Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,868
    I have never bought tickets with Guns N Roses before. Is it worth it to do the Nightrain membership if I do not need to be super close?
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I'll take advantage of the Citi presale tomorrow, rather than paying $40 for a fan club membership that has no other perks.

Does anyone have any pricing info for the 5 different VIP tiers? Ticketmaster and the GNR site has all the perks listed, but none of the prices.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    I sat right off the stage @ Wells Fargo their last time through and it was badass.  Saw them at the Linc the time before and it was awesome because of what it was & that I never thought I would see it...but sound blew dicks and I think I will pass on seeing them at the baseball stadium.  Good luck to those who are chasing tickets!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    StubHub already has tickets for sale, so that's good...

I read that non-VIP GA is over $200. For VIP, add an extra grand. Not sure it's worth that for nostalgia. Same reason I didn't buy tickets recently for Ozzy, Seeger, etc. Maybe if the nosebleeds are under $75.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,321
    edited February 2020
    PJNB said:
    I have never bought tickets with Guns N Roses before. Is it worth it to do the Nightrain membership if I do not need to be super close?
    I think it's going to depend on the market and the size of the venue.   I did nighttrain tickets for the show I went too (CenturyLink Field Seattle 2016).   The tickets we got were pretty mediocre (they were scattered all around the venue).  We ended up not using them.  I got pretty good side stage tickets during the public onsale.  Then pit tickets randomly popped up a month or two later.   We kept upgrading, but then had a tough time disposing the spare tickets.    The side stage ones were easy to get rid of because for some reason they were $100 cheaper.   I made a few bucks on those, then lost money on the night train pair.  So ended up being down about $50usd to ditch the spares.

If you're in a big market and it's not a mega big stadium... maybe get night train to get a shot at actually getting tickets.  If it's a smaller market with a big venue.  Maybe don't and keep refreshing for months until you get tickets you want.

I think we're going to skip this tour again.    I love the show we went to but $250usd for good seats is hard to swallow.  Something I'll do to cross a band off the list, but not something that invites me to repeat viewings.  Especially when it's the same tour cycling around for the 3rd time now.

For Vancouver/Seattle, if I was going, I wouldn't use night train again.  If I was somewhere big like New York on Chicago.  I probably would.

I do wonder if GNR will start seeing diminishing returns.  They keep repeating the circuit.  Around here we got Seattle in '16, Vancouver and Seattle (Gorge), in 2017, and now back to Seattle in 2020.    They initial pent up demand of people wanting to see the reunited lineup is going to start waning at some point?
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    Can someone who has Nightrain post the ticket prices after they go live at 10am today? I am waiting for the Citi presale at noon and want to decide which tickets to buy before I'm at the purchase screen. Thanks!
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,991
    edited February 2020
    Zod said:
    PJNB said:
    I think it's going to depend on the market and the size of the venue.   I did nighttrain tickets for the show I went too (CenturyLink Field Seattle 2016).   The tickets we got were pretty mediocre (they were scattered all around the venue).  We ended up not using them.  I got pretty good side stage tickets during the public onsale.  Then pit tickets randomly popped up a month or two later.   We kept upgrading, but then had a tough time disposing the spare tickets.    The side stage ones were easy to get rid of because for some reason they were $100 cheaper.   I made a few bucks on those, then lost money on the night train pair.  So ended up being down about $50usd to ditch the spares.

If you're in a big market and it's not a mega big stadium... maybe get night train to get a shot at actually getting tickets.  If it's a smaller market with a big venue.  Maybe don't and keep refreshing for months until you get tickets you want.

I think we're going to skip this tour again.    I love the show we went to but $250usd for good seats is hard to swallow.  Something I'll do to cross a band off the list, but not something that invites me to repeat viewings.  Especially when it's the same tour cycling around for the 3rd time now.

For Vancouver/Seattle, if I was going, I wouldn't use night train again.  If I was somewhere big like New York on Chicago.  I probably would.

I do wonder if GNR will start seeing diminishing returns.  They keep repeating the circuit.  Around here we got Seattle in '16, Vancouver and Seattle (Gorge), in 2017, and now back to Seattle in 2020.    They initial pent up demand of people wanting to see the reunited lineup is going to start waning at some point?
    They also put on the same show in Louisville last year that they did in Chicago a few years before.  Same videos and probably very similar setlist....

this time there might be a new album though?

Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,868
    I am in the waiting room for Fenway right now. I forgot how much I hated this experience with Pearl Jam in 2018. Just going to see what the Platinum prices are then bail. 
  • Options
    I'm waiting for Indy....kind of surprised there were only 600 people in front of me

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    do you mind sharing the password for indy?

