Options

Please play Who You Are in Oakland

Comments

• Options
    MD190661MD190661 Posts: 341
    GA night 1 and about 10 rows off the floor right next to the stage night 2. Perfect for me. Both sets via F2F. Had good seats from 10Club, but these are way better.
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,183
    That's definitely a bonus of Fan2Fan.  I don't recall any other PJ tours where you could be diligent and keep upgrading your tickets to really good ones.

We'll all be right up in front for Who You Are :)
  • Options
    late night bump :)
  • Options
    TA13251TA13251 Posts: 2
    Who You Are in Oakland!
    Bump
  • Options
    3 days til Oakland!!!

I hope we get down there for the first show ok.   Everything is a bit crazy for travel right now.  Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    late night bump
  • Options
    Good morning bump!
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    I watched all the videos included in the thread. Those '96 versions kick ass! 
  • Options
    DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 238
    It's our turn!
  • Options
    I hope so! 2 days!
  • Options
    getting closer.  Need to test covid negative today, and need things to smooth with flights tomorrow morning.. fingers crossed!
  • Options
    time to do some serious bumping.. been trying to keep this thread alive for 2+ years :)

preliminary covid test came back negative, real one is at lunch time today.   Hopefully I'm ok to fly tomorrow.  Then it's hoping I don't get f'd trying to connect to my other flight :(
  • Options
    Good luck! We have a pretty short flight tonight down from Seattle
  • Options
    Zod said:
    time to do some serious bumping.. been trying to keep this thread alive for 2+ years :)

Thanks again for starting this thread. I was so happy to find it and bump it the moment we got the new dates. I will be so insanely overjoyed if we get this song.
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,542
    Let's get it done!
  • Options
    Just a little time, before we leave...
  • Options
    next step done, I'm covid negative which means I can board a plane to the good 'ole US of A.

Next hurdles, hoping everything works out with flights tomorrow.. fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    Zod said:
    next step done, I'm covid negative which means I can board a plane to the good 'ole US of A.

Next hurdles, hoping everything works out with flights tomorrow.. fingers crossed!
    You're flying in to Oakland tomorrow and you're not in the US? Where you flying in from? 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    DoDaFoo said:
    Just a little time, before we leave...

My flight got moved back 2 hours. Just a little MORE time before we leave...
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Zod said:

You're flying in to Oakland tomorrow and you're not in the US? Where you flying in from? 
    Victoria, BC.  Need to fly down the west coast.  We get a puddle jumper from Victoria to Vancouver at 10am.  Then fly to San Fran from 12:20 to 3:00pm.

No way we're getting in the GA line early for night 1..  I Figure it's 2 or 3 hours to get the luggage, take the BART to our hotel, drop it off, then get back on the bart to the arena.  So best case scenario would be getting to the venue around 5 or 6.  If anything goes side ways we only have few hours margin of error, then you go into missing the opener :(

The only other option was to fly at 6am and get there at noon, but we didn't do it because flights cost twice as much.  In hindsight I wish we had.

but yah.. I live super close to the US.  I see America every day because on side San Juan Island is about 15km away, and south and east are big American Mountains that loom over us on the other side of the ocean.  If there wasn't an Ocean it'd be super easy to get to Seattle, it's about 80 miles away. 
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    HEADS UP for all those attending the Oakland shows. I just received this email from the Arena: 

COVID-19 EVENT REQUIREMENTS

All attendees ages 2 and older of events inside Oakland Arena MUST wear face coverings.

It is strongly recommended that all attendees ages 2 and older of events at Oakland Arena verify that they are fully vaccinated or have tested negative for COVID-19.

Visit here for more information.

Event Timeline: Thursday, May 12 at 7:30 pm

Doors Open: 6:00 pm

Entrances:  Main Plaza, East, North, South and South Tunnel for GA. 

Parking Open: 5:30 pm

Please note that parking fees must be paid with a cashless form of payment. We take Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover Card as well as 'Tap to Pay'.

Box Office Will Call Open: 5:00 pm

To pick up Will Call tickets, please proceed to the venue's main Box Office located on the plaza level between Oakland Arena & RingCentral Coliseum.

Guests picking up Will Call tickets are required to show a valid photo ID in their name. The name on the valid photo ID must match the name on the Will Call ticket envelope. No exceptions to this policy can be made.

Bag Check: Bag check is not available.

Visit here for our FAQ page.

Cashless Payment: We are now cashless inside the venue, parking gates and box office. Visit here for more information. 

• Options
    bump!
  • Options
    MM70435MM70435 Posts: 246
    Zod said:
    That's definitely a bonus of Fan2Fan.  I don't recall any other PJ tours where you could be diligent and keep upgrading your tickets to really good ones.

We'll all be right up in front for Who You Are :)
    That's not the case on the east coast.  I did my due diligence and can't even get in the building via F2F, much less upgrading your seats.  With that being said, I really hope they play Who You Are for you.  I will be following along on the setlist thread.  If you ever wondered if Ed actually ever looks at this forum and they play Who You Are, you will know the answer.  I just hope they play it in Vegas as well.
    00 - Atlanta                                            10 - MSG I&II    
    03 - Birmingham, Atlanta                       22 - L̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶g̶a̶s̶, Camden, Nashville   
    04 - Asheville, Kissimmee                     23 -  Ft Worth II                                                                                
    08 - Tampa, Columbia                           24 - LA I&II, Philadelphia I&II, Baltimore?
    09 - Atlanta I&II (EV)
                    " if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.
  • Options
    Or maybe someone else keeps an eye on the forum and relay's it to the band.. one can hope :)
  • Options
    getting ready to head to the airport bump!
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,542
    Bump
  • Options
    Waiting to fly bump
  • Options
    Good luck!

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• Options
    Made the connecting flight bump.  Next stop San Francisco :)