, EV Chicago 8/22/08, EV Baltimore 6/14/09, Chicago 8/23/09, Philadelphia 10/27/09, Philadelphia 10/28/09, Philadelphia 10/30/09, Philadelphia 10/31/09, Columbus 5/6/10, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Cleveland 5/9/10, Buffalo 5/10/10, EV Detroit 6/26/11, Toronto 9/12/11, Hamilton 9/15/11, Pittsburgh 10/11/13, Buffalo 10/12/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, Los Angeles 11/24/13, Cincinnati 10/1/14, Detroit 10/16/14, New York 9/26/15, Greenville 4/16/16, Hampton 4/18/16, Columbia 4/21/16, Philadelphia 4/29/16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/22/16, Denver 9/22/22, Los Angeles 5/21/24
  • Options
    Kovsar86 said:
    But to get this right, you called during the promo and it kept on ringing until you won? No other calls other than 1 this time? 
    No, I called early the other day and it just rang for like 5 minutes straight and usually I get 2 rings and call circuits busy. I called during the tail end of the promo knowing it was gonna be next. But once it rang the 3rd time I had a feeling they were clearing the lines and I'd be wasting my call. Bold move I know, but had a feeling it was too early to have so many rings. called 14 more times and got through at 9:56.
  • Options
    Kovsar86 said:
    No, I called early the other day and it just rang for like 5 minutes straight and usually I get 2 rings and call circuits busy. I called during the tail end of the promo knowing it was gonna be next. But once it rang the 3rd time I had a feeling they were clearing the lines and I'd be wasting my call. Bold move I know, but had a feeling it was too early to have so many rings. called 14 more times and got through at 9:56.
    Gotcha! Thanks for clearing it up! Did ya see DMB at the Chelsea when you were in Vegas? That would be even more lucky
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,571
    edited March 2020
    Kovsar86 said:
    Well, i guess some of us don't have a chance based on this. My very first call was at 9:58 when the second  the song played and you already won 2 minutes before my call. My delay must be way behind.

Congrats on the win !! Glad to see real fans from here win.

Good LUCK tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Kovsar86 said:
    Kovsar86 said:
    Gotcha! Thanks for clearing it up! Did ya see DMB at the Chelsea when you were in Vegas? That would be even more lucky
    Yep, the Dave show was the reason for the trip, was a nice venue and GA floor, but still double the size of the Apollo, haha. well done indeed on that. Nice catch.
  • Options
    Kovsar86 said:
    Kovsar86 said:
    Yep, the Dave show was the reason for the trip, was a nice venue and GA floor, but still double the size of the Apollo, haha. well done indeed on that. Nice catch.
    Haha I love Dave. Can’t wait for Mohegan x2 and SPAC x2. I did the couch tour for Vegas and then listened multiple times live. The energy was palpable and that set list!!!! 
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Options
    jisola1986jisola1986 Posts: 44
    edited March 2020

