"Dance of the Clairvoyants" Mach II coming tomorrow.

2»

Comments

• evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    Pearl Jam: Episode II: The Clairvoyants Strike Back.  
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    ComeToTX said:
    very nice.  glad to finally read the lyrics too.
    The lyrics are not perfect on YouTube.   Says "solitary man" but Ed clearly sings "Not one man". 
    There are lyrics included in the info text below the video.
    I know.  Those lyrics say Solitary Man and clearly not correct.
  • LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    Yep - excellent video!  Worth watching, though part of me was hoping for an extended Mike solo after the “they’re out of this world” lyric. Too much to hope for, I guess!
  • BC62528BC62528 Posts: 210
    Great song and video, although it is obvious the band was trying to distract the haters from hating for a few moments (ticket injustices), but clearly that didn't work...
  • Incomplete lyrics again.  
    Also are stone and jeff holding bass guitars? I think so.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Dig the video! Nice work PJ!
    Austin, TX
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    Incomplete lyrics again.  
    Just watched the video once.  Bad ass.  I had the same question though.  To me it looks like Jeff is holding a guitar?  Clearly Stone holding a bass.  I couldn't tell with Jeff.
  • RobZRobZ Posts: 181
    Love, love, love this tune....however,  IT"S JUST SCREAMING FOR A HOOK, A MCCREADY KILLER LEAD!!  The tune almost sounds unfinished. Right between the lyrics "I'm in love with Clairvoyants cause they're out of this world"-and the start of the chorus-"I know the girls wanna dance" (about the 2:30 mark) there's a perfect break,...it begins like a build up for a hook, and then....nothing...back to the chorus.  As a long time musician, this killing me... :)   If the rest of the album is as good, and more importantly, as original as this tune...we're all in for treat---a classic album!

--Side note to my music-musician-critique-psychosis...I always felt the Jefferson Airplane tune "White Rabbit" felt unfinished as well. After the huge buildup to the double verse of "feed you head"...the band should have immediately fell back to the slow bass and drum intro for another go around and verse.    

I have plenty more.......

but....back to my nurse and trusty piano.
    2006: Las Vegas, Nevada
    2009: Salt Lake City, Utah
    2012: Missoula, Montana
    2014: Denver, Colorado
    2018: Missoula, Montana

• RobZRobZ Posts: 181
    Lostpawn said:
    Yep - excellent video!  Worth watching, though part of me was hoping for an extended Mike solo after the “they’re out of this world” lyric. Too much to hope for, I guess!
    Ahhhhhh...just seen your post, good to know I'm not the only one  :D
    2006: Las Vegas, Nevada
    2009: Salt Lake City, Utah
    2012: Missoula, Montana
    2014: Denver, Colorado
    2018: Missoula, Montana

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    It’s just a different version of the video guys. 
    Thanks...and to save anyone from the confusion of next week; the groundhog doesnt actually determine the duration of the winter.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • PapPap Posts: 28,777
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    RobZ said:
    Lostpawn said:
    Ahhhhhh...just seen your post, good to know I'm not the only one  :D
    Likewise!  Maybe they will do it this way live, or in a future re-release. Let’s hope  :)
    Just watched the video once.  Bad ass.  I had the same question though.  To me it looks like Jeff is holding a guitar?  Clearly Stone holding a bass.  I couldn't tell with Jeff.
    My strong guess is Jeff is playing guitar. It answers a question I had when I first heard the song, i.e. who's playing the second non-Mike guitar part that appears during the chorus. I was wondering if it was Ed or Jeff.
  • ComeToTX said:
    very nice.  glad to finally read the lyrics too.
    The lyrics are not perfect on YouTube.   Says "solitary man" but Ed clearly sings "Not one man". 
    There are lyrics included in the info text below the video.
    I know.  Those lyrics say Solitary Man and clearly not correct.
    Sorry, thought you were talking about the youtube generated subtitles. Stupid me.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    My strong guess is Jeff is playing guitar. It answers a question I had when I first heard the song, i.e. who's playing the second non-Mike guitar part that appears during the chorus. I was wondering if it was Ed or Jeff.
    I've seen this movie before.

https://youtu.be/-6X0rOC32AA
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • TinaETinaE Posts: 1,492

I really like it, especially Ed`s eye at the beginning of the video ....
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • Check out all three music videos side by side! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwdHJvoMCyo&feature=youtu.be
    21 year old member of the jamily. Photographer/Cinematographer. Born & raised in Omaha, NE. Currently residing in Chicago, IL. Thank my Dad for my music taste. Alpine Valley, WI 2011 N2 - Lincoln, NE 2014 - Central Park, NY 2015 - Wrigley Field, IL 2016 N2 - Wrigley Field 2018 N1
  • PapPap Posts: 28,777
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024