Will Nashville show be cancelled?

Comments

• OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,033
    Image result for bothered gif

Wow - people are so quick to anger sometimes. I hope for the fans that are going they don't cancel. I can't believe the political climate is still this intense. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Another option I thought was pretty cool at an event in Charlotte, NC in December 2016 - An Anti HB2 group set up a donation booth & sold stickers with a petition to sign. We have a green EQUALITY sticker that's in the shape of NC. 
    That’s a GREAT idea. 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,671
    edited January 2020
    I'm always shocked by PJ "fans" who live a life cloaked in and driven by fear, hate, ignorance,  jealousy, and lies.

And it's not just Southern "conservative" states that have this sort of hateful legislation. There are some progressive states that have it as well.

It's wrong

And as Lin-Manuel so eloquently put it....

LOVE IS LOVE IS LOVE IS LOVE IS LOVE 

• JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    Band can do whatever they want but to cancel a show because of politics would be absolutely ridiculous.Yes, I know they did it before. However, they knew ahead of time TN is ass backwards when it comes to things like this. Just don't book a show there. People have spent LOTS of money on non refundable flights, hotels etc. To cancel now, after booking the show, knowing Tennessee's beliefs would be selfish in my opinion. Plus how many people does PJ employ when they play a show? I have no idea, but it's a lot. Canceling a show only costs fans and Bridgestone employees money. Not sure how that benefits anybody
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    edited January 2020
    deadendp said:
    Kane6676 said:
    How dare the people of Tennessee set their own standards or have beliefs that don’t go lock step with the new liberal group think program. Don’t worry libs. The day is coming where everyone will simply be clones of one another. What will you cry about then? You’ll find something
    Not that I am at all asking for people to be clones, but when I read bullshit responses like this it makes me wonder how one with such views as you follows a band who is completely opposite to you? 

There are so many children who need loving, stable homes. Children have been made parentless through a number of atrocities including the recent drug crisis. You would rather them sit and spin in a system rather than adopted out to a loving couple? As an adoptive parent, I would love to know. 
    And there it is, I was waiting for the how someone supports a ROCK Band that does not share their politics response..... It’s always my favorite .   Don’t you know this Forum is “ Not For You”.   The hypocrisy here sometimes is so entertaining for deplorable’s.  
    Rule #1: Don't be an asshole. 

It's wrong of me to be unable to understand how someone who is completely opposite politically follows a band as politically vocal as PJ? Consider me guilty. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • ClapperClapper Posts: 208

This is the correct answer. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
    Clapper said:

This is the correct answer. 
    Yes it is.  Thank you! 
  • Kane6676 said:
    How dare the people of Tennessee set their own standards or have beliefs that don’t go lock step with the new liberal group think program. 
    Civil Rights, much?
  • deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    Kane6676 said:
    How dare the people of Tennessee set their own standards or have beliefs that don’t go lock step with the new liberal group think program. Don’t worry libs. The day is coming where everyone will simply be clones of one another. What will you cry about then? You’ll find something
    Not that I am at all asking for people to be clones, but when I read bullshit responses like this it makes me wonder how one with such views as you follows a band who is completely opposite to you? 

There are so many children who need loving, stable homes. Children have been made parentless through a number of atrocities including the recent drug crisis. You would rather them sit and spin in a system rather than adopted out to a loving couple? As an adoptive parent, I would love to know. 
    And there it is, I was waiting for the how someone supports a ROCK Band that does not share their politics response..... It’s always my favorite .   Don’t you know this Forum is “ Not For You”.   The hypocrisy here sometimes is so entertaining for deplorable’s.  
    Rule #1: Don't be an asshole. 