Post edited by jisola1986 on
  • Options
    Kovsar86 said:
    Kovsar86 said:
    Kovsar86 said:
    Haha I love Dave. Can’t wait for Mohegan x2 and SPAC x2. I did the couch tour for Vegas and then listened multiple times live. The energy was palpable and that set list!!!! 
    Yeah lotta nice bustouts, glad they didn't play it safe. I'll be doing Deer Creek x2, SPAC x2, Jones Beach.
  • Options
    Kovsar86 said:
    Kovsar86 said:
    Kovsar86 said:
    Yeah lotta nice bustouts, glad they didn't play it safe. I'll be doing Deer Creek x2, SPAC x2, Jones Beach.
    See ya at SPAC! We are camping at Moreau. We thought about NH too but that might be a bit much after SPAC weekend. Wish we could do gorge but can’t do that after finishing NP school.
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Options
    Kovsar86 said:
    Kovsar86 said:
    Kovsar86 said:
    Kovsar86 said:
    See ya at SPAC! We are camping at Moreau. We thought about NH too but that might be a bit much after SPAC weekend. Wish we could do gorge but can’t do that after finishing NP school.
    When music worlds collide!! Lol I'm also going to DMB @ SPAC, Denver, Gorge, and Irvine. Been following them live since 99 but a PJ fan since they hit the airwaves. If only PJ toured as much and their tickets weren't so dang difficult to come by! Alas, back ti the phones tomorrow! 
  • Options
    moleculemolecule Posts: 611
    ekim997 said:
    What time tomorrow? 8-1?
    9-2 eastern..and also faithful forum at 5-6ish (i think)
    9-2 ET and FF is at 5 ET. Will post the notes in a bit.
    🤙
  • Options
    Well done. Congrats again on the win and enjoy all those shows!!!
    🤙
  • Options
    molecule said:
    ekim997 said:
    What time tomorrow? 8-1?
    9-2 eastern..and also faithful forum at 5-6ish (i think)
    9-2 ET and FF is at 5 ET. Will post the notes in a bit.
    Feels like we were just doing this... oh right, we were! Three hours to get things done then back at it. Wishing luck to all! Let’s make this a great day!!!
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    edited March 2020
    tdawe said:
    I’ve been trying so hard for Baltimore from the beginning and have missed so many.  Getting very discouraged.  I basically couldnt focus on Apollo bc unfortunately I let my XM acct lapse last year. If anyone wants to have mercy on me and take me as their +1, I’m very cool.  You will like me.  You would make me so happy!  I live in Jersey and it’s hard to imagine that I have no way in to the Apollo other than the Omaze contest (where my chances are like 1 in 1,000,000,000) or begging.  I think I like my chances begging better so here I am!  😂 
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    Good luck to everyone today!  3 pair in play, let’s get 3 winners!
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,664
    edited March 2020
    Oh man.  Had a dream last night that I gave it one last call after I thought someone had won.  Some picked up and said “Hi you’re #22 who’s this??”  I started yelling “did i win??”   It was too real.  They even got my info and put me on hold!  And then.....Apple Alarm Clock music.  

:lol:  3 tries today i guess. 
  • Options
    asutton327asutton327 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 116
    Good luck, y'all!!
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,335
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT I WON!!!!! I have called every single time and have followed every post in this thread and am glad to finally make my very first post!!!!
    Congrats!!! That’s awesome!
  • Options
    Good morning! Another day, another chance to win. Here's a briefing for today (Wednesday). Three chances today!

Song of the week: Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town
    Call in window: 9 am - 2 pm EST (6 am - 11 am PST)
    Chances to win: 2
    Number: 855-973-2755

Faithfull Forum
    Call in window: 5 pm - 6 pm EST (2 pm - 3 pm PST)
    Chances to win: 1
    Number: 855-973-2755

Listening Tips:
    • Online and satellite listeners have both won. They seem to start taking callers at online start time.
    • Online starts to play 2-2.5 minutes after satellite.
    • Satellite listeners have graciously posted here when the song starts. F5 is your friend.
    • A short promo for the contest typically plays before the song of the week is aired. That promo is typically shorter and includes audio of previous winners. updated
    • PJ Radio confirmed two plays for rest of contest with a like on Twitter.
    • There is typically at least 1 hour between each play, but has been longer.
    Dialing Tips:
    • When dialing, if you hear "all circuits are busy", "your call can not be completed", or get a standard busy signal, hang up and call again. Otherwise, wait!
    • Fans that have gotten through have reported dead air or hearing background music before a human picks up.
    • They don't announce the winner on air (except during the FF), but many have been trying for 10-15 minutes before giving up.
    • Ice cream can be used to keep children occupied while dialing (@MakeUSmile).
    Faithfull Forum:
    • Rob has given them away early in the show and late in the show. He typically gives notice at the beginning.
    • Week 1 started at 6 pm EST. Week 2 and 3 started at 5 pm EST. Week 4 (today) starts at 5 pm EST.

Good luck everyone!

Porch Winners (thanks for the list @MakeUSmile):
    • Danlee1095 2/12
    • LL105579 2/17
    • RS151862 2/18
    • KidsAtPlay 2/18
    • Kane316 2/19
    • Spawn492 2/21
    • MakeUSmile  2/24
    • Miseroj 2/25
    • Fatherhubber 2/26
    • JB23237 2/26
    • Stevenmorris87 2/27
    • Mac57 3/2
    • jisola1986 3/3 new

https://siriusxm.com/pjrules
    https://www.siriusxm.com/PJApollo (don't forget to enter for a chance to win)
    🤙
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,675
    Good morning from an old friend of the thread.  Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    Good luck today everyone!
    Off (s)He Goes