Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• Lowlight11Lowlight11 Posts: 271
    korn-1 said:
    For anyone who has sold on F2F...How are you paid and how long does it take to get paid?
    Bank account of your choice, about a week
    Important note - the bank account HAS to reside in the country where the show is performed. A number of fans have sold tickets in another country (US fan -> Canada show, for example) and it does not work. Major problem with TM, I have a thread on this below.
    Interesting...I used my credit card. Tickemaster CA just called me to confirm it was a legit purchase and said they are pushing it through now that I confirmed.
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    SHZA said:
    alphawolf said:
    FYI I was having issues checking out. It tried to process my card and I got errors. It took me almost 5 minutes to figure out how to get them. The system held the tickets the entire time
    Thats RAD! 😎
    that's what Ive been telling people for 10 days.! .. .Locks the seats to you

I've gotten an "Oops" we couldn't process your payment, then tried again with my other saved card and it said "Darn, another fan beat you." What's up with tha

that one means another persons order was in process first.. so never tried to charge the card. If it requests authorization needs a product, a total all the fields filled in ... CV and INS and payment for the processing to start.. Must have been missing one.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,895
    I’ve seen insurance mentioned before and mind you it was 1am when I arranged to purchase with a coordinated drop but I didn’t see any insurance offered for the Toronto or Hamilton tickets. If it was offered I didn’t select it and the transaction was quick to complete each time.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    100 Pacer said:
    I’ve seen insurance mentioned before and mind you it was 1am when I arranged to purchase with a coordinated drop but I didn’t see any insurance offered for the Toronto or Hamilton tickets. If it was offered I didn’t select it and the transaction was quick to complete each time.
    It's only for US shows. 
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,888
    SHZA said:
    alphawolf said:
    FYI I was having issues checking out. It tried to process my card and I got errors. It took me almost 5 minutes to figure out how to get them. The system held the tickets the entire time
    Thats RAD! 😎

I've gotten an "Oops" we couldn't process your payment, then tried again with my other saved card and it said "Darn, another fan beat you." What's up with tha

that one means another persons order was in process first.. so never tried to charge the card. If it requests authorization needs a product, a total all the fields filled in ... CV and INS and payment for the processing to start.. Must have been missing one.
    It was definitely filled in. If not, it gives you a more specific error message pointing out the issue. It was a general payment processing error. Could be a fraud block or something although I didn't get anything from the bank. It's possible that I put the wrong number in (though I don't think so). 
    euchrid said:
    100 Pacer said:
    It's only for US shows. 
    That explains it!
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • auntdonutauntdonut Posts: 113
    I know, it happened to me the other day but I stop trying getting them after my card was declined (error) 6 times...bank said it was going thru but vendor was rejecting it... weird!
    Glad you made it!
    Thanks! That show is on a good friend of mine's and HUGE PJ fan's birthday! He has his own construction company so getting tickets through this was basically impossible. Glad I could help him out!!
    Super cool! I'm sure it's a great feeling when you can snag tickets and set up a good friend! Happy birthday to him!!!
  • korn-1korn-1 Posts: 930
    Az 209 single up...
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    alphawolf said:
    Thats RAD! 😎

It was definitely filled in. If not, it gives you a more specific error message pointing out the issue. It was a general payment processing error. Could be a fraud block or something although I didn't get anything from the bank. It's possible that I put the wrong number in (though I don't think so). 
    then someone else's was submitted first and it wont process two orders for the same tickets, in the race its the first to SUBMIT,

• alphawolfalphawolf DelMarVa/Big Sky Posts: 646
    auntdonut said:
    I know, it happened to me the other day but I stop trying getting them after my card was declined (error) 6 times...bank said it was going thru but vendor was rejecting it... weird!
    Glad you made it!
    Thanks! That show is on a good friend of mine's and HUGE PJ fan's birthday! He has his own construction company so getting tickets through this was basically impossible. Glad I could help him out!!
    Super cool! I'm sure it's a great feeling when you can snag tickets and set up a good friend! Happy birthday to him!!!
    Thats going to be a special Bday! 💫
    1996 - Columbia Maryland, Hartford

1998 - DC RFK Stadium, Virginia Beach, Columbia Maryland, DC Constitution Hall
    2000 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, Columbia Maryland

2002 - Seattle Key Arena I+II

2003 - Raleigh, Charlotte, State College, Bristow, Camden II

2004 - Asheville

2006 - Boston II, Camden I+II, DC

2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, DC

2009 - Philadelphia I, II, III, IV

2010 - Bristow

2013 - Philadelphia II, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte

2022 - Camden

auntdonut said:
    Glad you made it!
    Yes it does! Also feels great just to complete a purchase! With this, being able to get droptheleash9 into Baltimore, and my fundraiser in the poster groups I feel like I'm on a super HIGH!!
    Work to do, gotta sign off for a couple hours... hope the good AZ and SD drops hold off for me.
  • BagCzechBagCzech Posts: 463
    PSA: don't forget to update the baltimore F5 tracking sheet. link is here and in my signature

