Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• epbadgerepbadger Posts: 663
    epbadger said:
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    Do you think the issue is buying more than the four ticket limit, or maintaining say five tickets in your account? I am thinking that if you buy five tickets and sell one or two on F2F, you should be fine. Maybe I am wrong. 
    I interpret it as buying more than the limit, but if you quickly get back to the limit, it wouldn't make sense to penalize you. And I also seriously doubt they would ever cancel a F2F sale. They would have to go back and tell the seller, "sorry, your tickets aren't actually sold, try again." That would cause all sorts of headaches. So, I think they probably intend the limit to apply to the standard tickets, but they should make that clear in the policy. 
    Yeah, that makes sense. Policy certainly has some gray areas. 
    I wish this was the problem I was dealing with😒
    Your time is coming today amigo! 
    sure hope so. still haven't given up hope.
  • epbadger said:
    epbadger said:
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    Do you think the issue is buying more than the four ticket limit, or maintaining say five tickets in your account? I am thinking that if you buy five tickets and sell one or two on F2F, you should be fine. Maybe I am wrong. 
    I interpret it as buying more than the limit, but if you quickly get back to the limit, it wouldn't make sense to penalize you. And I also seriously doubt they would ever cancel a F2F sale. They would have to go back and tell the seller, "sorry, your tickets aren't actually sold, try again." That would cause all sorts of headaches. So, I think they probably intend the limit to apply to the standard tickets, but they should make that clear in the policy. 

I'm f5ing for u
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    My goodness it is quiet today. I’m working today but F5ing as much as possible.  Nothing.  
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,639
    My goodness it is quiet today. I’m working today but F5ing as much as possible.  Nothing.  
    I know. It has been quiet. I had a doctor's appointment this morning and spent my waiting room time F5ing. Maybe it is the calm before the storm of ticket drops.
  • pearljam92pearljam92 New Jersey Posts: 51
    yep--slowwwww...how about some lunch time drops?
  • B4idiejetsB4idiejets Posts: 346
    Just went on vivid seats for the hell of it and look at these prices.... I know this process is frustrating and time consuming beyond belief but look at the alternative. 
    Crazy. I still wouldn't trust a system where I had to buy a Ticketmaster account, rather than having actual tickets in hand. The person could sell their account to 10 people.
  • TC53001TC53001 Posts: 8
    Hi, I have two tickets for the 3/30 show at MSG that I am, unfortunately, unable to use. Any takers @ face value?
    epbadger said:
    epbadger said:
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:

I'm f5ing for u
    You are awesome!!!
  • JV275432JV275432 Posts: 137
    TC53001 said:
    Hi, I have two tickets for the 3/30 show at MSG that I am, unfortunately, unable to use. Any takers @ face value?
    Me!
    MF117973 said:
    I know. It has been quiet. I had a doctor's appointment this morning and spent my waiting room time F5ing. Maybe it is the calm before the storm of ticket drops.
    sure hope so. I'm just zoning out at this point
  • TC53001 said:
    I would take them!
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,888
    TC53001 said:
    PM sent 
  • korn-1korn-1 Posts: 930
    La1 219 single up...
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Lowlight11Lowlight11 Posts: 271
    TC53001 said:
    I would take them!
    Om my gosh I would love them! Got shut out and already have a room booked.
    TC53001 said:
    I also sent you a PM.

TC53001 said:
    Me please
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,415
    edited March 2020
    it never ceases to amaze me the number of people who buy tickets to events they can't attend. i know life intervenes at times but seems to me like it happens to more people than i would suspect. oh well i guess it gives those that want to upgrade tickets they already have a chance to get more.
  • auntdonutauntdonut Posts: 113
    One of those days  :o 

• ZodZod Posts: 10,501
    Just went on vivid seats for the hell of it and look at these prices.... I know this process is frustrating and time consuming beyond belief but look at the alternative. 
    To be fair, because so few tickets are being scalped for the non-transferrable shows, I think the prices fare higher than would ordinarily be, had it been a free for all.    Still... I find it damned impressive most of the people at these shows will have gotten in for face value.   It's an impressively amazing win.
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    TC53001 said:
    Yes!!! I’ll message you too. Think you may need to do a contest for someone to buy.  You will have tons of interest! 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
    would love to hear about the different positions you guys do it.
  • Just went on vivid seats for the hell of it and look at these prices.... I know this process is frustrating and time consuming beyond belief but look at the alternative. 
    I heard they are watching for this and people risk getting them revoked ?? 
  • TC53001 said:
    Put me in that lottery!!! 
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,888
    edited March 2020
    MF117973 said:
    Crazy. I still wouldn't trust a system where I had to buy a Ticketmaster account, rather than having actual tickets in hand. The person could sell their account to 10 people.
    That won't happen through vivid. The seller won't get paid if the buyer can't get into the event. If it's some random dude on Craigslist, that's a different story. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • zanette13zanette13 New Hampshire Posts: 69
    TC53001 said:
    Also sent a PM. I don't think you'll have any issues getting them into the hands of a 10C fan.
    5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 9/26/15, 4/11/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 6/24/18, 6/26/18, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 5/6/22, 5/7/22, 5/9/22, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 9/17/22
    8/2/08, 6/16/11, 9/24/17, 2/3/22, 2/4/22
    11/4/16
  • Sec 309, Row G up for Nashville
    07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
    07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
    07/22/2006 - The Gorge
    04/26/2016 - Lexington
    08/08/2018 - Seattle
    08/10/2018 - Seattle
    08/20/2018 - Wrigley Field
    04/02/2020 - Nashville
    09/16/2022 - Nashville
  • korn-1korn-1 Posts: 930
    Sd sec M up...
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    I noticed there have been a bunch if PM's sent here and there...how do you pm someone on here? sorry usually not this stupid
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,941
    Zod said:
    To be fair, because so few tickets are being scalped for the non-transferrable shows, I think the prices fare higher than would ordinarily be, had it been a free for all.    Still... I find it damned impressive most of the people at these shows will have gotten in for face value.   It's an impressively amazing win.

I still think the Baltimore show would be crazy expensive. An easy trip for most of the fans in the Northeast US (where there aren't many shows to begin with) + smaller venue + it's on a Saturday = crazy high demand.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."