Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    epbadger said:
    FUCK!!!
    Guys, im so sorry, but I was just checking for you guys, and couldnt resist upgrading my 218's and just scored those fucking GA's!!!!!!!! 
    Good for you brother! def let us know when u put them up....
    my dream....when I win my second pair I am gonna keep them and give them to someone in this group. will have to come in with me of course. all it will cost you is a beer plus face value
    I will bring a t-shirt if someone walks me in!!! (plus beer, face value, etc)
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,941
    TW150753 said:
    mpedone said:
    Here is what I am thinking, I can either release the pair and coordinate with everyone on the list that was put together for the time. OR, ask 10c if I can take everyone's name thats on the list of F5ers, put them into a hat and pick. Thoughts?

I would still like to upgrade, but after seeing the list of people still just trying to get in, I feel even worse about it. Yes, I would sell my current tickets, but there's no guarantee that someone on here would get them.
    You could just take all of our names and put them in a hat, pick a winner, and walk them in. 
    It's a good thought, but the money is the issue. I know we're a trusting group, but if the situation was reversed, I'm not sure if be comfortable sending a stranger $200 with the promise they'd meet me at the show am walk me in. 
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • mpedone said:
    Here is what I am thinking, I can either release the pair and coordinate with everyone on the list that was put together for the time. OR, ask 10c if I can take everyone's name thats on the list of F5ers, put them into a hat and pick. Thoughts?

I would still like to upgrade, but after seeing the list of people still just trying to get in, I feel even worse about it. Yes, I would sell my current tickets, but there's no guarantee that someone on here would get them.
    Thats my feeling. I truly feel fucking bad about it, and wouldn't even done it if it wasn't GA. I just want to make it fair and try to get one of you guys in. 

mpedone said:
    Here is what I am thinking, I can either release the pair and coordinate with everyone on the list that was put together for the time. OR, ask 10c if I can take everyone's name thats on the list of F5ers, put them into a hat and pick. 
  • TW150753TW150753 Posts: 160
    mpedone said:
    TW150753 said:
    mpedone said:

You could just take all of our names and put them in a hat, pick a winner, and walk them in. 
    It's a good thought, but the money is the issue. I know we're a trusting group, but if the situation was reversed, I'm not sure if be comfortable sending a stranger $200 with the promise they'd meet me at the show am walk me in. 
    Then why are you in 10C?
  • Team work to get everyone in the building!
  • I will update the list with all of us rascals at some once I’m out of this dreadful meeting.
  • OK, to allow @BagCzech to have the chance since he is flyng, I'm waiting to hear when he actually takes off. If its not for a bit, and he is good to go, i'll release soon. If he is boarding, this will wait until tonight. 
    How about at 4AM😉
    TW150753 said:
    mpedone said:
    TW150753 said:
    mpedone said:

Then why are you in 10C?
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

• lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    mpedone said:
    TW150753 said:
    mpedone said:

I don't need the $200, for the record. I have no problem doing whatever is comfortable, should the group decide the hat is best options. If that is payment at the show, that is perfectly fine. Ive talked to enough people on these forums that anyone can check if you feel uncomfortable that I wouldn't screw anyone, and the tickets would be yours.
    @pjnb has met me. I'm sure he could chime in that i'm not going to screw someone like that.
  • TW150753 said:
    mpedone said:

Thats what I am leaning towards, as it ensures one of you guys gets the tickets. I dont care about rail, and am fine being at back of GA. 
    It also gives you all better odds than hitting F5. 

Either way is awesome of you!
  • TW150753 said:
    mpedone said:

Thats what I am leaning towards, as it ensures one of you guys gets the tickets. I dont care about rail, and am fine being at back of GA. 
    It also gives you all better odds than hitting F5. 

Either way is awesome of you!
    Agreed - either way what you’re doing is a stand up move to ensure tickets go to real fans at face value, which is what the band’s mission has been all along!
  • JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    Are you think two people for singles or one person for pair?  I'm partial to two people for singles since there's a couple of us on here.  :)
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • FUCK!!!
    Guys, im so sorry, but I was just checking for you guys, and couldnt resist upgrading my 218's and just scored those fucking GA's!!!!!!!! 
    Damn...Congrats that's awesome!!! Was running late this morning and just got online. 
    mpedone said:
    TW150753 said:
    mpedone said:
    TW150753 said:
    mpedone said:

