Comments

• KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,071
    Interesting. Maybe three different versions of the music video?
  • How about January 25th instead 
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,333
    Crossing fingers Mach 3 is in 4k.
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946
    demetrios said:
    I'm hoping for somethjng a little more retro:

"I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,441
    I like how Mach II juxtaposes "dance away their circumstance" with the fire/burning images.
    I love the daisies in the video. 
    I love seeing the beautiful northern/southern lights. That would be such a romantic place to have a date.
    I wish their was more of a head shot than a chest shot of Ed at times, but then again, that's how I sometimes share bf pics haha.
    I like the waves during the creation/beginning.
    The baby's breath is also juxtaposed nicely with the "perceptively big/big as the ocean" lyrics
    I like seeing Ed's pupil dilate with light and especially seeing the Aurora Borealis lights reflected therein.

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,333
    mpedone said:
    demetrios said:
    I'm hoping for somethjng a little more retro:

That would be awesome!!
  • My guess is the newer version will start to show more and more of the band.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,791
    Thought it was gonna come out this week
    I miss igotid88
    My guess is the newer version will start to show more and more of the band.
    So, like, what you're saying is... Mach I, II, and III is uhhh Pearl Jam's version of a strip tease?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,154
    edited February 2020
    Mach 3: LIve version of the song. With just the band featured. Make it so.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited February 2020
    ^ Yes, you did give that one away for free. I was just feeling snarky. missed you while you were in jail.
    Edit: figure of speech... time out from club for posts?
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • tish said:
    ^ Yes, you did give that one away for free. I was just feeling snarky. missed you while you were in jail.
    Jail?
  • Drops in 25 minutes
  • SB117186SB117186 Posts: 346
    Awesome!!!
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,671
    A video?!! Damn MTV corporate shills

What's next.....

Private Jets?
    Private Corporate  gigs?
    $40 t-shirts?
    Partnering with Ticketmaster?

Oh wait

Just wanted to get the complaints out there first.
    Love the song and the video.

• Are Stone and Jeff gonna swap places on stage when they play this live?  I've seen a lot people on Reddit complaining about how we got three videos of the same song and I just don't understand the complaints.  I think it's brilliant how these videos have progressed to show more and more of the band playing.  
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946
    edited February 2020
    jxchamb1 said:
    Are Stone and Jeff gonna swap places on stage when they play this live?  I've seen a lot people on Reddit complaining about how we got three videos of the same song and I just don't understand the complaints.  I think it's brilliant how these videos have progressed to show more and more of the band playing.  

Probably. They do when they play Smile.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
    edited February 2020
    jxchamb1 said:
    Are Stone and Jeff gonna swap places on stage when they play this live?  I've seen a lot people on Reddit complaining about how we got three videos of the same song and I just don't understand the complaints.  I think it's brilliant how these videos have progressed to show more and more of the band playing.  
    There would be a point if it was KISS when unmasking for the first time in 1980s.

Or GHOST if they unveil a new Pope character.

What is "brilliant" here? 

Mach II should have been this. And Mach III should have been a live version.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Complaints? Bleh. Who cares? I'm enjoying all of the videos. I really hope that the album has more of this sound, but I have a feeling it won't. The grooves on " Dance..." are deep.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • I remember when they didn’t make videos because they were busy creating more great songs than they could fit on their albums.  Now we got 3 videos for the first single.
  • LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    I remember when they didn’t make videos because they were busy creating more great songs than they could fit on their albums.  Now we got 3 videos for the first single.
    That’s not why they stopped making videos.  If you want to complain about their production rate, at least have your facts straight. 
  • Mach II should have been this. And Mach III should have been a live version.
    "should"

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Complaints? Bleh. Who cares? I'm enjoying all of the videos. I really hope that the album has more of this sound, but I have a feeling it won't. The grooves on " Dance..." are deep.
    This
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Mach II should have been this. And Mach III should have been a live version.
    "should"

In what way was I using it wrong?
    I love that video! So nice to see the guys playing together! I'm glad we didn't have to wait for Mach III to be ready to hear the song and got to see its' evolution. Quite fitting if ya think of it.
  • BennyLaRueBennyLaRue Posts: 751
    edited February 2020
    In what way was I using it wrong?

Clear case of "want" vs "should".

I mean, I want you not to dress up as Joaquin's Joker this Halloween, but I'm not in a position to say you shouldn't.
    Post edited by BennyLaRue on
    edited February 2020
    What I mean, specifically, is when you think of how the song was created, step-by-step, artist by artist; it is neat that the video was revealed in a step-by-step process as well. 

Edit: Wouldn't it be awesome it the lightning bolt on the green screen was from that show a few years back? 
    Post edited by Spunkie on
    edited February 2020
    Clear case of "want" vs "should".

I mean, I want you not to dress up as Joaquin's Joker this Halloween, but I'm not on a position to say you shouldn't.
    Okey m8,

But I say with authority what they should. 

Trust me. I got this. Like Sylvester Stallone in the underrated film Daylight.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on