It's wrong of me to be unable to understand how someone who is completely opposite politically follows a band as politically vocal as PJ? Consider me guilty. 
    Some people just like to listen to music because it’s music, or watch movies because they’re entertaining- not because they align with or against someone’s opinion.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    Once they decided to play there they should be committed to playing there. I'm stunned they decided to go to these 3 states in this era.
    They're playing 4 states that went for Trump in 2016:  Tennessee, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Arizona.
    Pennsylvania and Michigan and Wisconsin also went for Trump last time.  Do you think they should skip Philly, Pittsburgh, Detroit, and Milwaukee on the 2nd leg?
    I'm a lifelong Democrat and despise Trump.  That said, I have plenty of liberal friends in red states.  Pearl Jam and other liberal bands should not avoid playing those states.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • PD279656PD279656 Posts: 119
    RobZ said:
    It's apparent none of the "perpetually offended" even bothered to read the article....with that said, close or move this thread.
    I actually went back and read the article again. These cocksuckers get state funding? I got no issues if you wanna discriminate like that cause I know at the end of the day you will eventually discriminate yourself out of business but to be able to get state funds and not let a taxpayer who helps support you participate in your services. That's outrageous. 
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,158
    I'm always shocked by PJ "fans" who live a life cloaked in and driven by fear, hate, ignorance,  jealousy, and lies.

And it's not just Southern "conservative" states that have this sort of hateful legislation. There are some progressive states that have it as well.

It's wrong

And as Lin-Manuel so eloquently put it....

Best thing I've read today.
  • Should we start a petition for them to cancel?
    Hell no.
    Ah ok. I'm sorry. my fault. I misread the room.
    It punishes the fans more then anything.
    2000- 9/1 Camden
    2003- 4/28 Philly, 7/5 Camden
    2005- 10/3 Philly
    2006- 5/27 Camden, 5/28 Camden, 6/3 East Rutherford
    2008- 6/19 Camden, 6/20 Camden
    2009- 10/29 Philly, 10/28 Philly, 10/30 Philly, 10/31 Philly
    2012- 9/2 Made In America
    2013- 10/21 Philly, 10/22 Philly
    2016- 4/28 Philly, 4/29 Philly
    Wishlist: Thumbing My Way, Black Red Yellow, Sleight of Hand
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    deadendp said:
    Kane6676 said:

And degenerates!

The fact that you focused on a statement about the band instead of the issue of so many children needing homes speaks volumes.
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    PD279656 said:
    RobZ said:
    It's apparent none of the "perpetually offended" even bothered to read the article....with that said, close or move this thread.
    I actually went back and read the article again. These cocksuckers get state funding? I got no issues if you wanna discriminate like that cause I know at the end of the day you will eventually discriminate yourself out of business but to be able to get state funds and not let a taxpayer who helps support you participate in your services. That's outrageous. 
    That's a very good point. I was on the fence about this, because I do support religious freedom, but once you're funded by the state then it should be open to everyone. So I would be ok with a strictly religious adoption agency following their religious beliefs when placing kids in a family, but they should not get state funding if they choose to do so. But yes, this does not belong on The Porch.
  • link93link93 Posts: 410
    Someone needs to shut down this thread ASAP or move it to political category. 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,671
    link93 said:
    Someone needs to shut down this thread ASAP or move it to political category. 
    Already there sort of....

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/283146/anti-lgbtq-legislation-florida-and-tennessee/p1
    hedonist said:
    deadendp said:
    Kane6676 said:

And degenerates!

