Honest question re: member numbers

Comments

• ClipOnGirlClipOnGirl Posts: 53
    edited January 2020
    My boy friend and I are both members, but we usually use his number since it's 82xxx and mine's 164xxx.  I'm pretty sure I joined in 96 and he joined a few years before that. 
    Post edited by ClipOnGirl on
    I'll see you on the other side ...
  • cbbjrcbbjr Posts: 238
    YAKIMATSU said:
    mace1229 said:
    Didn't our number used to be our login? Maybe I was dumb and just made it my first username or something, but I remember typing it every time I logged in. Sort of like my first phone number, never forget it. That's why I remember it. 
    Did you join in 2000?  If so, I had 142xxx in 96, that would mean only 30,000 people joined from 96 to 00.  Haven't we had about 30k join since the beginning of December?
    I'm 172-something and joined in 98.
    98-KC; 00-Indianapolis, StL, KC; 03-KC, DC; 04-DC; 06-Camden2, DC, Pittsburgh; 08-DC; 09-Chicago1, Spectrum3; 10-DC; 13-Baltimore; 16-Chicago1; 18-Seattle2; 22-NY; 23-St Paul1&2, Chicago1; 24-Chicago2, NY1, Baltimore
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    edited January 2020
    rollings said:
    hihobibo said:
    I assumed that it was kind of like any other account number that you wouldn't want to give out. 

What I don't get is on in the Lost Dogs section of the forum, when people sell items, they will edit the post to delete the sold price, or hide the AP number of a poster. 
    I would just like to know , why? It's not like it's a password , we never need to know it except for bitchfest reasons,

and wow to everyone in the thread who posted.and just put their number down with 3 X's . Wow, thats awesome. 
    It might be because your 10c number was the default password given to you when you make your account. If you don’t bother to change it, then I guess people put in the x’s. 
    I don't think the member number was ever the default password. But it might have been apparently
    Post edited by rollings on
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,204
    Ok no biggie 27552 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Ok no biggie 27552 
    Yes--That's a smallie!
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    on2legs said:
    foodboy said:
    161xxx
    How long have you been a member to be in the 100000s?
    Is it known if there are many active members under 100000?

I'd have to think a lot of people have moved on as they've grown up and started families, as much as they love(d) the music.
    I’m 163xxx and joined November of 1997. 
    Thats exactly when i joined.  I HAD a 163xxx number.  Let it go in 2009 accidentally....
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    edited January 2020
    511515......I'm pretty sure. I would have to look it up to be sure. But it's close to that if I'm wrong.

Been lucky with the ticket gods since I got it. I like it for the most part.
    Post edited by northerndragon on
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,267
    YAKIMATSU said:
    mace1229 said:
    Didn't our number used to be our login? Maybe I was dumb and just made it my first username or something, but I remember typing it every time I logged in. Sort of like my first phone number, never forget it. That's why I remember it. 
    Did you join in 2000?  If so, I had 142xxx in 96, that would mean only 30,000 people joined from 96 to 00.  Haven't we had about 30k join since the beginning of December?
    Joined in 1998
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,957
    rollings said:
    rollings said:
    hihobibo said:
    I assumed that it was kind of like any other account number that you wouldn't want to give out. 

What I don't get is on in the Lost Dogs section of the forum, when people sell items, they will edit the post to delete the sold price, or hide the AP number of a poster. 
    I would just like to know , why? It's not like it's a password , we never need to know it except for bitchfest reasons,

and wow to everyone in the thread who posted.and just put their number down with 3 X's . Wow, thats awesome. 
    It might be because your 10c number was the default password given to you when you make your account. If you don’t bother to change it, then I guess people put in the x’s. 
    I don't think the member number was ever the default password. But it might have been apparently
    I don’t know the timeframes, but I joined in 2000 and my member # was my password by default because I didn’t change it for years. 
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    152xxx 1996 hasn’t been put to much use since they started doing smaller tours and baseball event shows.  But I keep hoping I get lucky and they play close enough that I won’t have to spend hundreds just to get to a show.  I did travel to Miami in 2016 and got floor seats and a special ten club entrance so that was worth it.  Amazing show! I hadn’t seen them live in about 10 yrs so figured I could treat myself to a flight and an Airbnb.  This time around nearest show is OKC which is a 5+ hour drive plus hotel......almost doable I went back and forth and settled on taking a pass
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    123-45-6789