• SHZASHZA Posts: 3,888
    auntdonut said:
    Glad you made it!
    Yes it does! Also feels great just to complete a purchase! With this, being able to get droptheleash9 into Baltimore, and my fundraiser in the poster groups I feel like I'm on a super HIGH!!
    Well done, Mike!
  • F5F5 Posts: 791
    BagCzech said:
    PSA: don't forget to update the baltimore F5 tracking sheet. link is here and in my signature

I feel like we need one of these for MSG. However, it may be way too long...  :D
    Bridge - 10/25/03
    Mansfield I - 6/28/08
    Eddie NYC - 8/4/08
    Seattle - 9/21/09, 9/22/09
    Salt Lake City 9/28/09
    LA 9/30/09, 10/07/09
    San Diego 10/9/09
    Alpine Valley 9/03/11, 9/04/11
    Ashbury Park 9/18/21
    LA 5/06/21, 5/07/21
    Phoenix 05/09/22
    NYC 9/11/22
    Denver 9/22/22
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,502
    korn-1 said:
    For anyone who has sold on F2F...How are you paid and how long does it take to get paid?
    Important note - the bank account HAS to reside in the country where the show is performed. A number of fans have sold tickets in another country (US fan -> Canada show, for example) and it does not work. Major problem with TM, I have a thread on this below.
    Interesting...I used my credit card. Tickemaster CA just called me to confirm it was a legit purchase and said they are pushing it through now that I confirmed.
    It's for selling.  Selling isn't a refund, it's selling.  TM needs a bank account to credit the proceeds to.   If you sell US tickets its designed to send funds to US bank account.  If you sell Canadian tickets it's designed to got to CDN account.  I guess it didn't occur to them that people in neighboring countries frequently cross the border.   It's also crazy.  Many companies like to make money off the Foreign Exchange.   I'm surprised TM hasn't sorted it out just so they can charge 4% to do the FX :)
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    auntdonut said:
    Glad you made it!
    Nice! 
  • droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,426
    auntdonut said:
    Glad you made it!
    Again, can't thank you enough! Can't wait for all of us F5ers to have some pre-show beers/drinks down in Baltimore!
    Zod said:
    korn-1 said:
    It's for selling.  Selling isn't a refund, it's selling.  TM needs a bank account to credit the proceeds to.   If you sell US tickets its designed to send funds to US bank account.  If you sell Canadian tickets it's designed to got to CDN account.  I guess it didn't occur to them that people in neighboring countries frequently cross the border.   It's also crazy.  Many companies like to make money off the Foreign Exchange.   I'm surprised TM hasn't sorted it out just so they can charge 4% to do the FX :)
    Ah gotcha...yea I'm surprised too...there is always a markup in FX
  • BagCzechBagCzech Posts: 463
    F5 said:
    BagCzech said:

I feel like we need one of these for MSG. However, it may be way too long...  :D
    The MSG list is basically the US Census file
    edited March 2020
    For those trying and looking to expedite the checkout process via the app is your credit card info stored? While attempting for that infamous Baltimore GA pair that Katie snagged I clicked the final buy button only to miss out; however, the credit card details were stored. During subsequent purchases just had to entire the CVV number. Might be useful if you can purchase a pair just to dump it later and have everything already saved.

• RT85129RT85129 Posts: 179
    Missed a great pair for Oak 2....SEC B ROW 2
  • SHZA said:
    leddead said:
    What do you think the chances of people going to a show with an extra and hooking up a fellow random fan are, instead of putting it on Fan-to-Fan? Slim to none?  
    I could see that happening if someone in the group had to cancel last minute or something. 
    Ill buy extras for any 45ish fairly attractive single 10c woman that want to join me !

"Ive got tickets......" .....

42? 
    You like older men? ... 42 is great! ... ;) what are you looking for ( Ticket wise) LOL
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,502
    RT85129 said:
    That bring's me back the very first pair I saw for Oak 1 after f2f started.  Nice tickets.
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    Excellent!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
    Zod said:
    RT85129 said:
    That bring's me back the very first pair I saw for Oak 1 after f2f started.  Nice tickets.

ZOD - what are you still looking for ?
    SHZA said:
    leddead said:
    What do you think the chances of people going to a show with an extra and hooking up a fellow random fan are, instead of putting it on Fan-to-Fan? Slim to none?  
    I could see that happening if someone in the group had to cancel last minute or something. 
    Ill buy extras for any 45ish fairly attractive single 10c woman that want to join me !

"Ive got tickets......" .....

42? 
    Meant to quote
    You like older men? ... 42 is great! ... what are you looking for ( Ticket wise) LOL

La1 205 up...
    edited March 2020
    Zod said:
    RT85129 said:
    I saw those SAT ... B row 2s also when the F2F started and everyone scrambling , Those i missed before i perfected my technique ;)