The fact that you focused on a statement about the band instead of the issue of so many children needing homes speaks volumes.
    Love to you, my friend! 
  • tusevuntusevun Posts: 231
    They should skip LA for the continual support of pedophilia and rape.
    They should never play Wrigley as it directly funds Trump
    Etc etc etc
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    PD279656 said:
    RobZ said:
    which is why it will not hold up in a court and everyone should allow the legal people do what the legal people to best
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• I already lost a show in Raleigh a few years ago for the stupid bathroom bill PLEASE do not do this to me again! 
    1994: 4/2 & 4/3 Fox Atlanta;  (4/3 was Iconic show broadcast live across the country on radio stations)
    1996: Charlotte 
    1998: Atlanta; Birmingham; Greenville;  West Palm Beach 1 & 2 (last show of tour played ping pong on stage)
    2000: Atlanta;Tampa; Nashville
    2003: Birmingham; Raleigh; Charlotte; Atlanta
    2007: Chicago Lollapalooza (Eddie showed early in day with Kings of Leon “Slow Night So Long”)
    2008: Columbia
    2012: Atlanta Music Midtown
    2018: Chicago Wrigley 2
  • DF195424 said:
    I already lost a show in Raleigh a few years ago for the stupid bathroom bill PLEASE do not do this to me again! 
    Agreed.
    Shitty laws are everywhere. Don't hurt the fans who paid to see you, not to mention any travel arrangements made. Is my opinion.
    2000- 9/1 Camden
    2003- 4/28 Philly, 7/5 Camden
    2005- 10/3 Philly
    2006- 5/27 Camden, 5/28 Camden, 6/3 East Rutherford
    2008- 6/19 Camden, 6/20 Camden
    2009- 10/29 Philly, 10/28 Philly, 10/30 Philly, 10/31 Philly
    2012- 9/2 Made In America
    2013- 10/21 Philly, 10/22 Philly
    2016- 4/28 Philly, 4/29 Philly
    Wishlist: Thumbing My Way, Black Red Yellow, Sleight of Hand
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,074
     Kane6676 said:
    PB11041 said:
    Kane6676 said:
    This wasn't the people.  The people didn't rise up and say we need this restriction on adoption in the state for the safety of certain religious groups.  Politicians wrote up a law at the behest of special interests with the intent of satiating the intellectual appetite of fear mongers.  It was not a proposition that was drafted and voted on by the people.  Don't be ridiculously obtuse for the point of poor effect. 
    Oh but you Sure don’t mind when those same politicians push something you agree with on the population now don’t ya? You don’t mind when they push communist style gun control without a vote of the people. Who’s obtuse now? You don’t mind when your govt funds groups like planned parenthood within asking for a vote of the people right ?
    :D
  • hedonist said:
    deadendp said:
    Kane6676 said:

And degenerates!

The person has also stated that Greta Thunberg is part of ANTIFA (not joking). Something to keep in my mind when discussing further. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Posts: 2,003
    Kane6676 said:
    PB11041 said:
    Kane6676 said:
    This wasn't the people.  The people didn't rise up and say we need this restriction on adoption in the state for the safety of certain religious groups.  Politicians wrote up a law at the behest of special interests with the intent of satiating the intellectual appetite of fear mongers.  It was not a proposition that was drafted and voted on by the people.  Don't be ridiculously obtuse for the point of poor effect. 
    Oh but you Sure don’t mind when those same politicians push something you agree with on the population now don’t ya? You don’t mind when they push communist style gun control without a vote of the people. Who’s obtuse now? You don’t mind when your govt funds groups like planned parenthood within asking for a vote of the people right ?

Still you. I mean you keep proving that with your ignorant posts. You're a joke and you need to evolve as a human being.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,958
    Kane6676 said:
    Liberal group think program = being a decent human and treating others with respect
  • Kane6676 said:
    Liberal group think program = being a decent human and treating others with respect
    If you really think Liberals =  being a decent human and treating people with respect.....you obviously don't get on Social Media very often.   
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Kane6676 said:
    If you really think Liberals =  being a decent human and treating people with respect.....you obviously don't get on Social Media very often.   

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • What has upset me the most is NC elected Democratic Governor and got rid of the Bathroom bill and PJ never sent any love our way!!!
    Ringo Starr came back and played after canceling..... I understand not playing but the fans should have been rewarded for their change...
    And now I have Nashville and have to worry that it will be canceled at last moment and lose my hotel deposit etc etc etc.

But lets pray being an election year they fire up the lets educate the masses tour!!!!

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,958
    Kane6676 said:
    I don’t make generalizations about entire groups based on what's on social media. My comment is in response to someone thinking equal access for gays and lesbians is some sort of liberal plot to make us all clones. I suppose conservative are now openly welcoming bigotry in their ongoing struggle with us libs. 
  • YAKIMATSU said:
    PB11041 said:
    shocker this joker joined the forum on January 26th.  Probably gutted didn't get GA based on avatar.  Trolls gonna troll trolly things.
    Just noticed too. Clearly coming in to the fan club 5 days ago with pearl scam as avatar is not an indicator for an pj fan. Please go away troll. You paid your $20, now go away. 
    Sorry Nazi you can’t order people around and make them obey you. 
This discussion has been closed.