Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    Just checked out my credit card statement - yikes I've been busy this month (2 flights, 10 PJ tics, 2 Tool, t-shirt, 2 hotels)!
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,889
    How to give yourself an adrenaline rush while F5ing for Baltimore: accidentally click on another show that still has tickets available. 
  • epbadgerepbadger Posts: 663
    SHZA said:
    How to give yourself an adrenaline rush while F5ing for Baltimore: accidentally click on another show that still has tickets available. 
    Ha!!! yes I think we all know the feeling!
  • MyBitterHands76MyBitterHands76 Posts: 346
    edited March 2020
    Kovsar86 said:
    DH77340 said:
    Did I see a Baltimore single about an hour ago or is all the F5ing started to take a toll?.
    i didn’t say anything. F5 is taking a toll on all of us.
    Agree. Thinking about day breaking and on later but I know the second I do there will be drops. Always happens 
    I took one early in the week for about 2 days. Was much needed. It definitely does help. Feel like I’ve gotten further now than I ever have since I took the break, as far as almost scoring I mean.
    Post edited by MyBitterHands76 on
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    I’m starting to think that this corona virus uncertainty might affect decisions on whether to sell.  If you know you can’t go to any current shows, why not just hold onto them to see if they are rescheduled?  You know you can sell them in the few days before if they end up not rescheduling.  This thought combined with my own growing uncertainties about going (I’m a healthcare worker and my patients are all elderly and we care for my elderly in-laws who live with us) in addition to feeling discouraged by the seemingly bazillion f5 losses I’ve suffered from the beginning are leading me to feeling like I really need a day off today.  My family would also appreciate that.  

That said, if anyone announces a scheduled Baltimore drop I’ll probably be there f5ing.  
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • korn-1korn-1 Posts: 930
    Oak1 231 up
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    I’m starting to think that this corona virus uncertainty might affect decisions on whether to sell.  If you know you can’t go to any current shows, why not just hold onto them to see if they are rescheduled?  You know you can sell them in the few days before if they end up not rescheduling.  This thought combined with my own growing uncertainties about going (I’m a healthcare worker and my patients are all elderly and we care for my elderly in-laws who live with us) in addition to feeling discouraged by the seemingly bazillion f5 losses I’ve suffered from the beginning are leading me to feeling like I really need a day off today.  My family would also appreciate that.  

That said, if anyone announces a scheduled Baltimore drop I’ll probably be there f5ing.  
    I think that the musical chairs can only go on for so long. The Speculative buying from the 10C lottery adds good seats into the system and those are grabbed and either new people get em or people moving up. Moving up means seats in the back slow up. At some point there are no moves to make, besides the normal schedule conflicts that come up which will add inventory.

I would think that if people thought the shows were to be postponed or canceled that would add tickets if there was a worry about refunds.

Going to be slow from this point forward, up to the days leading up to the shows.

C

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,657
    It seems like the weekends have been slower anyway until we get to Sunday evening. 
    edited March 2020

I still can't list anything, so there's that 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • MF117973 said:
    It seems like the weekends have been slower anyway until we get to Sunday evening. 
    Yeah last Saturday was pretty slow. I think there was two or three drops in the morning than it was dead the rest of the day. Last Sunday was really good starting in the late afternoon through the evening. l half wonder if the same with happen this weekend.

• MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    There’s a girl on Facebook trying to list a pair of Baltimore floors but getting the same error message
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • auntdonutauntdonut Posts: 113
    We really broke TM!
    They didn't anticipate our determination, dedication, and commitment! 
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    auntdonut said:
    We really broke TM!
    I could see F2F tickets not being able to resold in future events. ...so no leap frogging.. I have seen some get posted this mornoing and some still reporting issues.

• pearljam92pearljam92 New Jersey Posts: 51
    auntdonut said:
    We really broke TM!
    Seems slower - lot of captchas today 
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 654
    If TM can charge $20/ticket in fees, they can afford the credit card fees for the F2F market.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
    MF117973 said:
    Yeah last Saturday was pretty slow. I think there was two or three drops in the morning than it was dead the rest of the day. Last Sunday was really good starting in the late afternoon through the evening. l half wonder if the same with happen this weekend.
    yeah, last Saturday was brutal. got exciting in the afternoon on sunday though. 
    ddeschler said:
    If TM can charge $20/ticket in fees, they can afford the credit card fees for the F2F market.
    Yeah, I'm sure they took all that into account when they made the deal with PJ to set this up. 
  • Kovsar86Kovsar86 Posts: 756
    Still crickets on the drops? I just woke up from a nap
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Kovsar86 said:
    Still crickets on the drops? I just woke up from a nap
    Very dead. Looking like a repeat of last Saturday 

🤦🏼‍♀️
    Off (s)He Goes
    So my question is if there is a seller loss of money when they go and list now?
    I ask because when I try to see tickets to another event I can set price. If I want to make back what I paid to include the fees I paid I have to price higher because TM is taking a cut there. 

Off (s)He Goes
  • HouryoHouryo Posts: 57
    TM resale system issue.  They said they have techs working on it.  Its been > 12 hours.
    Kovsar86 said:
    I ask because when I try to see tickets to another event I can set price. If I want to make back what I paid to include the fees I paid I have to price higher because TM is taking a cut there. 

No loss of money for seller. You get exactly what you paid including the fees and ticketmaster is not charging added fees on F2F 
    SHZA said:
    Kovsar86 said:

No loss of money for seller. You get exactly what you paid including the fees and ticketmaster is not charging added fees on F2F 
    Well that’s good atleast. On what I am trying to sell I will most likely lose money (not PJ) because I don’t want to go above what I paid, but to make back what I did pay kinda forced to
    Off (s)He Goes
    Houryo said:
    TM resale system issue.  They said they have techs working on it.  Its been > 12 hours.
    Definitely broke before 2am est
    Off (s)He Goes
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    I've been curious to see how far the repeated F5 would take the system. Perhaps we get some TM love for beta testing for them...? :)
  • Single STL 311 is up
  • SHZA said:
    Kovsar86 said:

Except for the shows where they charge Tax. Nashville is one for example
  • wjtwjt Posts: 39
    balt section 1
    any one get that floor seat