Oh shit..thats my social sec number..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    It is another avenue for hackers to get into an account by posting the whole number, just another fact they have about you.  I'm pretty sure we all have cc info saved on this site; it's just another fail safe, I guess.  And I'm sticking to it, 208XXX.
    It is another avenue for hackers to get into an account by posting the whole number, just another fact they have about you.  I'm pretty sure we all have cc info saved on this site; it's just another fail safe, I guess.  And I'm sticking to it, 208XXX.
    Wait. Hackers can log in to my Pearl jam account with my member number?

How does this work? Or are you just saying stuff?
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    edited February 2020
    rollings said:

No I'm not just saying stuff . . . well maybe I am because I don't know how hackers hack, so I figure the more info they have the easier it is to hack into an account.  If they can hack in our PJ account, then they can find out more personal info on us and hack into our other accounts.   I'm just a scared person petrified of identity theft.  It's SO wrong, and it scares the hell out of me.  I don't have the means to climb out of it, what's mine is mine.  Sometimes I feel like I should just curl up in a ball and never leave home.   So to answer your question, I don't know how it works but you're not getting my fan club number no matter how hard you try.  hahahahahaha.  The sad thing is, there is some truth and some humor in this post.

Post edited by PureandEasy on
  • 511515......I'm pretty sure. I would have to look it up to be sure. But it's close to that if I'm wrong.

Been lucky with the ticket gods since I got it. I like it for the most part.
    I'm your number backwards! 515115 :)
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,674
    rollings said:
    rollings said:
    hihobibo said:

Can't remember but its possible the member number was at one time a default password.

I do recall it used to be printed on the address label of the newsletters when they would show up in the mail in the 90's.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Eddie told me never to share all my Numbers.
    105**7 spring 1996
  • VA179VA179 Posts: 1
    E-G-A-G said:

foodboy said:
    161xxx

I'd have to think a lot of people have moved on as they've grown up and started families, as much as they love(d) the music.
    My number is 89xxx. I joined Ten Club in 1994. I don’t post a lot on this message board. I got burned out on other PJ and Car forums back in the 90s... I know plenty of sub 100k numbers of people who still have memberships. Much lower numbers than mine...

And to the original poster, I think most people don’t list their entire fan club number for fear of some sort of identity theft/subterfuge. During certain ticket permutations the low numbers were worth their weight in gold. Like 2003 for instance because of the ‘block system’ they were using at that time to pick tickets. 

Today, I’m just killing time until they tell me my seat locations... good luck everybody. 
    I'm 10xxx. I technically joined the Club when I sent a letter to the band sometime in '91 as a 15 year old, thanking them for their music. I was sent the first Xmas single that year and started getting them yearly. Frankly, I don't even think I paid for the first decade.

The first time I used my number to see them in the Bay Area for the Halloween show in 2000, a few days before George Bush got elected. I remember geeking out that my number was the first on the posted sign at the pick up line! I believe I was on the 7th row center then. Excited to see them again in Oakland this year, 20 years after that last show! Yup, my seat is great for that one.
  • E-G-A-GE-G-A-G Posts: 234
    VA179 said:
    E-G-A-G said:

foodboy said:
    161xxx

My number is 89xxx. I joined Ten Club in 1994. I don’t post a lot on this message board. I got burned out on other PJ and Car forums back in the 90s... I know plenty of sub 100k numbers of people who still have memberships. Much lower numbers than mine...

And to the original poster, I think most people don’t list their entire fan club number for fear of some sort of identity theft/subterfuge. During certain ticket permutations the low numbers were worth their weight in gold. Like 2003 for instance because of the ‘block system’ they were using at that time to pick tickets. 

