Options

Guns n Rose's summer tour

2»

Comments

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,932
    I saw them in 2017 when this tour was fresh and they played the United Center. Had a blast. I’ll pass on Wrigley though unless I get free or dirt cheap tickets. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,325
    I'm the same way.  Saw them in 2016 and it was great.  I don't feel the need to pay the kind of money for good tickets again, nor do I feel like traveling just to sit in the nosebleeds at a stadium....
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,960
    Picked up a pair upstairs at Fenway. Seen Slash solo but never the band. The skybox area at Fenway is a sneaky good place to see a show because once you accept that you won't be close you are free to move around between multiple standing room areas with good views. We did that for PJ night 1 in 2018 and it was probably my favorite concert experience ever.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    JimmyV said:
    Picked up a pair upstairs at Fenway. Seen Slash solo but never the band. The skybox area at Fenway is a sneaky good place to see a show because once you accept that you won't be close you are free to move around between multiple standing room areas with good views. We did that for PJ night 1 in 2018 and it was probably my favorite concert experience ever.
    It is a really good show and Slash puts on a clinic. He jumped around a lot the first time I saw the show. Last years' show was at the beginning of the indoor leg and was basically a warm up show so there were a few bugs here and there. Hope Axl sounds good. The really do bring it and it's a 3 hour show that's balanced pretty well with the setlist. Slash has mentioned recordings happening. Hope they end up playing some new stuff! 

Funny coincidence - the 1st time I caught the show in 2017 was shortly after their Sirius broadcast from the Apollo. This year it'll be PJ in April a couple of weeks after their Apollo show. Love little things like that, haha. Hope you have a blast! 

"It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    It is a really good show and Slash puts on a clinic. He jumped around a lot the first time I saw the show. Last years' show was at the beginning of the indoor leg and was basically a warm up show so there were a few bugs here and there. Hope Axl sounds good. The really do bring it and it's a 3 hour show that's balanced pretty well with the setlist. Slash has mentioned recordings happening. Hope they end up playing some new stuff! 

Funny coincidence - the 1st time I caught the show in 2017 was shortly after their Sirius broadcast from the Apollo. This year it'll be PJ in April a couple of weeks after their Apollo show. Love little things like that, haha. Hope you have a blast! 

Thanks!

• Options
    Smashing Pumpkins opening up. Not bad.

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    JimmyV said:
    That's great
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,351
    JimmyV said:
    I'm definitely buying tickets now!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    edited February 2020
    Guns N Roses are one of my bucket list bands. One of my all time favorite bands. Slash is my favorite guitarist. But a football stadium in Los Angeles. Going to have to be a great opening band too and then I’ll get tickets. Gotta see them once in my life. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Axl Rose and Billy Corgan cat fight?

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    They're in my top 5 of all time... (and here it comes...) BUT
    Saw them in '07, '16, and... '18? in Detroit each time..

It was pretty much the same show, except they were on stage 2 hours earlier the last two shows I saw.   If you want to hear Appetite live, and aren't worn out out hearing it live, by all means, its worth it.  I love the UYI albums and have left all 3 shows feeling they were grossly overlooked, but that could be on me, really. Throw in that this time they're playing a baseball stadium here.. and i dont have any issue passing on this  80th leg of the Not in This Lifetime Tour. 

Seriously--- All bands.. can we cut out this baseball stadium shit????

But if you've missed them before and are a fan, you'll have a great time.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,265
    JimmyV said:
    Good addition.
    These baseball park shows have solid openers or double bills.
    Pumpkins opening for GnR
    Extreme opening for Aerosmith
    Crue/Leppard having Joan Jett opening (and then Poison performing so folks can stand in the food/beer lines)
    Green Day with Weezer & Fall Out Boy

Just wish these shows weren't at Fenway, just not a great concert venue.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,063
    I picked up GNR in Tampa. I saw them in Orlando in 2016, at the terrible Camping World Stadium from the seated field level. This time I'm in the club section area. 

This will be the 3rd show I've seen at Raymond James (home of the Buccaneers). The other 2 were Beyonce and Taylor Swift. They both made the sage setup appropriate for the stadium, with huge stages, and a gigantic setup. T Swift had a second stage near the opposite 20 yard line. 

I think that is one thing the rock bands do not take advantage of when they play these facilities. They aren't taking full advantage of the space available or going larger than life with their stages/sets. Although I know GNR will have pyro in full effect.
  • Options
    Can’t believe they are playing on the Tech campus at Bobby Dodd Stadium.  Simply couldn’t pass that up.  
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,262
    edited February 2020
    Don’t buy now

i think I paid $30 for 200 level seats @ MetLife few years ago, club access (ac, better bathrooms, food choices)

when  I saw the presale availability .....deals will be had day of show

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,991
    good advice....I grabbed sec 240 row 1 for $90 each and am happy with that.  Here is Indy right now.....I'm kind of surprised

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana