Options

What is considered rare or hard to get?

Comments

• Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 404
    Rare PJ things that come to mind.

Early promo items like the matt, basketball hoops, vodka, jack daniels, megaphone, yield sign.
    Freak, giveway, rarefied and live, monkeywrench radio, vault 1, z100 booklet, advanced copies.
    Angel unedited, first xmas, blue fixer, orange fixer.
    Chapstik, sunglasses, Cherub sticker, toast, WMA, flame.
    Slipcover friends and family books, challenge coins, moleskine books, itinerary's.
    The yield signs are really considered that rare? Good to know.
  • Options
    moleculemolecule Posts: 611
    PJ Jack Daniels. Amazing.
    Image result for pearl jam jack daniels
    🤙
  • Options
    axeljohan said:

Early promo items like the matt, basketball hoops, vodka, jack daniels, megaphone, yield sign.
    Freak, giveway, rarefied and live, monkeywrench radio, vault 1, z100 booklet, advanced copies.
    Slipcover friends and family books, challenge coins, moleskine books, itinerary's.
    There are fake ones so yes.  People have been recreating them but with the wrong font so they are easy to tell apart.
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I have a Yield sign hanging in my basement. Not for sale though; that was once my holy grail.
  • Options
    And then, of course, Give Way which I drove 45 minutes to Best Buy for, only to find out they pulled it. But now with the internet, everybody has a copy that wants one.
  • Options
    CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,891
    If Vault 1 is considered rare why is the value so low? I've always wondered why or how no one cares about this one. I'd be interested to know how many are out there since it was just a single give away at PJ20? How many tickets were given to fan clubbers?
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Options
    It's rare, but the value is low because it's a CD format that is also available digitally. That's my best guess anyway.
  • Options
    CP218430 said:
    If Vault 1 is considered rare why is the value so low? I've always wondered why or how no one cares about this one. I'd be interested to know how many are out there since it was just a single give away at PJ20? How many tickets were given to fan clubbers?
    It's rare, but the value is low because it's a CD format that is also available digitally. That's my best guess anyway.
    Just check past ebay sales or if any are listed.  They don't come up often.

As for the low price?  150-200 for a cd isn't cheap as far as I am concerned!
  • Options
    CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,891
    Touche. Didn't know it had gone up that much.
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 404
    axeljohan said:

There are fake ones so yes.  People have been recreating them but with the wrong font so they are easy to tell apart.
    That should be a real one, I hope
  • Options
    Doesn't Vault 1 CD sell for under $100? Still too much for a CD for me, but where is the $200 number coming from?
  • Options
    Doesn't Vault 1 CD sell for under $100? Still too much for a CD for me, but where is the $200 number coming from?
    Past sales that I have seen.

Last one sold for 175 on ebay.

• Options
    Fair enough. The discogs median is under $100, but did a closer look and the last one sold over a year ago, so hard to get a good value with so few recent sales.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    edited January 2020
    What's the z100 booklet?
  • Options
    Fair enough. The discogs median is under $100, but did a closer look and the last one sold over a year ago, so hard to get a good value with so few recent sales.
    See, they don't come up for sale that often!
  • Options
    CopperTom said:
    What's the z100 booklet?
    It's actually a 4 disc set of Monkey wrench radio.
    http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=1511
  • Options
    For the record, I like it and it might not be that rare but I dig it, lol.
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited January 2020
    andrew68 said:
    molecule said:
    Very cool. Didn't know there was a 10 welcome mat! Sounds like it was used in record/cd shop aisles to point to where PJ is.
    Pearl Jam Doormat
    i have two of these if anyone is interested in a trade
    @molecule What are you looking for? Id love to have one of those
  • Options
    andrew68 said:
    molecule said:
    Very cool. Didn't know there was a 10 welcome mat! Sounds like it was used in record/cd shop aisles to point to where PJ is.
    Pearl Jam Doormat
    Wish I did @1ThoughtKnown! It was @andrew68.
    🤙
  • Options
    molecule said:
    andrew68 said:
    molecule said:
    Pearl Jam Doormat
    Wish I did @1ThoughtKnown! It was @andrew68.
    HAHA my bad. Well @andrew68, what are you looking for in a trade?

• Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    edited February 2020
    Saw the Give Way disc going for around $700 or so on eBay not too long ago. There's a copy on Discogs right now for $600.

https://www.discogs.com/Pearl-Jam-Give-Way/release/5329226

There was an overseas Singles Box set that I paid a pretty penny for around 10 years ago. I haven't seen that for sale online in a while. I sold it several years ago when I initially switched to solely having all my music in digital format. That didn't last that long and finally I've replaced everything I (reasonably) could over the past few years. 

Image result for pearl jam singles box set

I still "need" to find a couple of things, but I've taken a "the Universe will provide" approach to getting them. It's worked so far and a lot of the rarer PJ stuff I've loved has found its' way back to me. - Far out mannnnnn -  :)
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Saw a few Give Ways go for $250-$300 last year.  I would hold off
  • Options
    What has Vault 1 gone for? Were they only given to PJ20 attendees?
    🤙
  • Options
    Saw the Give Way disc going for around $700 or so on eBay not too long ago. There's a copy on Discogs right now for $600.

There was an overseas Singles Box set that I paid a pretty penny for around 10 years ago. I haven't seen that for sale online in a while. I sold it several years ago when I initially switched to solely having all my music in digital format. That didn't last that long and finally I've replaced everything I (reasonably) could over the past few years. 

I still "need" to find a couple of things, but I've taken a "the Universe will provide" approach to getting them. It's worked so far and a lot of the rarer PJ stuff I've loved has found its' way back to me. - Far out mannnnnn -  :)
    Yeah those singles box sets are a sham.  You get the singles in a repackaged box.  Smart marketing for the record store.  The record stores did that and not the band officially.
  • Options
    Giveway sealed 3-400.

A Freak CD should fetch 6-700.
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170

Yeah those singles box sets are a sham.  You get the singles in a repackaged box.  Smart marketing for the record store.  The record stores did that and not the band officially.
     Thanks. I always wondered whether it was licensed or not. Figured it was some type of bootleg. It was a very nice box. There's a pic of the velvet window pane in the replica notebook in the 93-95 deluxe box set. That's what got me to look for it on eBay, lol. 
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    molecule said:
    What has Vault 1 gone for? Were they only given to PJ20 attendees?
    originally, yes, then they also gave them away to people who bought the Vs/Vitalogy box set at a certain point. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Giveway sealed 3-400.

I paid $350 for a sealed Give Way last year.  
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited February 2020
    CopperTom said:
    Giveway sealed 3-400.

I turned down one for $275 because i was chasing a poster.  Wish id bought it
  • Options
    Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,125
    CopperTom said:
    Giveway sealed 3-400.

Did you open it?? 😉