Today, I’m just killing time until they tell me my seat locations... good luck everybody. 
    I'm 10xxx. I technically joined the Club when I sent a letter to the band sometime in '91 as a 15 year old, thanking them for their music. I was sent the first Xmas single that year and started getting them yearly. Frankly, I don't even think I paid for the first decade.

The first time I used my number to see them in the Bay Area for the Halloween show in 2000, a few days before George Bush got elected. I remember geeking out that my number was the first on the posted sign at the pick up line! I believe I was on the 7th row center then. Excited to see them again in Oakland this year, 20 years after that last show! Yup, my seat is great for that one.
    That is a sick number. Shame you've only used it twice. See you in Oakland, I'm gonna be deeply vested in the general admission line/happenings for those shows.
  • NEweatherNEweather Posts: 519
    rollings said:

No I'm not just saying stuff . . . well maybe I am because I don't know how hackers hack, so I figure the more info they have the easier it is to hack into an account.  If they can hack in our PJ account, then they can find out more personal info on us and hack into our other accounts.   I'm just a scared person petrified of identity theft.  It's SO wrong, and it scares the hell out of me.  I don't have the means to climb out of it, what's mine is mine.  Sometimes I feel like I should just curl up in a ball and never leave home.   So to answer your question, I don't know how it works but you're not getting my fan club number no matter how hard you try.  hahahahahaha.  The sad thing is, there is some truth and some humor in this post.

( yep- some truth. )
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    221,123 re-joined late 2000/early 2001 - I don't really recall.
    I had a much lower number somewhere back in 95 but let it lapse in 96.  I want to say it was in the 97-98k range, but it very well could have been something like 103k.
  • MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,665
    MayDay10 said:
    rollings said:
    ok I'm going to do this .

I apologize in advance if I break the board

And I hope my electricity doesn't shut off or that I drown.

Just don't laugh
    Its been mentioned, but it is in no way a security thing.  It is the fact that the last 3 numbers are almost completely insignificant.  I know I am in the 318XXX range, which narrows it down to much less than 1% of the membership and adequately slots me in on any list.   

I have no clue what the last 3 numbers are.  If I did, I would have no problem listing them.  I never look up my number, so I never see the last 3 digits.  I just know Im in the 318,000s, which is all the information needed and anyone cares about.  

1) Log into: https://pearljam.com/ten-club/my-account/account
    2) Click "membership" on the left under "my account".
    3) See your membership number
    4) Post your membership number here
  • aliveguy324aliveguy324 Posts: 75
    edited April 2020
    Mine is 165xxx from March 1998. I can't give out the rest of the number because it's not only my membership number, it's the combination to my bicycle lock and the lock on my lawn mower. Oh yeah.....my luggage too. :)=)
    Post edited by aliveguy324 on
  • Hahahahahahahahahahahahah
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,828
    edited April 2020
    I just want to know who the lucky person with 123456 is. Heck, does anyone have a "funny" number? I believe someone has 696969 by now. Someone got 420420 a while ago.

My 279xxx was from Jan 2003.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • It's TRUE! No idea how one would find that out...but now I want to know what they know!
  • As if they could shed some perspective on this aĺl encompassing trip ..
  • RNDM SCARY LIVE
  • Not really though...a good walk through parkdale will settle that feud...
  • AmantriaAmantria Posts: 374
    edited April 2020
    429xxc here.  Rejoined in 09 (I think??? Maybe 10??).  I signed up originally in 93 or 94 but let it lapse in 99 and it took me a decade to get my shit in order and re sign up.  I didnt have two nickels to rub together for most of that time, and then finally in 09 i decided it was time.  I remember trying to find a member numberon any of my old newsletters but never did find one.  Took the labels off most of them as I used to take them to school with me to read on the way. I'm probably better off not knowing really...it still burns lol.  I figure in another 20 years or so that 429 will finally get me front and center!!
    Its good to be back!!