“Keep an eye out for Mach 2 & 3!”

2»

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,154
    edited February 2020
    tish said:
    What I mean, specifically, is when you think of how the song was created, step-by-step, artist by artist; it is neat that the video was revealed in a step-by-step process as well. 

Edit: Wouldn't it be awesome it the lightning bolt on the green screen was from that show a few years back? 
    Maybe if they had made a deal with youtube to have the same video be updated. Maybe even let the video live on through the year and change. 

Or do like Jack White did with a music video and have the three videos being streamed at the same time and you can switch between them

Now it's just three videos that are pretty much the same, labeled mach I-III for an unknown reason. 

What is the need of Mach II ? Who will ever look at that again?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Trust me.
    Trust me, Murr-ay.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838

The use of the word "should" was fine.   I want the government to give me a billion dollars but that doesn't mean they should give me a billion dollars.   The full band video should have been the first video when more than just the hardcore fans were going to see it.   I don't "want" the first version to be the full band because I am a big fan and will watch it whether it was Mach 1 or Mach 3. 

• The use of the word "should" was fine.   I want the government to give me a billion dollars but that doesn't mean they should give me a billion dollars.

That's the same thing I said. For the rest, you're purporting expertise you don't have with regard to a marketing strategy you've seen incompletely.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
    edited February 2020
    BennyLaRue said:

Forget the Apollo. They should get those Chinese hospital builders to build a concert hall* for all the people who missed out on MSG.

* - due to Chinese government building standards, most seats will be a partially obstructed view
    So, exactly what expertise do you have in the field of construction to claim this? And have you knowledge enough to claim it is not incomplete?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • BennyLaRue said:

Forget the Apollo. They should get those Chinese hospital builders to build a concert hall* for all the people who missed out on MSG.

* - due to Chinese government building standards, most seats will be a partially obstructed view
    So, exactly what expertise do you have in the field of construction to claim this? And have you knowledge enough to claim it is not incomplete?
    Aww, you searched on my name and "should". Cute.
  • JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,407
    I like this video
    https://youtu.be/5_G6jlVyFDc
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
    edited February 2020
    BennyLaRue said:

Aww, you searched on my name and "should". Cute.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    BennyLaRue said: 

The use of the word "should" was fine.   I want the government to give me a billion dollars but that doesn't mean they should give me a billion dollars.

That's the same thing I said. For the rest, you're purporting expertise you don't have with regard to a marketing strategy you've seen incompletely.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
    So what do I say then if I think they should have done something but don’t care personally and this don’t want?

did not realize one must be an expert to use the word should in a particular subject.  
  • How about MACH 4?!
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Lostpawn said:
    I remember when they didn’t make videos because they were busy creating more great songs than they could fit on their albums.  Now we got 3 videos for the first single.
    That’s not why they stopped making videos.  If you want to complain about their production rate, at least have your facts straight. 
    Sorry Mr PJ fact police nerd, but it kinda is...  I get what you mean, it isn’t the ‘official’ reason they stopped making videos, but the point is they were focused on making music and shunned promotional stuff.

• BennyLaRue said: 

The use of the word "should" was fine.   I want the government to give me a billion dollars but that doesn't mean they should give me a billion dollars.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
    So what do I say then if I think they should have done something but don’t care personally and this don’t want?

did not realize one must be an expert to use the word should in a particular subject.  
    The operative "think" turns it into an opinion. Less "Monday Morning Quarterback" than what SC was originally doing.
  • BennyLaRue said: 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

The operative "think" turns it into an opinion. Less "Monday Morning Quarterback" than what SC was originally doing.
    they should have still done what I suggested. 
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Because I should must!
    https://youtu.be/68cqDJvzJao
  • LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    Lostpawn said:
    I remember when they didn’t make videos because they were busy creating more great songs than they could fit on their albums.  Now we got 3 videos for the first single.
    That’s not why they stopped making videos.  If you want to complain about their production rate, at least have your facts straight. 
    Sorry Mr PJ fact police nerd, but it kinda is...  I get what you mean, it isn’t the ‘official’ reason they stopped making videos, but the point is they were focused on making music and shunned promotional stuff.

Nice!  Do I get a badge?  ;)  Also, it’s Dr. PJ Fact Police Nerd. I didn’t go to 6 years of PJ Fact Police School to be called Mister. 

Seriously though, how much extra work do you think the band (not the video producer) put into making 3 videos instead of 1?  Looking at the videos, it seems like the band did one shoot and then the producer made 3 separate videos with different amounts of band footage interspersed.  I’m not so sure that this took much away from the band’s creative time. 

I guess I understand your sentiment, but don’t really agree with it.  Anyway, I hope you have a great time at the shows this tour!