Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• JBC7913JBC7913 Posts: 385
    100 Pacer said:
    Who can summarize today’s action thus far?

• Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    100 Pacer said:
    The world is freaking the fuck out and my net worth just took another humongous plunge.

Oh, you meant regarding this F2F thing.  My bad.

Carry on.

(Someone please hold me)
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    edited March 2020

• SHZASHZA Posts: 3,888
    100 Pacer said:
    Dry af
  • SuefireSuefire Posts: 116
    edited March 2020
    T-shirt update: So I took the images that were provided on this thread and uploaded them to the "Rush Order Tees" company.  I picked a light blue color (they have a bunch of other colors) and selected the mid-level shirt and a variety of sizes  to make an order total of about 30 shirts.  You can see the designs front and rear in the attached pictures (they still have their placemarker behind our artwork, but you get the idea). 

The good news: the shirts were only about $20 delivered, and they would arrive by March 17.  The bad news: the company is worried about copyright infringement and said they couldn't print the Ticketmaster logo, the Pearl Jam logo (if that is an official logo), or the picture of the actual Captcha screen on the front graphic.  They thought the back of the shirt was fine if those images weren't copyrighted (do you think that "Into the Wild" album cover image is a problem?). 

I'm willing to pursue coordinating the shirt orders if you guys can come up with ideas on re-working the graphics, but I can't do the artwork/image stuff, other than changing file types as needed and uploading it to the shirt company, and I'm not interested in getting into any copyright infringement issues.  One option is to just go with the back image (or something similar) on the front of the shirt, but I hate losing that whole Captcha thing!  Please let me know what you think!

Post edited by Suefire on
  • B4idiejetsB4idiejets Posts: 346
    edited March 2020
    JBC7913 said:
    100 Pacer said:

#LFGM!!!
    Post edited by B4idiejets on
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 654
    It's a parody, and not-for-profit.  So I don't think the copyright people will get you.  But that's hard to explain to an internet t-shirt company who doesn't know what you're up to.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    Suefire said:
    T-shirt update: So I took the images that were provided on this thread and uploaded them to the "Rush Order Tees" company.  I picked a light blue color (they have a bunch of other colors) and selected the mid-level shirt and a variety of sizes  to make an order total of about 30 shirts.  You can see the designs front and rear in the attached pictures (they still have their placemarker behind our artwork, but you get the idea). 

The good news: the shirts were only about $20 delivered, and they would arrive by March 17.  The bad news: the company is worried about copyright infringement and said they couldn't print the Ticketmaster logo, the Pearl Jam logo (if that is an official logo), or the picture of the actual Captcha screen on the front graphic.  They thought the back of the shirt was fine if those images weren't copyrighted (do you think that "Into the Wild" album cover image is a problem?). 

I'm willing to pursue coordinating the shirt orders if you guys can come up with ideas on re-working the graphics, but I can't do the artwork/image stuff, other than changing file types as needed and uploading it to the shirt company, and I'm not interested in getting into any copyright infringement issues.  One option is to just go with the back image (or something similar) on the front of the shirt, but I hate losing that whole Captcha thing!  Please let me know what you think!

I spoke with them today and they had finally approved all of my images.  I wonder if a large batch order raised suspicion of copyright infringement though
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    My vote....

Scrap the current back....make the current back the front.....make the new back 'I'm still F5'
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,644
    JB274988 said:
    Suefire said:

I spoke with them today and they had finally approved all of my images.  I wonder if a large batch order raised suspicion of copyright infringement though
    Thanks for doing this. I totally want one. They look great.

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,644
    edited March 2020
    Saltzy23 said:
    My vote....

Scrap the current back....make the current back the front.....make the new back 'I'm still F5'
    That would look great as well. Where do we stand on having F5CK somewhere on there?

Sorry. I don't want to complicate things.

• tlone39tlone39 Posts: 50
    Baltimore didn’t start dropping until little later than now last night and hope it’s another great night for everyone here.

• That took place in Baltimore
  • Suefire said:

This i awesome, let me know what comes of this. would like to order the first one since I will be attending STL
  • Saltzy23 said:
    My vote....