(1996) 9.28 (1998) 8.25 9.10 (2000) 8.3 9.1 9.2 (2001) 10.22 (2003) 4.28 5.3 7.1 7.5 7.6 7.8 7.9 7.12 7.14 (2004) 10.1 (2005) 9.16 9.30 10.1 10.3 (2006) 5.9 5.10 5.12 5.24 5.25 5.27 5.28 6.1 6.3 7.9 7.10 (2008) 6.19 6.20 6.22 6.25 8.16 (2009) 6.12 6.14 8.21 10.27 10.28 10.30 (2010) 5.15 5.18 5.20 8.28 (2011) 7.1 (2012) 9.21 9.22 (2013) 10.18 10.19 10.29 10.30 (2014) 10.1 (2016) 4.26 8.20 8.22 (2018) 8.18 8.20 9.2 9.4
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Can someone who has Nightrain post the ticket prices after they go live at 10am today? I am waiting for the Citi presale at noon and want to decide which tickets to buy before I'm at the purchase screen. Thanks!
    Fenway Pit was $270; seating bowl was $155. I can't recall exactly how much other (non-platinum) turf seats were, but they were in the $175 to $250 range, I think.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    darrin58 said:
    do you mind sharing the password for indy?

don't have one....was going to use the citibank presale but I guess it isn't available yet

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,958
    Anybody have a Fenway presale code?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    DC had Bowl tickets from $175-$100 I think. Got a good pair for $125. Field I think was $275-150 all the way in the back. GA $250. They are naturally charging extra for "preferred seating" like aisle seats for first 2 rows of sections. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    There is nothing "platinum" about grandstand seats at Fenway, but there they are. 

• Options
    Lots of decent seats down on the field but I'm not paying $618 per pair. 

• Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,063
    I used Nightrain in 2016 for Orlando, and like others posted, not worth it. Got floor seat tickets (no GA on that tour) for about $225 ea after everything.  No benefit to their fan club at $40. 

Those asking for presale codes, the Nighttrain one is unique, and only good for up to a certain amount of tickets, so doubtful anyone will provide one to you, and if they do, it is probably linked to their Nighttrain account.

I'm waiting for any of our local pre-sales, or public sales. 
  • Options
    I got sec 240 front row in the Citibank presale for Indy....$222 total.  Not bad

• Options
    edited February 2020
    It's crazy that I can still grab aisle floor seats for $250/each for Indy.  

Also interesting that better seats are for fanclub members only....I can see available seats but can't select them
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

• Options
    I’ve never seen them and haven’t listened to them in 20 years but if I wanted to catch them in Philly are there generally cheap tickets or basically free tickets closer to the show? 
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    I’ve never seen them and haven’t listened to them in 20 years but if I wanted to catch them in Philly are there generally cheap tickets or basically free tickets closer to the show? 
    I've caught them twice the past couple of years. First show I saw was back in August 2017 and I paid around $150 for that one. The 2nd time I saw them was last Fall. Tickets went on sale and held at $110 for a while. I waited until the week of the show and was able to get a ticket for around $35. 
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,245
    edited February 2020
    I've caught them twice the past couple of years. First show I saw was back in August 2017 and I paid around $150 for that one. The 2nd time I saw them was last Fall. Tickets went on sale and held at $110 for a while. I waited until the week of the show and was able to get a ticket for around $35. 
    Same with me....saw them @ Met Life few years ago, ticket prices were cheap

From the looks of the CITI presale, there is a ton of inventory.....Im gonna wait

• Options
    Thanks 
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,063
    Doubtful, they have been touring huge stadiums for 3+ years. I was sent the Philadelphia code "PHILLIES" if you want to check it out. (I get stuff from them because I buy spring training tickets for them in Clearwater.)
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,153
    edited February 2020
    I saw them two summers ago. Was a fun thing to witness with Duff and Slash being there.

But would not go again unless they have something new exciting out. Maybe I wouldn't even go with a new album out.

Axl rose voice is just weird. I don't know if it is "bad" all the time. But without the youthful force of his younger self it's just weird.

And I hated the screens and shit. Everything had a flair of stereotyical white trash. The whole framing of it. Skulls and flash and everything was overdone and too much. Felt like the framing if a Kid Rock show. Should have scaled back on the screensaver-graphics and the screen and just rocked.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I saw them two summers ago. Was a fun thing to witness with Duff and Slash being there.

But would not go again unless they have something new exciting out. Maybe I wouldn't even go with a new album out.

Axl rose voice is just weird. I don't know if it is "bad" all the time. But without the youthful force of his younger self it's just weird.

And I hated the screens and shit. Everything had a flair of stereotyical white trash. The whole framing of it. Skulls and flash and everything was overdone and too much. Felt like the framing if a Kid Rock show. Should have scaled back on the screensaver-graphics and the screen and just rocked.
    yeah and imagine seeing them a few years later and seeing the same video....I saw them at Louder than Life in Sept and it was the same show as a few years ago in Chicago. 

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,153
    edited February 2020

yeah and imagine seeing them a few years later and seeing the same video....I saw them at Louder than Life in Sept and it was the same show as a few years ago in Chicago. 
    I think this summer is the 14th leg of the Not In Our Lifetime tour.

I think I would have rather had a "here is a instagram photo och Duff and Slash and Steven together again just jamming for themselves in an LA garage" and nothing more, than "here are people who are in need of or want to make more money and tour together because of it"
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    They are really sucking on the teet of this reunion!
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    I got my fill. I wish they'd record and release a new album but I'm happy to have caught 2 shows. It was fun and they did change up the setlist somewhat between the 2 shows. I loved all the leaks this past Fall & wasn't about to pass up a $35 ticket for a 3 hour show. If prices hadn't dropped that much I wouldn't have went. It was cool the first couple of years, but they really are beating the reunion into the ground, lol. 

It's hard not to laugh at this and the other big 80's Metal Nostalgia show in Stadiums this Summer. Then there's the never ending Kiss Farewell Tour and Metallica at the metal fests on the 4th straight year of the WorldWired Tour! 

"It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014