Then why are you in 10C?
    I have had some truly amazing experiences through this club, I.e. people coordinating and handing me tickets before a show multiple times.  I guess what I'm saying is I would trust you.  And after I paid you, I'd have your personal info....just in case.
  • TC282314TC282314 Posts: 385
    Put me on the list please! 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    mpedone said:
    TW150753 said:
    mpedone said:

I don't need the $200, for the record. I have no problem doing whatever is comfortable, should the group decide the hat is best options. If that is payment at the show, that is perfectly fine. Ive talked to enough people on these forums that anyone can check if you feel uncomfortable that I wouldn't screw anyone, and the tickets would be yours.
    @pjnb has met me. I'm sure he could chime in that i'm not going to screw someone like that.
    I would vouch for this guy 100%. I think who ever is comfortable with the hat idea should put in for it and whoever is not should opt out. This guarantees someone here gets it.

Issue is though that he is now in GA so walking in together would be an issue if he wants to go early. 
    PJNB said:
    mpedone said:
    TW150753 said:
    mpedone said:

I would vouch for this guy 100%. I think who ever is comfortable with the hat idea should put in for it and whoever is not should opt out. This guarantees someone here gets it.

Issue is though that he is now in GA so walking in together would be an issue if he wants to go early.

Please put my name in the hat!
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    PJNB said:
    mpedone said:
    TW150753 said:
    mpedone said:

Thanks bud!
    FYI....I don't need to go in early, been there done that. Back of GA is better than 218, so no issue for me.
  • BraceYourSelfBraceYourSelf Posts: 814
    edited February 2020
    Add me to the hat if we are going that way!
    mpedone said:
    TW150753 said:
    mpedone said:

If this was the only show we were going to, is probably be in the same boat, but we have tickets to four shows (another reason upgrading would be nice but isn't a huge priority), all of which require flights & hotels, so another $200 is not nothing. Upgrading would be contingent on me selling my other seats.

I'm also relatively new here, and only know one other poster (and I'm married to her), so it's not necessarily that I don't trust anyone here, more that I'm not sure why they'd trust me. 

• BagCzechBagCzech Posts: 463
    PJNB said:
    mpedone said:
    TW150753 said:
    mpedone said:

I’m good with the hat idea and I have no problem getting into the venue early.
    TW150753 said:
    mpedone said:
    TW150753 said:
    mpedone said:
    TW150753 said:
    mpedone said:

Then why are you in 10C?
    I have had some truly amazing experiences through this club, I.e. people coordinating and handing me tickets before a show multiple times.  I guess what I'm saying is I would trust you.  And after I paid you, I'd have your personal info....just in case.
    Thanks! I appreciate that, and I will keep it in mind. :) 

• SHZASHZA Posts: 3,888
    Add me to the hat, please! 
  • Please add me to the hat
    2006: 5/28
    2008: 6/19, 6/24, 6/25
    2009: 6/14 (EV), 10/27, 10/28
    2010: 5/17
    2011: 6/21 (EV), 6/22 (EV), 9/11, 9/12
    2012: 9/2
    2013: 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22, 10/27, 11/23, 11/24
    2014: 10/19
    2016: 5/1, 5/2, 5/8
    2018: 8/20, 9/2, 9/4
  • ritg19ritg19 Posts: 111
    Feel free to add my name to the list.  I spend most of my free time F5ing and only post occassionally (usually when I just miss), but I have a flight and hotel booked with no ticket.  Yanks-Os is my backup plan, but hoping not to implement!
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on....
  • FUCK!!!
    Congrats on the upgrade! Whatever you decide to do with the extras it's awesome you're thinking of us all.
    YoungJam35
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    Add me to the Hat please!!!! 

can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • duffmannduffmann Posts: 475
    +1 List.
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,888
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    TW150753 said:
    mpedone said:

If this was the only show we were going to, is probably be in the same boat, but we have tickets to four shows (another reason upgrading would be nice but isn't a huge priority), all of which require flights & hotels, so another $200 is not nothing. Upgrading would be contingent on me selling my other seats.

I'm also relatively new here, and only know one other poster (and I'm married to her), so it's not necessarily that I don't trust anyone here, more that I'm not sure why they'd trust me. 
    Because no scammer would go to the trouble of joining a fan club and posting for weeks just to rip someone off for $200.
  • TC282314 said:
    Given to F5 

I'm a F5 lurker who was able to grab a pair for Nashville.