Agreed. The current front is too busy. I understand the reasoning behind it, but aesthetically it's confusing. 
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989

That took place in Baltimore
    Haha, perfect! Seems fitting then
    Saltzy23 said:
    My vote....

Agreed. The current front is too busy. I understand the reasoning behind it, but aesthetically it's confusing. 
    Confusing... Just like all the nonsense we’ve all been through to get these tickets
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • BagCzechBagCzech Posts: 463
    Shirt recommendation - Should we pick a color that stands out a bit? so when we look around the arena we can spot other F5'ers easier based on the color? may be tough to find a unique color but hopefully you get the point. 
  • TenakaTenaka Posts: 96
    BagCzech said:
    Shirt recommendation - Should we pick a color that stands out a bit? so when we look around the arena we can spot other F5'ers easier based on the color? may be tough to find a unique color but hopefully you get the point. 
    Maybe these colours? lol

2018 Wrigley 1
    2020 Ottawa / Quebec
  • Got a long lonely night here at home ..so I'll be on the f5 and back and click for my friends 🤗🤗🤗🤗
  • epbadger said:
    ritg19 said:
    JB274988 said:
    ritg19 said:
    Were the GAs the only pair for Balt today?
    Only one's I've seen
    Pair At 4:45 this am too
    Oh right, forgot about those.  Gotta love the random middle of the night drop.  Wonder if anyone else saw those or just yours to have basically
    I thinking it was interception of a planned drop...but what do I know
    epbadger said:
    ritg19 said:
    JB274988 said:
    ritg19 said:
    Were the GAs the only pair for Balt today?
    Only one's I've seen
    Pair At 4:45 this am too
    Oh right, forgot about those.  Gotta love the random middle of the night drop.  Wonder if anyone else saw those or just yours to have basically
    I thinking it was interception of a planned drop...but what do I know
    They were so bent on fb,😂😂😂😂
    But others were like the f5 hang got em,😂😂🤗🤗
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    Got a long lonely night here at home ..so I'll be on the f5 and back and click for my friends 🤗🤗🤗🤗
    Yeah I’ll be back at it tonight. I need to at-least get the rush of getting a got it.  It’s been quite some time since I’ve even seen that. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • epbadgerepbadger Posts: 663
    Suefire said:

This i awesome, let me know what comes of this. would like to order the first one since I will be attending STLO

In!!!whatever the design is?
    Suefire said:

I got a friend who is good at this kind of shit. art and graphics too. should I reach out to him....dont want to be another cook on the kitchen. only if it helps
  • Got a long lonely night here at home ..so I'll be on the f5 and back and click for my friends 🤗🤗🤗🤗
    Yeah I’ll be back at it tonight. I need to at-least get the rush of getting a got it.  It’s been quite some time since I’ve even seen that. 
    You're my walk in if I get another
    FYI I meant it when I said I will keep F5ing...I will not walk away from you guys till the show is over. already got about 5 hours in today and got a few more in me.
    keep your heads up guys. gonna be up days and down days but still lots of time...
    F5ers for life
    Jeff 2020( sorry Katie)
  • BagCzechBagCzech Posts: 463
    epbadger said:
    FYI I meant it when I said I will keep F5ing...I will not walk away from you guys till the show is over. already got about 5 hours in today and got a few more in me.
    keep your heads up guys. gonna be up days and down days but still lots of time...
    F5ers for life
    Jeff 2020( sorry Katie)
    love it!
    epbadger said:
    F5ers for life
    Jeff 2020( sorry Katie)
    You’ve got it backwards I’ll gladly be Katie‘s running mate I don’t hold a candle to her!
  • epbadger said:
    F5ers for life
    Jeff 2020( sorry Katie)
    All my coworkers are like didn't u win already...lol .I'm like trying for my team
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    Got a long lonely night here at home ..so I'll be on the f5 and back and click for my friends 🤗🤗🤗🤗
    You're my walk in if I get another
    Aww thank you! I’m not discouraged yet. I think there will be plenty of more opportunities! 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?